Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

BTW I am spending more time swinging around the trees in the garden, eating lots of bananas, eating my own shit and playing with my dick in public now.

I've met you. You always did those things anyway.

Which vaccine did you have?

We had AZ, I had no side effects apart from a sore arm but Sid became obsessed with our car's thermostat/temp gauge Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... out of >6 million jabs in the US the J&J vac has apparently caused 6 blood clots. Wow, slam the brakes on the world!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
and playing with my dick in public now.

Don't tell Nobby, he hasn't had that side effect yet.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Hmmm.... out of >6 million jabs in the US the J&J vac has apparently caused 6 blood clots. Wow, slam the brakes on the world!

Stupid isn't it. They should have just shut up until they had conclusive proof for both that and the AZ. What happens when people in Africa and South America decide they only want Pfizer or Moderna jabs because of the risk, do you think Covax with say OK, we'll send the others back for a refund and get the expensive ones.
Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suspects he most likely already did that BEFORE the jab anyway.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
MCN wrote:

BTW I am spending more time swinging around the trees in the garden, eating lots of bananas, eating my own shit and playing with my dick in public now.

I've met you. You always did those things anyway.

Which vaccine did you have?

We had AZ, I had no side effects apart from a sore arm but Sid became obsessed with our car's thermostat/temp gauge Shocked

Oxford Astra-Zeneca.

Re:your car's engine temperature. Fever is a recognised side-effect. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Stupid isn't it. They should have just shut up until they had conclusive proof for both that and the AZ. What happens when people in Africa and South America decide they only want Pfizer or Moderna jabs because of the risk, do you think Covax with say OK, we'll send the others back for a refund and get the expensive ones.
Rolling Eyes

It is all driven by total fuckwits of the internet.

They have broken everything.

All the epidemiologists that learned all they need to know about immunology from 20mins browsing Google answers.

The problem is that it's impossible to adjust these fucking morons once they know everything there is to know.

I don't even bother trolling them now.

I think I'm banned off FB again.

I wish FB would police comments and ban twattery.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
MCN wrote:
and playing with my dick in public now.

Don't tell Nobby, he hasn't had that side effect yet.

Nobody would notice the difference....

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I wish FB would police comments and ban twattery.

That would be like owning a major jewelry chain and publically saying your products are a load of crap. Or banning apple products from Starbucks.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
MCN wrote:

All the epidemiologists that learned all they need to know about immunology from 20mins browsing Google answers.

The problem is that it's impossible to adjust these fucking morons once they know everything there is to know.

Denmark has permanently suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

“Our overall assessment is there is a real risk of severe side effects associated with using the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca” ~ Danish Health Authority Director General Soeren Brostroem

Speaking of MCN's morons... Rolling Eyes

Denmark got that one wrong. Every medicine comes with a risk some smaller than others - the AZ vaccine has a miniscule risk that's far outweighed by the benefits conferred. They're going to regret that decision IMO.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that the EU has a medicines agency which the nation states then ignore.

I wonder if it’s face-saving to say they’re pausing the programme as a matter of public safety rather than admit the EU hadn’t the wherewithal to acquire enough of the stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Funny that the EU has a medicines agency which the nation states then ignore.

I wonder if it’s face-saving to say they’re pausing the programme as a matter of public safety rather than admit the EU hadn’t the wherewithal to acquire enough of the stuff.

Probably a good shout. Politicians covering their arses, it's not like it's anything new.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

So they ignored the numbers and logic, just like you.
So you are now happy you feel you are right as you have a nations actions on your side?

Bravo.

Do we have a 'slowclap.gif' ?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Rebel wrote:

So they ignored the numbers and logic, just like you.
So you are now happy you feel you are right as you have a nations actions on your side?

Bravo.

Do we have a 'slowclap.gif' ?

Why would they do that.
There are more adverse reactions than 'blood clots'
You can add 8x higher chance of getting the SA variant compared to unvaccinated from reports yesterday. Laughing

Tuning the immune system to attack one thing can be a dangerous game.
These are not vaccines in the conventional sense at all but a potentially risky untried approach.
It is astonishing they are being pushed so aggressively at age groups with practically nothing to fear from covid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:27 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

You can add 8x higher chance of getting the SA variant compared to unvaccinated from reports yesterday. Laughing

Reports where?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
doggone wrote:

Reports where?

These statements need justifications too -

doggone wrote:
Tuning the immune system to attack one thing can be a dangerous game.
These are not vaccines in the conventional sense at all but a potentially risky untried approach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:10 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
MCN wrote:

“Our overall assessment is there is a real risk of severe side effects associated with using the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca” ~ Danish Health Authority Director General Soeren Brostroem

The thing about interpreting Statistics is to be able to use the numbers as useful information.

The problem is that some people use 'weaknesses' in statistical study to promote their weak theories.

No one has stated that there are no serious risks with OAZ vaccine.

Not many thinking people will stat that there is zero risk with any medicine.

Rather what responsible people will do is state that there are risks but that the benefits far out weigh the risks.

It's a bit like walking across a road in the middle of town.

It is not without some reasonable risk but most of us are more than able to cross the road without worrying too much about that risk.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:31 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt rubbish for a week after the OAZ jab - okay the day after, but two days later I didn't want to get out of bed, and so stayed there - nothing major, no fever-ish symptoms - but definitely couldn't be arsed with life on any level, slept a lot, even felt depressed - then on 8th day i was exactly how i always am

not looking forward to second job much

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:36 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
doggone wrote:

Reports where?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.06.21254882v1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Shock horror RNA viruses mutate. Who'd a thunk it?

Here's more shock news for you: Vaccine development tracks and changes to mitigate mutations.

Even more shock news, it's only the vaccine based around BNT162b2 (Pfizer) mentioned in that article - Nothing to do with the AZ vaccine which is the one that was under discussion.

Stop press shock news: The MRNA vaccines happen to be the easier ones to modify for spike protein changes.

Oh and it's not 8 times greater than unvaccinated, it's that the variants are more likely to infect because the vaccine isn't as effective against the variants.

"Vaccinees infected at least a week after the second dose were disproportionally infected with B.1.351 (odds ratio of 8:1). Those infected between two weeks after the first dose and one week after the second dose, were disproportionally infected by B.1.1.7 (odds ratio of 26:10), suggesting reduced vaccine effectiveness against both VOCs under different dosage/timing conditions. Nevertheless, the B.1.351 incidence in Israel to-date remains low and vaccine effectiveness remains high against B.1.1.7, among those fully vaccinated. These results overall suggest that vaccine breakthrough infection is more frequent with both VOCs, yet a combination of mass-vaccination with two doses coupled with non-pharmaceutical interventions control and contain their spread."

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Shock horror RNA viruses mutate. Who'd a thunk it?

Here's more shock news for you: Vaccine development tracks and changes to mitigate mutations.

Even more shock news, it's only the vaccine based around BNT162b2 (Pfizer) mentioned in that article - Nothing to do with the AZ vaccine which is the one that was under discussion.

Stop press shock news: The MRNA vaccines happen to be the easier ones to modify for spike protein changes.

Oh and it's not 8 times greater than unvaccinated, it's that the variants are more likely to infect because the vaccine isn't as effective against the variants.

"Vaccinees infected at least a week after the second dose were disproportionally infected with B.1.351 (odds ratio of 8:1). Those infected between two weeks after the first dose and one week after the second dose, were disproportionally infected by B.1.1.7 (odds ratio of 26:10), suggesting reduced vaccine effectiveness against both VOCs under different dosage/timing conditions. Nevertheless, the B.1.351 incidence in Israel to-date remains low and vaccine effectiveness remains high against B.1.1.7, among those fully vaccinated. These results overall suggest that vaccine breakthrough infection is more frequent with both VOCs, yet a combination of mass-vaccination with two doses coupled with non-pharmaceutical interventions control and contain their spread."

I know all this.
It still indicates that once you start tinkering you are committed to it for ever more, is that what *we*want.
Big Pharma loves the idea that immune systems are now political footballs and if you don't take experimental shots you must want to kill granny.
In fact having a functional immune system now seems to be a right wing trait. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:43 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

It still indicates that once you start tinkering you are committed to it for ever more, is that what *we*want.

The SA variant appeared prior to anything close to wide spread immunisation. Therefore the SA variant is not a result of 'tinkering'.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
doggone wrote:

The SA variant appeared prior to anything close to wide spread immunisation. Therefore the SA variant is not a result of 'tinkering'.

Who said it was.
The SA variant appears to be able to infect 8x more easily if you had a vaccine than didn't have it because your immune system has been primed to deal with earlier versions.
This means all those vaccinated hosts will help it spread.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:50 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Who said it was.
The SA variant appears to be able to infect 8x more easily if you had a vaccine than didn't have it because your immune system has been primed to deal with earlier versions.
This means all those vaccinated hosts will help it spread.

You do know that the SA variant is much more infective in people who haven't been immunised as well?

Vaccine or not, it would quickly become the domanant strain anywhere it gets a toehold..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 170, 171, 172  Next
Page 151 of 172