Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

All of them miles south of the border. Scotland shite as always and a second hand bike market that’s drier than a witches tit

Move out of the sticks fella.

https://miro.medium.com/max/964/1*mgEcu5i0WGIOMQ7G8Phipw.jpeg

Well if independence ever happens I’ll be moving south

NeilUK
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:48 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for all the help and advice lads..... I'm just itching to get my CBT booked in now!

TheCreepster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:41 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, similar situation to the OP here, but a whipper snapper in comparison (I'm 42 Laughing ) My CBT is booked for the end of June having never ridden before. Really umming and ahhing on the buy a 125 for practice Vs just going for it on the DAS. Problem is I'm impatient and will want to get out on the roads to practice/experience riding after my CBT before the school would have a chance to book me in for a DAS with the current backlog. Weighing up the options to try and maximise experience for the least amount of money. I could buy second hand for under a grand, buy a new, cheap Chinese bike like the Lexmoto LXR, or buy a new KTM Duke 125 or similar and then sell after passing. Or I could just be patient and wait for the DAS Rolling Eyes

TheCreepster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:42 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the middle finger was a cracking typo Laughing

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:09 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mine at 38 after being talking into it by the wife, id never been on a bike before

The only advice I can give is if you find anything difficult on the CBT dont let it put you off completely, half way through mine I wasnt enjoying it and had resigned myself to, oh well, ive given it a go, its not for me, and i didnt feel ready to be out on the road lol, but once we were out, i then understood why people ride bikes, best summed up by someone who i work with, 'freedom', it just feels amazing to be out in the fresh air riding about

I bought a used 125 to use between lessons and i dont regret it, i could likely sell it now for what i paid for it about 8 months ago and its helped me practice what im being taught, especially with all the lockdowns

TheCreepster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:45 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which 125 did you go for?

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:55 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a YS125, i will hopefully be selling it soon once i get my mod2 booked

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 23 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCreepster wrote:
Really umming and ahhing on the buy a 125 for practice Vs just going for it on the DAS. Problem is I'm impatient and will want to get out on the roads to practice/experience riding after my CBT before the school would have a chance to book me in for a DAS with the current backlog. Weighing up the options to try and maximise experience for the least amount of money.

Ordinarily I'd say don't bother with a 125 but if the backlog on tests is pretty huge then it's nearly June already (and the weather is going to get better, isn't it?!) and being out on a motorcycle - any motorcycle - is better than not being out on a motorcycle.

At your age, it's not like insurance is going to kill you - you'll get nack all back if you cancel by the way, and don't expect that you'll just be able to tell them you've passed your test and to insure your shiny new 600, you'll most likely be taking out a new policy.

TheCreepster wrote:
I could buy second hand for under a grand, buy a new, cheap Chinese bike like the Lexmoto LXR, or buy a new KTM Duke 125 or similar and then sell after passing. Or I could just be patient and wait for the DAS Rolling Eyes

Get yourself a second hand Japanese 125 and use it. I'd not touch the KTM - huge list of issues on the early bikes; think they got better at it in the later model years but it's a lot of money for a poor quality product.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2