Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Keeway 125 light or lexmoto michigan

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

mackay81
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:47 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Keeway 125 light or lexmoto michigan Reply with quote

Hi all
i am new and i am looking at getting my 1st bike . i just looking for advice on lexmoto michigan and the keeway 125 superlight . i have heard somethings but though i would post here to see if people can help me Very Happy

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an expert, I am a new rider myself. I would go for the Lexmoto simply because from what I've seen on different forums and chat groups they have the bigger dealer network and easier to deal with on warranty repairs than Keeway.

I'm not speaking from direct experience though, simply anecdotal evidence from what I gathered elsewhere.

On here nobody will recommend a Chinese bike, you're about to get told by a wave of people on here to not bother and just get an old Jap bike. To be honest they are probably right. Chinese bikes are shite. Cheap, but shite. Still love mine though but I am a glutton for punishment Embarassed

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:43 - 23 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say if you're sitting on the doorstep of a reasonable dealer, that helps... goes for any brand of bike from new, TBF.

If you look at it as £2500 new Chinese bike you'd be lucky to sell in a year's time for £1250 that's a shocking percentage drop in value. However any other brand will at least drop a bag so in absolute money terms not much different. The absolute worst thing to do would be get a Chinese bike on an extortionate credit rate from a useless dealer miles away so... errr... don't do that Wink

Getting one second hand, expecting bits to fall off at random and being happy to fix things yourself would be fine Smile

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:20 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what ive seen, you wont lose as much selling it on if you get the likes of a Yamaha or Honda etc

what is your budget, are you doing your full licence etc

AndyV
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:19 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Lexmoto XTRS as a first bike, it was my first bike so I loved the shitbox but there are some downfalls with Lexmoto! From my personal experience if you're prepared to do a lot of work on the bike to keep it running as it should they are ok, parts are cheap (you will be ordering a lot of them pretty frequently) and easy to come by (CMPO).

But if you have more patience than me then in all honesty, save your cash for a little bit longer and go for a jap bike, the difference really is night and day! I couldn't believe the difference in literally everything from build quality, reliability and the overall more fun you have riding!

When you come to sell the bike you won't get nearly as much as you paid for it, no matter the condition as I found out first hand which is like a kick in the nuts after all the hard work you put in working on the bike and not to mention how much you have spent on parts for the thing, seems to me like CMPO are the big winners out of people buying Lexmoto bikes!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1