BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hushkit.net

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Hushkit.net Reply with quote

Interesting aviation website which might be of interest since of plenty of bikers are into planes too.

https://hushkit.net/

https://hushkit.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/hh6-hawker-hunter-f6.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a nice Hawker Hunter, me Smile
Nice photo too.
Didn't know the Czech Air Force had them.
I've bookmarked that site for a browse later, so ta.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a nice clip on the Buchaneer on YouTube the other day. Underrated aircraft.
Bit of an A-10 Warthog, though not such a pug. Loved by crews. (Feared by their enemies)

https://youtu.be/46a-7N_13Sk

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nice photo too.

I don't think they had. It's definitely not registered in Czech republic, by the reg. number. The N would suggest it's registered in the USA. The logos (flag?) are also the wrong way around.

DUT​​​​​​​CH HAWKER HUNTER FOUNDATION https://dhhf.nl/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9kVAIKiXA

EDIT: Silly me, that's the Dutch flag!
https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/nl%5Eround.html

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 11:53 - 15 Mar 2021; edited 4 times in total

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember reading somewhere that they paint the marker of other countries on planes when they are doing simulation exercises.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
i remember reading somewhere that they paint the marker of other countries on planes when they are doing simulation exercises.

The US has dedicated Aggressor squadrons which often use aircraft with similar characteristics to those of potential enemies to give pilots realistic combat training. But I don't know if anybody ever used Hunters, not to my knowledge. F5s were popular for these squadrons at one time. If an enemy type is captured, they might be used for the same after their characteristics have been evaluated.

RhynoCZ wrote:
I don't think they had. It's definitely not registered in Czech republic, by the reg. number. The N would suggest it's registered in the USA. The logos (flag?) are also the wrong way around.

I thought it unlikely, thought maybe they just kept one that they might have come by for airshows or such. I would never have spotted that about the roundel though. It does look like it has the orange spot in the centre now you say it, but wasn't aware the Dutch used that roundel.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I saw a nice clip on the Buchaneer on YouTube the other day. Underrated aircraft.
Bit of an A-10 Warthog, though not such a pug. Loved by crews. (Feared by their enemies)

https://youtu.be/46a-7N_13Sk

If ever you're up and around Elgin way, there's a Buccaneer parked up on a petrol station forecourt in Lossiemouth road. Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 09 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgotten US Air Battle over Europe, 1953: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlJOvUCrN30

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 09 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Forgotten US Air Battle over Europe, 1953: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlJOvUCrN30

Amazing that they have actual footage of that dog fight. Very Happy

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 09 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nice photo too.

I'll try and dig out the picture my Dad took of a prototype Hunter, when it was forced to land at the RAF station he was based at.

He had some pretty good pictures of life in the RAF in the early 50s, like a group shot of the last flight of Wellingtons, when they were painted white and converted into recon aircraft.

His favourite jet was the Canberra, he said they were a joy to work on.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

My first posting was to RAF Wyton, where 100sqn flew Canberras from Smile That was from '86 to '88 I was there. Long-serving aeroplane!

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Shaft wrote:

My first posting was to RAF Wyton, where 100sqn flew Canberras from Smile That was from '86 to '88 I was there. Long-serving aeroplane!

Yeah, I think they went into service in 1951 and didn't officially retire from the RAF until 2006, which is a pretty good innings.

Dad was mostly at Thorney Island, so he can't have worked on them often, I don't think they flew from there.

He did talk about Meteors quite a bit and the Varsity, which was basically a flying schoolroom.

There's also a biking connection; he had a much older sister, which also meant he had a nephew that was older than him, who used to pick him up and drop him back from leave periods, on his Black Shadow.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, bikes connection. Whilst at Wyton, I went through ownership of a GSXR750, GSXR1100, FZ750, RG500 and 350YPVS Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1