BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BSB 2021

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: BSB 2021 Reply with quote

Anybody hoping to get to any of the races this season? Call me foolish, but I've already booked tickets for Oulton at the end of May and am crossing my fingers & toes that spectators will be allowed in. And just for the record, I'm gonna be following Peter Hickman this season on the BMW with the new FHO Racing Team. Bit of an outsider, but the new team has got me excited!!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism! Hope you get in, will be a mega day!!

Hickman, fast and has experience. Wouldn't be a bad idea to bet on experience this year. Brookes, Bridewell, Iddon, O'Halloran, Buchan

The younger guys, Irwin, Mackenzie, Stacey, Ryde and Ray

But outside bet. Rory Skinner. Too young/early maybe, but he's got skills, experience (relatively) of the circuits and of winning.

Be mad to bet against Brookes.....but I'll go Skinner Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible I'll go to one of the Oulton races most likely the one near the backend of the season.

Great racing there and some decent vantage spots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SW Motech Shop UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:21 - 05 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping for Brands Hatch later in the year. Fingers crossed it happens.

Norts1531
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 19 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they pushed the date back a month, but who cares??? My Son and me going from Fri to Sun. Finally a bit of racing to go and actually watch! Counting the days is an understatement!!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 2 was good 'un.

Battle of the nice guys...Spoiler the nice guy won.

Brad Ray is wicked to watch, does almost everything opposite to what usually make you faster and still cuts through the pack to get a good finish.

Decent mix of manufacturers throughout although BMW do have the largest share.

Hicky...My Rider of Race 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:24 - 28 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve bought tickets for Knockhill for my lads birthday.
Waiting on an email to find out if I’m one the the 1000 that Krankie has now restricted them to.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:28 - 28 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve bought tickets for Knockhill for my lads birthday.
Waiting on an email to find out if I’m one the the 1000 that Krankie has now restricted them to.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't make Oulton

Just caught up with the last couple of rounds and been watching the first race from Donnington. Shocked

Rule of thumb is 10% slower in the wet....they were over 20% slower.
A crashfest.

I don't like this showdown business.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

6pm tonight on QuestTV

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 06 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor McK's quit, apparently. That's a shame because he was a good lad, I thought. Intelligent, seemingly always good-humoured, and easily capable of turning in fast laps everywhere. Not sure what's been going on backstage though.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:40 - 08 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Taylor McK's quit, apparently. That's a shame because he was a good lad, I thought. Intelligent, seemingly always good-humoured, and easily capable of turning in fast laps everywhere. Not sure what's been going on backstage though.

You aren't confusing Taylor with Tarran are you

Taylor has never made it in Superbikes, he had one good season in Superstock (which he won), after years of middle table Supersport seasons, then failed to delivery in the next 2 years of Superbikes, then dropped back into Superstock this year

Perhaps he's realised he isn't quite as talented as his younger brother

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 08 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

You aren't confusing Taylor with Tarran are you

Taylor has never made it in Superbikes, he had one good season in Superstock (which he won), after years of middle table Supersport seasons, then failed to delivery in the next 2 years of Superbikes, then dropped back into Superstock this year

Perhaps he's realised he isn't quite as talented as his younger brother

I was just mentioning it at random tbh. As for that last comment, it's a bit pointed but I suppose that doesn't mean it's not true. Btw, some of Tarran's crashes have been, erm, quite crashy recently. It was weird - he seemed to have a broken wrist the other week and was crashing again the next. Mad lad. Maybe Taylor just wants to not do that. Wink

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 08 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just mentioning it at random tbh. As for that last comment, it's a bit pointed but I suppose that doesn't mean it's not true. Btw, some of Tarran's crashes have been, erm, quite crashy recently. It was weird - he seemed to have a broken wrist the other week and was crashing again the next. Mad lad. Maybe Taylor just wants to not do that. Wink

He certainly does seem to made of rubber that kid though, he's had a few pretty nasty crashes over the last few years, but somehow seems to bounce back stronger than before

Didn't he even lose his bike in the trees a couple of years back when it bounced over the barrier, was at Brands Hatch i think

Oh yeah, here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mE4KoHEWAQ

I do hope he finishes this season off well and takes the title, i do like him, and like his brother, always has a smile on his face and rarley has a bad word to say against his fellow riders, unlike a few other in the paddock

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 08 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah i remember that one

but yeah they're both good lads, esp. Taylor.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1