Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 26 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, really very sorry to hear that, OGR. Sad
*hugs*

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 26 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that OGR.

It's been a year to forget in so many ways.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 27 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
I thank you all for your participation thus far, well almost all of ya'.

Now stop thinking about £monetary loss & try to imagine the various other types of loss.

How many of us will enjoy a broad selection of local restaurants to eat in when all this nonsense is done with?

How far will you have to walk to once again 'pop down t'pub' ?

Assuming they won't be joining our civil service, where are your kids gonna be working when skool kicks 'em out?

Only time in Pub is for the odd meal. So no loss there. even though they are in walking distance, Mrs can't walk that far so its a car job.

Missing my trip for a coffee (hate takeaways). So bought a bean to cup machine so I can enjoy the same at home and save even more money Smile

Kids already working & earning more than me....
In time jobs will come back.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 27 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lot of time! A fair bit (but a manageable sum) of money too. It's the time I'm most upset about.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 27 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but it might have been time you needed, at the time, erm, so to speak Wink

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 28 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've been incredibly lucky. For my day job I work from home. Family have been untouched by covid, so far...
Volunteering has massively changed. I never thought I'd be working in an exhibition hall, looking after the sick. Nor did I think I'd be working in my local ED's resus department wrestling with "excitable" patients.

I know of colleagues who've had covid, and who've lost loved ones due to it. They are heartbroken. It's funny how those unaffected by it are the ones who are adamant it doesn't exist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 30 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.

Shitty covid is really shitty.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 31 Dec 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

About £5k
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:00 - 03 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far for me about £16,0000 in lost earnings. It has cost my OH a couple of thousand in lost wages and an aunt. Crying or Very sad
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 14 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britabroad wrote:
It has cost me nothing other than pure "me" things like the ability to travel freely country to country, which as a selfish way to look at things but "do l care?"
As l now live in the USA & have citizenship they felt the need to send me 2 stimulus cheques (or checks in the USA) for $1200 & $600 so that money has been spent as selfishly as possible on new grippy tyres for my truck, & several jobs & parts for my Corvette.
The rest l have dedicated to a "GoFundMyDrinkingHabits" that l set up for myself in the most selfish manner l could just because " l can!"

Please feel free to lambast & berate me at your leisure!

Cool.
Just to let you know, the relevant US authorities have been informed. 👍

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 14 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasting stimulus checks on hedonistic fancy sounds perfectly fine to me.

It's money circulating back into the economy, from the government. Only ever a good thing.
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 15 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britabroad wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
Blasting stimulus checks on hedonistic fancy sounds perfectly fine to me.

It's money circulating back into the economy, from the government. Only ever a good thing.

Thank you sir for your positive reply, some people maybe didn't "get" the humerous content, but as l don't give a flying ferret, l shall continue with my quest for the best brandy & port at my local "Offy"!!! Laughing

Your wit must be too dry for some folk.
Either that or you only like your own hoomer.
🙄

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 17 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britabroad wrote:
MCN wrote:

Your wit must be too dry for some folk.
Either that or you only like your own hoomer.
🙄

If wit was shit you'd be constipated!

Response from one who "Doesn't care a flying ferret."

Aw aye. 🙄

Time will tell.

We've found your Hair Trigger.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the courier world I had my doubts but after a year I've made good money, even better than the previous year. Courier services are in demand, the work is not quite the same as before, more house to house deliveries.

I'm doing a lot more mileage now, so much that I had to alter my insurance to include extra miles, this also means more wear and tear on the bikes.

Fuel wise, the prices are low but are creeping up again.

I've worked all through the pandemic, I did have some extra time off.

All I want now is my first Covid Jab but I'm only 54 so I will have to wait a while longer.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:26 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'd pay £4.50 to sit with the lads from work and have a chat.

Agreed but during last summers lockdown there were a lot of new converts to the concept that a pretty park/beach/rover/forest, of which there are shitloads, on even a modestly warm day is more appealing when you can buy 3 bottles of ice cold tyskie from the tesco round the corner and have a longer, cheaper chat with your mates in more pleaseant surroundings. I really think as alluded its going to hurt people so much paying what a pub has to charge, many will be struggling to bring people back in

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:34 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im doing alright financially, in fact its worked out well for me
Cant work from home but having all the overtime i want thrown at me, and having separated from the former Mrs Taffy we clawed back on the stamp duty. I needed a car and managed to haggle quite well for a nice motor not moving from the forecourt since the work from home bridge have cut demand.

Lost a couple of good friends unexpectedly, and am fed up of the work/home/routine and cant wait to see some of my family again, but in terms of cash i cant complain. In fact coupled with not subbing her lifestyle any more ive not had it better for about 15 years
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3