Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:05 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

I would therefore suggest any people of colour to refrain from visiting the shithole until they are female and 30.

If they self identify as a womxn will that make things better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
If they self identify as a womxn will that make things better

That term is... problematic. It's been replaced with "people of gender" Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that a Finn saying 'Hello, we don't see many Africans around here' would be logged as just as racist as 'why don't you fuck off back to where you come from'

It's amazing what you can class as racism when it suits your agenda.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 22 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has the air of "when did you stop beating your wife?" about it Thinking

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I suspect that a Finn saying 'Hello, we don't see many Africans around here' would be logged as just as racist as 'why don't you fuck off back to where you come from'

"We dont see many of your type"

That seems racist, but is it?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:17 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I just looked back a couple of pages and I seem to have a repeating post. Some glitch in the matrix, I didn't copy and paste it again and again!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:39 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a degree of lost in translation too. By most standards, the Finnish language is somewhat odd.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Fine line between 'your type' and 'you people'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we saying only specific -isms are bad or are we going to take it to the logical conclusion that "othering" is bad? The problem with the latter option is the old "it's okay when we do it" Thinking
Britabroad This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go my H...N....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evu2y6fUOQ4

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-CD4yT5bE

Diane Abbott race grifting again on the subject of Covid19 and BAME communities; gets smacked down like it ain't no ting by the wonderful Kemi Wub who points out how structural anti-semitism (which exists plenty in the Labour Party anyway Laughing ) hasn't been a factor behind the higher infection rates in Orthodox Jewish communities.

Warning - in case you haven't worked it out - this contains Diane Abbott. I am not to be held liable for any damage to your eyes or your screens.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsmO2AYzbE&t=159s

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched teh start of a premier league football match - first time in ages - the players wer shown 'taking the knee'. It appeared routine and meaningless..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder what will happen when crowds return. Will it be applauded. Will it be ignored or will it be get the bird.

Being linked wit BLM is not going to endear it to a large proportion of supporters.

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:09 - 07 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I do wonder what will happen when crowds return. Will it be applauded. Will it be ignored or will it be get the bird.

Being linked wit BLM is not going to endear it to a large proportion of supporters.

it will soon stop with the return to reality!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merriam Webster dictionary definition of Racism updated:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52993306

On the say-so of a 22 year old black girl that thinks she's going to get killed by the system - so all very rational.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Quote:
2a: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another
specifically : WHITE SUPREMACY sense 2
institutional racism
One of the many ruses racism achieves is the virtual erasure of historical contributions by people of color.
— Angela Y. Davis

Discriminatory housing practices, redlining neighborhoods, underfunded education, lack of access to healthcare, racial profiling, police brutality and mass incarceration are just a few examples of cage wires that all together contribute to structural racism.
— Sylvia Luetmer
Our nation faces a fork in the road and a decision to either continue down the same path of systemic racism or to confront our past honestly.
— Bree Newsome
"People of color, low-income people, and Indigenous peoples have been made especially vulnerable through decades of environmental racism: policies that intentionally concentrate pollution and toxic hazards in our communities."
— Michele Roberts

Highlighted part in bold as my emphasis. Specifically - white supremacy Laughing

And would this be the Angela Davis the anti-semite? Laughing

Also for emphasis:
the systemic oppression of a racial group.

If systemic, then this must surely come from those that are in control of the system - that is to say, that in USA/UK at least, it can only be said that white people can be racist because the minorities do not have any systemic control?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the time all the white folks on the plantation down tools and lynch their black masters Rolling Eyes

Never confuse anti-racism with not being racist.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55219529

Oh dear god. It seems peak stupidity has arrived.

I've seen a few video commentators on it now and it seems a misunderstanding.

4th official was asked 'who was it' and he said 'the black guy' - Demba Ba (a black guy....can I still say that?) then screams at the official saying 'why did you have to say the black guy' Doh!

If that plays out the way it seems then how embarrassing for all concerned.

And it played out the way it seems and it's embarrassing for all concerned. Including, now, UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body which looks to have shot itself in the foot for the sake of 'taking some action' for 'action's sake', because we can't just say hey misunderstanding and let's all just let it slide, can we?

https://talksport.com/football/845906/uefa-sebastian-coltescu-psg-istanbul-basaksehir-racism/

The run-down for those that don't want to read:

Arrow Neither official were found to be in breach of racism regulations.
Arrow Both were found guilty of the very wooly and extraordinarily vague / catch all articles in relation to 'the obligation to behave in an appropriate manner'.
Arrow One of them has to go on an 'Educational Programme' - almost certainly a race baiting Critical Race Theory laden reprogramming.

So what do then, he's not a racist but he isn't in keeping with Newspeak.

Quote:
“The CEDB also agreed with the EDI that UEFA officials should be adequately and specifically trained to make better decisions on the choice of language and words to be used in UEFA competitions.

“In the international context, correct use of language is essential to avoid situations such as those that occurred in the above-mentioned match.”

Correct use of language. A Romanian guy, refereeing a game in France, against a team containing stars of multiple nationalities and a Turkish side that probably have a fair few different languages going for them too. Yeah, good luck with that. He'll keep schtum next time for sure Rolling Eyes

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 is starting again soon and the Silver Arrow is still Black. Sir Black Person still hasn't got any Bame or BLM guys in his pit crew. Is it because some types are good at taking wheels off, but aren't very good at putting them back on because they are on ebay within the 2.4 seconds? ( probably why you don't see Scouse pit crews)

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:25 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
( probably why you don't see Scouse pit crews)

You don't see them because the catalytic converter's already been weighed in and they're trying to swap the radio for a bag of weed in a pub carpark before the other teams have the wheel nuts off....

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Correct use of language. A Romanian guy, refereeing a game in France, against a team containing stars of multiple nationalities and a Turkish side that probably have a fair few different languages going for them too. Yeah, good luck with that. He'll keep schtum next time for sure Rolling Eyes

This really bothers me.
I am all good about not using racist language and people know not to be racist around me. It's something I feel strongly about, having very close mixed race family and have dated women from of many races.

Anyhow back to the problem.
The official is Romanian and used the word 'Negru', which just means the colour 'Black' in Romanian. He merely pointed out the Black guy amongst some White guys for clarity. The Black player didn't realise the word was a direct translation of 'Black' and thought he heard something else and complained.
I can see how. He can be excused for that.

The word Black being used to describe anyone that is Black, isn't considered by my Black friends that I know as a negative, they consider themselves Black and are fine with the term, so we shouldn't at all consider his words as racist. There was no reason, especially when there is no intent.

Intent is everything when it comes to racism, so when you automatically decide that using the word 'Negru' as a Romanium is bad, you are deciding that people are offended by the officials actions, which was to say the word 'Black' to describe a Black man.
There was no intent to be racist, there was no intent to offend, but it is decided the official is to receive a seasons ban for using the word 'Black'.

This is a dark day for football, a dark day indeed. A prime example of pandering to the stupidity of the cancel culture and it will only get worse. This needs to stop before the word 'Black' is outlawed and as such the colour itself and its use. I am not sure how that will work, but I am pretty sure people are working on it. I read about people saying 'Black Friday' is racist. It's only a matter of time before the word and its use will be debated at higher levels. This is the insanity that is in our not too distant future, all because people really want to fight for a society where nobody gets to feel bad about themselves, for any reason whatsoever.

I am all for equality, but not at the cost of sanity.
In order to think progressively, you have to chance that you might offend. That's just life and the way it should be. Feelings shouldn't trump facts. If someone is offended by the word 'Black' used as a colour or to describe someone that is Black, then they are wrong to be offended. It's that simple, but sadly it's not.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Intent is everything when it comes to racism...

Intent and context - both are stripped when it suits the political agenda.

https://i.imgflip.com/517o5k.jpg

All the while this tactic continues to cough out out money and influence nothing will change. What needs to happen is for the Romanian official to line up all the press and media ostensibly to do the whole Woke walk of contrition and go "fuck UEFA and the horse they rode in on and you can poke your job, I'll do something else" but the reality is not everyone has either the financial independence or mental fortitude to say "no, I will not bend the knee!"

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 06:17 - 11 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
I read about people saying 'Black Friday' is racist.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZYeqcX6PhNE/maxresdefault.jpg

fite

Quote:
If someone is offended by the word 'Black' used as a colour or to describe someone that is Black, then they are wrong to be offended.

Remember the Purple Aki documentary? Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0472z6v
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 115 of 184