Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawasaki 2021 Ninja1000sx performance tourer purchase advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mambros84
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:35 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Kawasaki 2021 Ninja1000sx performance tourer purchase advice Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just joined the forum as I am finally planning to purchase a new motorbike.

The model I'd like to buy is the Kawasaki Ninja 1000sx and would like to ask a few question as the website is a bit poor when it comes to info and customisation options.

First of all, is the 1000sx Performance Tourer model worth the extra price? Is it possible to have the tourer normal back seat on this model? In case the answer is no, any recommendations?

Has anyone bought a bike during this pandemic? I did enquire for a test drive, however it seems not possible before the 12th April due to the restrictions. The only way would be to put down a deposit apparently.

Finally, how could I cut a bit the price? Any suggestions about the price I could get it for? £13300 is not a cheap price for a motorcycle... Even though I have to admit it's one of those unique beauties Laughing

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any reply in advance Very Happy

Last edited by Mambros84 on 16:00 - 24 Mar 2021; edited 1 time in total

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to google teh model.. but immediately noticed it was less than your stated price here..

https://www.northamptonmoto.co.uk/new-bikes/11858509-kawasaki-ninja-1000-sx-tourer-1000-sx-tourer/

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Mambros84
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:15 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
I had to google teh model.. but immediately noticed it was less than your stated price here..

https://www.northamptonmoto.co.uk/new-bikes/11858509-kawasaki-ninja-1000-sx-tourer-1000-sx-tourer/

That's the 2020 model, isn't now the 2021 out? (all this naming-year thing is mental Razz)

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current 1000sx was new in 2020, so the 2021 bike will be the same bike. Save yourself some dollar and go for the 2020 would be my advice.

Mambros84
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:31 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
The current 1000sx was new in 2020, so the 2021 bike will be the same bike. Save yourself some dollar and go for the 2020 would be my advice.

Still, not being able to walk into the shop until the 12th April, is there any way to play a bit on the price and either lower it or get some other stuff for free?

Back in Italy I was usually able to get a 10-15% discount on the final price. Is it the same here in UK or that's not the case?

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 24 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new bike during the pandemic, just wore a mask in the shop.

That aside, I had a new Versys 1000 in 2015 and I bought the base model and added the things I wanted rather then get the tourer upgrade for the following reasons:-

The Kawasaki panniers were an odd shape, they look good, but would be a bugger to load. There were also reports of the keys bending because the ignition key was used and it was too long for repeated use in a stiff pannier lock. I prefer my Givis with their super strong keys and they transferred to my new bike later on.

The heated grips didn't have a very good reputation for warmth output so I got Oxford type instead, plus a set of handguards so they helped stop wind chill and keep your hands very slightly dryer.

I didn't see the need for a gear indicator, I have always just changed up until I couldn't and changed down until I couldn't. I had a bike for a quite few years before realising it had 6 not 5 gears once. I have a gear indicator on my current bike, but it is just an additional bit of info on the dash that I don't need to see.

Mambros84
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:27 - 26 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
I bought a new bike during the pandemic, just wore a mask in the shop.

That aside, I had a new Versys 1000 in 2015 and I bought the base model and added the things I wanted rather then get the tourer upgrade for the following reasons:-

The Kawasaki panniers were an odd shape, they look good, but would be a bugger to load. There were also reports of the keys bending because the ignition key was used and it was too long for repeated use in a stiff pannier lock. I prefer my Givis with their super strong keys and they transferred to my new bike later on.

The heated grips didn't have a very good reputation for warmth output so I got Oxford type instead, plus a set of handguards so they helped stop wind chill and keep your hands very slightly dryer.

I didn't see the need for a gear indicator, I have always just changed up until I couldn't and changed down until I couldn't. I had a bike for a quite few years before realising it had 6 not 5 gears once. I have a gear indicator on my current bike, but it is just an additional bit of info on the dash that I don't need to see.

Thanks for the info.

I am checking prices between different retailers for the 2021 model but one of those told me that the Oxford heated grips cannot be installed on the 2020 and 2021 bikes as they have "electronic throttle tubes" (no idea about what he means tbh Confused).
Any idea about this?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1