Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pushing motorcycle on pavement

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Pushing motorcycle on pavement Reply with quote

I was right behind this guy until right at the end when he pulled the race card with "racist little pricks".

Also can't stand the use of the word "arks". Go back to school. Retards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVCQNoYBms

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attitude of the guy, no wonder the police have issues, talking over the police woman giving it large. He should have rode his bike around the issue and not tried to pull a fast one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I think initially he was quite subdued and polite. It's not until she basically called him a liar he started getting agitated. Yeah he should have circumvented the road closure but for such a short distance it's tempting to pull a fast one and push it through (I have done so myself on a number of occasions) but especially the fact he even asked the male police if it would be ok and he said yes. My main issue was with the "racist pricks" comment.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

F18
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:26 - 16 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for 'em.

Any fool knows pushing is the same as riding in law (can't push a motor vehicle against a one-way) - yes, parking is an exception but as we see, he wasn't just parking over there as he implied to the busies.

All that confrontation and pushing the bike (albeit a 125) for 150 yards to save a ride around up to welly arch (which would have been open).

I was let down - I thought he was going to get pinged on the other side !

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen the Biker.
Road Blocks? Inconvenient but just ride around.
Plan your route.
If you canny too the maths get a bus.

Should have been pinned to the ground and removed using anti-terrorism act laws. Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

F18 wrote:

Any fool knows pushing is the same as riding in law

Disagree I'm afraid. What you're suggesting isn't at all supported by case law.

Selby v Director of Public Prosecutions 1994. The key part being:
Quote:
"riding is being carried out if a person is being carried on a motor cycle as it moves on its wheels, whether propelled by the engine, by his feet or by gravity."

Ergo, you are neither riding or driving a motor vehicle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to question why the police thought this was an issue worthy of their time and intervention in the first place.

Who the fuck honestly cares if someone pushes a motorbike down a pavement?

F18
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:25 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
F18 wrote:

Any fool knows pushing is the same as riding in law

Disagree I'm afraid. What you're suggesting isn't at all supported by case law.

Selby v Director of Public Prosecutions 1994. The key part being:
Quote:
"riding is being carried out if a person is being carried on a motor cycle as it moves on its wheels, whether propelled by the engine, by his feet or by gravity."

Ergo, you are neither riding or driving a motor vehicle.

Well I have no case law for it so must bow to your greater knowledge.
I do know of successful prosecutions/penalties for pushing a bike against a one-way and also for pushing through a 'no vehicles' (might have been 'playstreet' but same thing here).
It isn't something I'd do and expect 'not riding' to work as a defence (of course, I'd give it try though!).
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

And as has been mentioned before, add a pizza box and it's perfectly acceptable to ride along a pavement at full pelt. In the City I've seen delivery guys go up a marked cycle lane, across a pavement - almost taking out some pedestrians - and right up to the front door. No fucks were given.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 17 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to question why the police thought this was an issue worthy of their time and intervention in the first place.

Ccoz the law is there to protect pedestrians.
The roads are there to provide routes for motor vehicles.

What part of the equation are you struggling with? Very Happy

I think parts of the pavement in the video are narrow and with the railings the bike and rider present a broad encumberance to pedestrians.
If I had to slow down to let some prick with a motorbike pass me on a constricted pavement (when I'm just trying to get to wherever I'm going) I'd be pissed.
It's the 21st century not medieval London.
Get a recovery contract and maintain your vehicle properly.
Harsh but fair for pedestrians. We were here first.. And some of us on horseback too. Very Happy

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Harsh but fair for pedestrians. We were here first.. And some of us on horseback too. Very Happy

Very valid points Thumbs Up .
Maybe ALL roads users need to consider those points every now & then.

That said horse riders, pedestrians, cyclists, can be real bell-ends at times.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
MCN wrote:

Very valid points Thumbs Up .
Maybe ALL roads users need to consider those points every now & then.

That said horse riders, pedestrians, cyclists, can be real bell-ends at times.

So can vehicle users...

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I think parts of the pavement in the video are narrow and with the railings the bike and rider present a broad encumberance to pedestrians.
If I had to slow down to let some prick with a motorbike pass me on a constricted pavement (when I'm just trying to get to wherever I'm going) I'd be pissed.

Personally I think it's a load of bollocks. What's the difference in encumbrance between a guy wheeling a motorbike down a path and someone pushing a trolley, buggy, double-wide pram, etc? One has an engine and the rest don't? The other uses of the path have any more validity than the other?

My opinion only, but in my eyes the purpose and function of the path is the expedited conveyance of people and materiel (regardless of what constitutes that materiel, so long as it is physically possible to convey it) between two points. Obviously it is not a road for the powered conveyance of people and materiel, but pushing something across it is fair game to me.

Using your example where you would be upset at someone doing this if you were heading down the path: I wouldn't. I have no God-given right of use of the path over-and-above the other person. Equally: they have no God-given right of its' use either. We would simply compromise where one would move and let the other pass as it is no great inconvenience in the totality of the day.

Last edited by Fat Angry Scotsman on 11:31 - 18 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the argument is that if they let one do it you wouldn't be able to move for people pushing their cars and bikes on the pavement, that seems entirely plausible.
Realistically it would be no big deal if he wasn't outside Buckingham Place with swarms of Police everywhere which was *pushing it* a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Personally I think it's a load of bollocks. What's the difference in encumbrance between a guy wheeling a motorbike down a path and someone pushing a trolley, buggy, double-wide pram, etc? One has an engine and the rest don't? The other uses of the path have any more validity than the other?

My opinion only, but in my eyes the purpose and function of the path is the expedited conveyance of people and materiel (regardless of what constitutes that materiel, so long as it is physically possible to convey it) between two points. Obviously it is not a road for the powered conveyance of people and materiel, but pushing something across it is fair game to me.

Using your example where you would be upset at someone doing this if you were heading down the path: I wouldn't. I have no God-given right of use of the path over-and-above the other person. Equally: they have no God-given right of its' use either. We would simply compromise where one would move and let the other pass as it is no great inconvenience in the totality of the day.

Well we can't exist on laws of our own opinions.

Societies exist and thrive when shared responsibilities and common understanding persists.

The law regarding vehicles on pavements is not obscure, ambiguous or un-fair in any respect.

In my opinion I should be allowed to roam around on motorways, railway tracks and airport runways. Very Happy

It may appear an entrenched inconvenience to force vehicles to stay on the road but it has also become the norm to inconvenience pedestrians who wish to cross a road via an underpass (urban lavatory) or worse, a fcuking overpass. Arsewholes who put those in place deserve a paddling.

(From one who's pushed a motorbike or three along a pavement. In mitigation, I was able to put it on the road when pedestrians were around.)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Well we can't exist on laws of our own opinions.

Societies exist and thrive when shared responsibilities and common understanding persists.

The law regarding vehicles on pavements is not obscure, ambiguous or un-fair in any respect.

In my opinion I should be allowed to roam around on motorways, railway tracks and airport runways. Very Happy

It may appear an entrenched inconvenience to force vehicles to stay on the road but it has also become the norm to inconvenience pedestrians who wish to cross a road via an underpass (urban lavatory) or worse, a fcuking overpass. Arsewholes who put those in place deserve a paddling.

(From one who's pushed a motorbike or three along a pavement. In mitigation, I was able to put it on the road when pedestrians were around.)

I must admit, I was impressed by the wordsmithing in "It may appear an entrenched inconvenience" Laughing

Cap: doffed. Chapeau!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do get the feeling that if the first copper had said no that there would be a different video. Something on Racist Pig wouldn't let a Black man do Blah blah blah.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference in encumbrance between a guy wheeling a motorbike down a path and someone pushing a trolley, buggy, double-wide pram, etc? One has an engine and the rest don't?

To be fair, it might be the fact that one of them might weigh upwards of a quarter of a ton, and has only two wheels rather than four, so that it's only the 'skill' of the person in charge of it which is preventing it toppling over and squashing a toddler?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
[To be fair, it might be the fact that one of them might weigh upwards of a quarter of a ton, and has only two wheels rather than four, so that it's only the 'skill' of the person in charge of it which is preventing it toppling over and squashing a toddler?

To be fair, I think more people have been killed by Police Helicopters falling from the sky in the UK than toddlers have been crushed by motorcyclists wheeling their bikes along pavements. Since 2013 I am making it 7 to nil.

EDIT: 10 - nil
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1