Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:04 - 12 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted....
Was just about to get the latest MS Flight Sim, and whilst reading the spec couldn't see any helicopters...

Turns out there aren't any... Jeezz that was a close call.

No fucking helos WTF... whats the point in that, all the fucking planes fly themselves how boring is that.

Mmm.. back to projects then....

GB

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 12 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost of Tsushima - 9.5/10

I just finished the game on PS5 and it was engaging and entertaining all the way through the story line, played it on the Lethal difficulty. Also, great visuals, even on the base PS4 where I've started the game. I'm not going to lie, the game runs amazingly on the PS5 (60Hz, 4K, pretty much no loading times). Either way, I was blown away by the level of detail, particle effects and very well done lighting. The game just felt next gen, even on the base PS4!

I'm not going to spoil the story, all I can say is, it is a very well written story. The gameplay and combat mechanics are very well balanced and done as well. Assasins's creed games can right feck of with their repetitive gameplay, that they got ever since Ubisoft figured out the parkour thing.

PS4 or PS5, I very much recommend this game. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:11 - 13 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been alternating between Human Revolution, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt 4.0 which I got on offer on Steam.

The contrast between Dirt 4.0 and Dirt Rally 2.0 is... astounding. I can dominate all the stages on 4.0 because I'm used to Rally, and Rally is that much harder. 2.0 feels like a breeze in comparison.

I realised that when I'm doing a stage on Rally 2.0 I'm using the controller like when you see videos of rally drivers feet on the pedals of rally cars, lots of switching, intermittent analogue controlling of both buttons and sticks and I suspect if I videoed my hands it would look quite crazy - and yet, I'm still only sort of average at the game. I can regularly get into the top 200 on daily challenges, but it's taken a lot of practice to get there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 14 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a game called Stormworks, where you get to engineer boats, planes, trains, trucks, etc. It's basically like playing with duplo, but with engines, electrics and general mechanics. Very cool. You have to design the hull/chassis/frame/whatever from scratch too. Pretty much everything from the ground up.

You even have to do a bit of Lua programming to get the more technical things to work, e.g. showing a GPS point on a screen with a map. No corners are cut, it's hard and properly technical, without being so technical that it feels like doing actual work.

You then have to use your creations to perform rescue missions, the results of which give you cash to buy larger ports, hangars etc for building bigger things.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 15 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Hitman 3 like two weeks ago and I have poured all my free time into playing it. I love trying to complete all the challenges on the levels and a guy at my work is in a constant face-off with me to see who can get the lowest time on each level. Fantastic game.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 16 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Black Mesa any good?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:19 - 17 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Is Black Mesa any good?

It's Half Life remastered... *shrug*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 17 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Is Black Mesa any good?

Not bad, I wouldn't pay full price for it though Wink

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:
Is Black Mesa any good?

It's Half Life made using the Half Life 2 engine.

It's a must for any Half Life fan Thumbs Up

ಠ_ಠ

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im honestly pretty shocked as i thought PC gaming would have moved on a lot since i stopped when i left uni. Looking at games and ive got to admit its pretty lack luster.

Loved half life, loved counter strike source etc and comparing now i don't see much inspiration to get anything new.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:12 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
It's Half Life made using the Half Life 2 engine.

It's a must for any Half Life fan Thumbs Up

It's more than that because Half Life : Source has existed for years. Black Mesa is a rebuild from the ground up really.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 00:13 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:
Is Black Mesa any good?

Nope it's a total remake, big difference a remaster is the same game with jazzed up textures maybe a few additions, (Think 1990's Star Wars movies)

A remake is a totally new game.

Take the Resident Evil Remake (which was then remastered Laughing .)
https://sagamer.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/remake-remaster.jpg

If you liked the OG Half Life you will love Black Mesa it really is excellent.

I just finished Assassins Creed Black Flag. I'm conflicted about it. The story is crap, the platforming clunky and the combat is very easy and dull. The end boss was killed in a single hit, 0 challenge. The on ship stuff though is excellent and the game is really fun to explore. I enjoyed it on the whole.

I fancy playing Cyberpunk but it looks like a hot mess. I'm going to give it 6 months see if they fix it.

Last edited by chris-red on 01:44 - 13 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, i kinda liked the Black Flags for a bit then it ended up like every adventure game.

Today i played TF2 and i was like shit, people are still playing this as well, its a good way to kill that 1 hour of free time lol. Tho why is there nothing some newer graphical wise with the same good gameplay?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 01:58 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control is a good game, certainly the most visually stunning game I ever played.

It's made by Remedy (Max Payne, Alan Wake) and it is is set in the same world as Alan Wake you do not need to now anything about AW to play Control though.

It's a Third Person Adventure game, it is a very strange setting a bit Lost/X Files/Twilight Zone. It has a good story and great pacing the Characters in it are great I think, it is very weird. They level your character in a very cool way as you progress through the game you get more abilities but these abilities change how you play the game and fight the enemies. It keeps the whole thing fresh.

This game did something I only remember happening a few times in my lift and the graphics stopped me dead and I just starred at how good it looked. The first time I remember it happening was with Oblivion it also happened with Horizon Zero Dawn. I now truly appreciate how awesome RTX was. I was stood in front of a projector playing a movie. The movie cut out on the wall, and it played on my back perfectly adjusted to scale and curved round my body, at the same time a light was swinging behind me casting perfect shadows all of the place and the whole thing was reflected in a window. It was unreal.

Alan Wake is well worth a play through too, its a spooky Survival Horror game also with a great characters and story and cool mechanics.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control - 7.5/10 (PS5)

Pretty much what Chris-red says, great visuals and actually good gameplay and combat system. The story is good, not excellent, but good enough for me to listen to the dialogues. I tried this game back when it was realeased on PC, didn't enjoy it much. Got back to it on the PS5, since it was ''for free'' and I just wanted to see the great ray tracing in action.

Long story short, the ray tracing in this game is not worth the frame rate penalty on the PS5 (RT = 30 fps). This game has excellent screen space reflections and cube maps. The quality of the ''fake'' reflections in this game is beyond what other game devs use. Sure, the RT gives you acurate reflections (floor, glass windows, metal pipes, puddles), but at much lower resolution than the ssr and cube maps, and the calculation is not instant (you have to stop and wait quite a few miliseconds to ''enjoy'' it). Also, the game doesn't run well at 30 fps. I played a lot of games at 30 fps on the PS4 and I can tell, the Control just doesn't work well at 30 fps. Oddly laggy, not responsive, and motion blur so crap it makes the game unplayable at 30 fps. You can turn the motion blur off, but that makes things even worse.

So, I play it on 60 fps with no RT on the PS5. The ''wow effect'' of the ray tracing just isn't strong enough to sacrifice the frame rate and playability in this game. IF you want to see what RT can look like on the PS5, check the Spiderman games, now that's how it's done.

By the way, this game reminds me a lot of the Quantum break (also from Remedy), excelent game.

EDIT: Spiderman PS4 Pro vs PS5 (RT), by digital foundry: https://youtu.be/o2HrOxwH0_Q

EDIT II: Just finished the game - 9/10 The level design is amazing once you get to move around a bit and gain new powers. Some of the levels in the main story line were just fenomenal. The enemies also get cleverer and challenging as you keep playing. The difficulty of platforming and puzzels is just about right to get me some challenge without getting stuck all the time. I also managed to finish the The foundation DLC, which nicely follows up on the main story. The main story ends, credits, and right after that you start playing the DLC without even knowing it. At first I thought this was just a post credits gameplay to explain the ending. The Remedy studio does make great games.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 23:20 - 20 Mar 2021; edited 2 times in total

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 20 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old Windows laptop just came out of retirement, and a game I'd forgotten was on the desktop.

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/airfix-dogfighter-cjz

https://tagz.eu/download/games/screens/airfix-dogfighter/6.png
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 20 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PS+ subscription has expired, Sony won't be getting getting any more money from me until I get my hands on a PS5.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:35 - 20 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
My old Windows laptop just came out of retirement, and a game I'd forgotten was on the desktop.

I have a physical copy of that! Smile

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 23 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed Control and play for a short time based on above comments. Kinda reminded me a wee bit of HL the first time i played it as a kid was a bit dark and not sure what was going on at the start.

Its strange game but liking it so far on the PC.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought UBOAT 50% off on Steam last week.

Second world war sub-sim based on Type VIIC's. Wasn't expecting much, but I'm about 65 hours in and can't seem to stop playing it. Something so satisfying about stealthily wiping out entire convoys.

It's early access so there's been some weirdness, but runs perfectly well on my system (R5 3600, 2070 SUPER) averaging around 70-80fps at Extreme settings.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just playing some of my old games from when I got my first computer when I was around 12 years old:

Age of Empires II,
Birth of the Federation,
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II,
SWAT 3.

Loving the nostalgia.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

One of my favourite games, I used to love playing the tower defence customer maps. I'm still mad they shut down the servers. Last time I tried a few years ago there was a few ways to plan online though.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

One of my favourite games, I used to love playing the tower defence customer maps. I'm still mad they shut down the servers. Last time I tried a few years ago there was a few ways to plan online though.

Right now I am just having fun in skirmishes. I also wanted to play Freelancer again but that game is completely fucking dead Crying or Very sad

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 07 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Gosh I'd have loved that when that came out..

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:23 - 08 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
My PS+ subscription has expired, Sony won't be getting getting any more money from me until I get my hands on a PS5.

Whistle I've just bought the Spider Man Miles Morales game. Literally am installing the game as we speak.
Was playing Oddworld Soulstorm earlier while I was setting up the PS5 and copying game data over.
Looks like it's time to get my original launch edition PS3 un-YLODed so that I have all 5 PS variants
available using just the two machines.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 45 of 64