Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Exceptionally hot' 2020 concludes warmest decade.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 03 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
I think turning up the global thermostat another 5 degrees would be quite nice, it would make the riding season longer.

Ah so, excuse please, what you mean is "riding season"?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When there is snow or ice, no riding season.
When it's so cold I can't be arsed, no riding season.
Otherwise, good to go.

Honestly, even if it's a bit wet I don't bother these days. I've become what I used to loathe.

If I start looking at Harleys, please please, don't hesitate, don't waver, it's what I would have wanted. I'd do the same for you.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Anyway, Elon Musk's got this Laughing

Papa Elon's looking after my share portfolio, more than half my portfolio value is in TSLA stock. Mark my words: they will be the biggest company in the entire world by market capitalisation in less than 5 years.

Right now I am hoping that the big squeeze on GME happens. I took a speculative punt and bought the dip. Then again the sums of money we are talking about are low, I guess I am in it for the memes more than anything. I am pretty sure it was orchestrated by some younger finance-bros to make a quick buck on the initial wave though.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that West Cumbria Mining's plans for a new deep (coal) mine at Whitehaven may be approved, but that is causing a stink.

That brings about a dilemma. The intent is to provide coking coal for steel production. There is currently no really viable alternative.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: 2021 noch heißer Reply with quote

bikergirl100 wrote:
German gibberish...

I mean, why? How? What? Confused

The bots are getting more and more mental every day.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Also, and I'm just wondering, are wind turbines actually beneficial to the go green effort? What if a field full of wind turbines actually slows down the natural wind flow of that area, making things worse? Thinking

The wind turbines make the wind, didn't you know that? Haven't you noticed how windy it gets when they turn them on full blast? A big waste of electricity, so definitely not green, especially when you also consider the damage glass fibre and carbon fibre mining does to the planet.

But still, nothing is for free these days. Slowing down the wind/air flow in one area sure has got to affect the areas down the flow. It's quite like building a dam. Thinking

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1976, we ran out of water, or at least I think it was then, couldn't bother with Google and I was only 9yrs old. Blue Peter said you had to bath with your Mum or have a shower with your sister or something like that. It was hot though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
...you had to bath with your Mum or have a shower with your sister or something like that. It was hot though.

*banjo starts to play Laughing

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

But still, nothing is for free these days. Slowing down the wind/air flow in one area sure has got to affect the areas down the flow. It's quite like building a dam. Thinking

Yes it does, it's called wind shadow.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 04 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally figured out the push for renewables: cull the population. Fair enough the handful of people who've died of radiation poisoning from exploding reactors - that's not a pleasant way to go - but renewable energy kills many, many more... mainly in construction accidents Rolling Eyes

Nuclear is bad because... reasons. While we're waiting for (murderous) renewables to catch up we'll just have to live* with coal fired power stations that kill more people than a Communist's wet dream.

*See what I did there

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 08 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, duh.

Who do you think came up with recycling plastics? The manufacturers of plastics, to show people plastic is a recyclable and sustainable material. Does it make finacial and logistical sense to recycle plastics? No, it does not. Does it make sense to put all the plastic waste on a big ship and transport it to China? Well, for many years this used to be the '' green '' way to go, but China said no more, recently. Now what? : think:

Oil is cheap, for instance food grade plastic requires a very clean product, that is not easily achievable from recycled materials. Recycling plastics is also very energy demanding.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 08 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been snowing here today. Relax. It was all a false alarm Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 08 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Hey, let the first post be your guide, all events can be woven into the tale.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:47 - 09 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very good at aligning with narratives Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 09 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Did any children know what it was? Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 15 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bill Gates has been using his wealth for good in terms of global health but when it comes to climate change and the unrealistic expectation that we all change the way we live he’s just come up woefully inadequate and, sad to say, hypocritical.
Quote:
He uses private jets, but insists that they are powered by biofuels - aviation fuels made from plant products.
"I pay three times as much now for my aviation fuel, you know, over $7m [£5m] a year in all my offset spending."
And he has joined a £3bn bidding war to buy one of the world's largest private jet services companies, a business called Signature Aviation.
Is that appropriate when you've just written a book telling the world how to avoid a climate disaster?
"I don't think getting rid of flying would make sense," he replies. "That type of brute force technique won't get us there."
He says the answer has to be "a type of aviation fuel that doesn't cost much extra and is zero emission and that's got to be biofuels or electric fuels or perhaps using green hydrogen to power the plane".

Why is he using private jets when there are scheduled flights available? Does separating oneself from the great unwashed justify the disproportionate use of resources?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56042029[/quote]

What’s interesting is that he, like other preachers, thinks this is rational. It’s all someone else’s fault.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2