Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
There's more BAME bikers around here than white bikers - by some way actually; well if you count Deliveroo scoots anyway Laughing

Yeah these guys are from the endz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4P_tPUPQ4vTHk72fpvO0ng

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
I haven't trawled all 127 pages of this thread to check but has anyone raised the point that there are not many black/people of colour among our ilk?

I mean even the 'Black Rebel Motorcycle Club' seem to be operating under false pretences.

There's Carl Cox of course and I saw Chris Harris on a bike on top gear the other day, plus I saw some Sikh guys riding around (helmetless) on Easter Sunday.

But, overall I get the impression motorcycling is mainly a white man preserve .. just a thought.

Is he now considered a person of colour?

I thought he was just a man with a tan because his mum came from Cyprus Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Nigerians bad, westerners good you say? Rolling Eyes Laughable.

Well, that's the problem with the internet.

People easily misinterpret comment.

I never said Nigerians bad, westerners good.

All I said was what I experienced for my self from living in Nigeria.

Have You lived anywhere in sub-saharan Africa?

It's a pot of corruption. Money talks.

And health care sucks.

If Pfizer were working there you can bet they were not working for free.
I can guarantee politicians and local mafia were richly rewarded to 'allow' trials.

I'm not saying Pfizer were good either but reading the story, even now that Pfizer has agreed to pay compensation, families are still waiting to see the money.
The same idiots who arranged permits are probably balls-deep in diveying up the compen among themselves.
Lawyers acting for the families too.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:11 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Exactly right ^^^

The most corrupt country I have ever had the misfortune to work in. Individually most Nigerians were as nice as anyone anywhere else. Get into any system though, money talks.

The only other place even approaching their levels of corruption I have had the misfortune to be involved with was Egypt.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked with quite a few Nigerians over the years. I think it's a particular tribal or regional group of them that are rotten and that many Nigerians are very wary of that group. I've seen this in action in the care sector with some Nigerians clearly avoiding others. I suspect the UK as an old colonial power is deeply involved with the corrupt group and subtly encourages it.

droog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:24 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are slso a couple of interesting cases involving an ex and currently serving UK Prime Minister.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droog wrote:
There are slso a couple of interesting cases involving an ex and currently serving UK Prime Minister.

Remember Cammoron getting into trouble when he was PM and he called Nigeria corrupt. Pot calling the kettle ....... Uh oh!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Droog wrote:

Remember Cammoron getting into trouble when he was PM and he called Nigeria corrupt. Pot calling the kettle ....... Uh oh!

I know Cameron is a pig fucker, a sleazy little rodent and a stain on politics (if that's possible) but he really isn't in the same league as Nigerian corruption.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I suspect the UK as an old colonial power is deeply involved with the corrupt group and subtly encourages it.

Well done on getting a kick at whitey being the problem in the form of colonialism. Your lefty anti Britishness is slipping though, you haven't mentioned slavery. Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

”My surname isn't one a lot of people can pronounce, and I feel employers are more likely to skip over it," said 21 year old Mary Ibiyemi from Glasgow "I feel if you're from the black or Asian communities, if you have a hard-sounding name then they are less likely to take the time to get to know the person, the pronunciation and try to work with you as a person."
Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

"I feel isolated and alone as there aren't many black faces where I live..." said Jasmine who'd recently moved from Saint Lucia to Kirkwall Rolling Eyes

Suck it up, buttercup. Move to somewhere more "diverse" or change your name or "iz it 'cos I iz black" that the entire world should revolve around you?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I feel isolated and alone as there aren't many black faces where I live..."

That reminds me of the comment often made on arty Radio 4 programmes that, “There were no literary characters like me that I could relate to when growing up.” If you can’t read a book without demanding it be about you, or being able to relate to the character in some way, then fiction isn’t for you. It seems to be an excuse for black-only publishing shortlists. Equality, yeah?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Scottish 'No-Ball-rey' made a paxket from selling africans to Murica.
It was that class who profited not the Scottish peasants.
The Scottish peasant was rewarded by being forced off the land when the Scottish lords could afford sheep to graze the land rather than pay men to farm it.
And in Scottish homes they had cheap white Labour (slaves) there was no market to sell Africans to rich Scottishers.
Scotland has paid for her colonial exploitation, we named a street in Glasgow after the president of South Africa, Mandela Place. And we have loads of Indian restaurants dotted about the land too. So our conscience should be about clear now. Cool

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Neil and one of the Race Report Commissioners - excellent interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-rIVORy-Q

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56724798

And it gets more complicated.

Arrow Taser
Arrow Taser
Arrow Taser

Thrown to the wolves to keep the baying mob at bay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56752821

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody seems to do themselves any favours in the US Sad

Cops with guns? If you have a hammer you see every problem as a nail Rolling Eyes Then there's the stupidity of criminals: surrounded by armed police? Fuck it, I will not comply.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Then there's the stupidity of criminals: surrounded by armed police? Fuck it, I will not comply.

Good to see the Darwin Awards are still so popular.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the whole deal with the BLM outrage.
Who kicks off when the opposition have shooty shooty sticks?
It got to be a lunacy issue.
Either mentally defective or banged out their head on drugs.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
That's the whole deal with the BLM outrage.
Who kicks off when the opposition have shooty shooty sticks?
It got to be a lunacy issue.
Either mentally defective or banged out their head on drugs.

All I can think of is it's complacency. Americans are so used to guns everywhere they don't have the same 'appreciation' of them that people in societies where they are relatively rare are.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:32 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 year old shot dead whilst standing still and just after he put his hands up as demanded.

How well did complying work for him?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
13 year old shot dead whilst standing still and just after he put his hands up as demanded.

13 year old with a shooter. White, black, brown; cry me a river.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:59 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a bit on that this morning.

A guy came on and ranted about " The sons of slave catchers"

My interest fell apart in a second and I now have no interest in what his plight may be.

Alienate to integrate. Pillock.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking pot shots at others and throwing a gun over the fence. Don't really care either. An interesting comment on a yank site I saw

"Mrs. Toledo" did file a report on her delinquent son days for before. She also withdrew the report before he was killed. Why is that not in your story? He was gone. She filed a report. He came back. She withdrew the report. He took off again. She did nothing.

"instead of watching him grow up" The way they were "watching" him when he was gone for days and out at 2:30 AM with a gun? Like that? How about we arrest the mother for negligence? Let's start there.

Anyway, he is probably too light coloured for full grown riots Rolling Eyes

https://www.chicagotribune.com/resizer/Eo9J339jRVtRzcgXVITKLTIewQo=/415x518/top/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/tronc/GUARCVNATFHNDCYRVUOC3Y4MKY

As a complete aside, the Chicago mayor is very very ugly.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/d851914333af19b06b228c397a73f4f38d994a9f/0_0_4805_3203/master/4805.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=9889a4f3eddae09040b4565481266dd0[img][/img]

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:12 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

13 year old with a shooter. White, black, brown; cry me a river.

100%.

“Adam…was a good kid without a criminal record. She is a good mom. She didn’t work, she spent time taking care of her children"....

... the evidence suggests otherwise, on both counts .....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby's feelings are worth more than all your facts Rolling Eyes

As if Nobby really gives a damn. He has been fed a narrative which he has bought into blindly out of sheer laziness, or so he can get his end away Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:05 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that its fine to execute kids on the street if they are involved with any sort of criminal behaviour and not bother with the courts?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 121 of 184