Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2nd/3rd April: Lydden Pit Crew Bemsee rounds3/4

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
 View related event: Bemsee Lydden Race Weekend (2 Apr to 3 Apr) View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:39 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: 2nd/3rd April: Lydden Pit Crew [WANTED] Bemsee rounds3/4 Reply with quote

My second Race weekend, hoping to do a bit better this time, though I'm sure everyone else will be thinking the same thing as well; so hoping to do better in relation to myself, rather than the other people. Of course getting past other people wouldn't hurt either Smile.

Doubt I'm going to be able to get extra people in for free this time either; I reckon that will only work if we are at the practice, the day before. Ie if people came in early Friday or maybe even late Thrusday.

No practice the day before for Lydden, so doubt we can do owt (short of hiding people in the van when we drive through the gates Smile ). Seemed to work saying that you were only there for one day though.
Still, I reckon the £12 a day is pretty good value anyway .

So; I'm looking for two 'pit crew'.
These people need to be able to take instruction, so if they don't beyond know the basics of spannering it's not a problem.
They will have to be at our area for the start and end of each race. Lydden is very good for spectating, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue in this case. Wouldn't mind someone doing some 'chronicle' style picture taking of our area, the general race village etc; for race reports after etc. I can provide the camera.
Typical mechanicy-things I expect pit crew to do:
Swap wheels
Refuel
Put on and take off tyre warmers
Start Generator and keep it fueled
Help with unpacking and packing stuff.
Check tyre pressures
Inflate/deflate tyres to correct pressure (I have an electric tyre inflator thingy for the lazy )

The two 'chosen' will get free tickets and a free t-shirt at some point. If more than two offer help, I'll use some sort of random method to decide, or something .
Ideally I'd like them to be there for early Saturday morning; so that if there's a problem with scrutineering I can get it sorted soonish. That would probably mean staying there friday night.

Any volunteers for the pit crew?
An idea of numbers before hand for general spectating would be good as well.

I'm hoping to get there as early as possible on Friday, so I can get a decent space. I will be sleeping in the van.
I will not be organising a caravan this time. However if someone else wants to organise a caravan, I can most probably tow it there and back, give me a shout if you do.
Hopefully the weather should be a bit more 'tent' weather this time however.
I may be able to provide oil filled radiators to warm up tents, though it can't be on during the night, but will retain heat for a while. Can also take extra mattresses/bedding etc in the van if needed.

For those that don't know:
Lydden hill is a short circuit (one mile long) in deepest darkest Kent.
It offers great spectating as nintey five percent of the circuit can be viewed at once if viewed from the top of the hill.

Despite it's short nature, it still manages to fit in a very fast corner, a tight hairpin and 'Padock Hill Bend'; A medium speed corner mounted on an uphill section with a blind apex and exit.

Those that were there last time or who read the last post will know that there is full open pit access to the public at bemsee events, letting you get a really good 'feel' for the racing.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:31 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Afraid that is a bit too far for us to come.

Good luck

All the best

Keith

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 01:34 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have liked to come along on the Saturday but currently lacking any suitable transport Doh!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:05 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can sort out getting there then I am planning on coming either watching or I could pit crew if needed but I expect there are others who'd be better.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:08 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming down Friday afternoon (skivage Cool ) and will happily do as I'm told. Smile

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the weekend free just for you mate,
I'l be taking photo's all day long but if you need me for anything just ask.

I'l ensure I take some 'chronicle' pics (I think I'm fine with my own cameras though Wink) . I wanna get some waiting on the grid pics for your races.hopefully not too many popping wheelies at the start again.

If you need help with any stuff on Fri e.g. setting up the Gazebo (and keeping it up!!) I can get there anytime from about 8pm.

Anyone to drive a video camera though? If my memory serves me right should be able to video most of it from on corner.

Swaffs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 14:30 - 28 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully have 2 cameras and maybe one on the bike. I was down on Friday scoping for video angles.

But since I'll have my bike and Lydden's small it's easy to get from pit to track and track to pit in the time it'll take G to get there/back.

BTW swaffs, you might want to take a stepladder or something to climb on - you can get very near the track but there are a couple of annoying fences that a bit of height over may help for piccies.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:19 - 30 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay folks, I've got three cameras and tripods so I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to help me shoot an uber vid. Thumbs Up

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 30 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You doing any tracks that aren't bloody miles from here (e.g. Silverstone, Castle Combe, Thruxton)? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:55 - 30 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

Closest for you is probably Brands or Snetterton.

Worth a trip to watch the power bike grid starts Smile.

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 31 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

BTW swaffs, you might want to take a stepladder or something to climb on - you can get very near the track but there are a couple of annoying fences that a bit of height over may help for piccies.

hmmm, need a soap box Laughing

I've got one of those little thre step ladder things, down in Cornwall but I wont be able to get it here in time.

Anyone able to bring anything like that?

might have to pop down the the local hardware shop this lunchtime.

Swaffs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 22:05 - 01 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the race weekend Thumbs Up

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 05 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:02 - 05 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report is coming Smile.

As a teaser;
I got some points, which was my ambition, but still felt I could have done better.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 01:57 - 05 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

I got some points

Damn unlucky, On the way to the track or on the way home?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1