Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:04 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint protection film kits.

Utter utter bastard stuff. Only people who have sold their soul to Satan can fit it.

So I'll be paying him to do it next week.

Hillcroft are ace for seeing me right after I lost the rag and destroyed my kit.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
I have no idea how anyone does facebook.

Social Fixer. Ghostery. uBlock origin. A bit of time fine tuning and it's perfectly acceptable... for now at least.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the correct thread Laughing

I just dumped someone quite nice who probably didn't deserve it.
I feel like a bit of a cunt.

So I put on some rage make-up, to make myself feel better.
And now I feel like a bitch-face cunt instead.
Rolling Eyes
*sigh*

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:00 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Ah, the correct thread Laughing

I just dumped someone quite nice who probably didn't deserve it.
I feel like a bit of a cunt.

So I put on some rage make-up, to make myself feel better.
And now I feel like a bitch-face cunt instead.
Rolling Eyes
*sigh*

Have you done that angry eyebrows thing where you paint two scowling black rectangles where your real eyebrows should be?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No.
I tend not to experiment too aggressively with eyebrows, as apparently I can be scary even without them.

But I did do electric blue and yellow eyelids.
Extremely vivid, it was.

And a Wilma Flintstone outfit: seashell necklace and leopardskin cardi, LOL
If I could have found my red fluffy marabou mules, I would have been set for Heartbreaker of the Month in the Pirelli Calendar.
Rolling Eyes

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a wee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a kidney stone blasted a few hours ago. Had my 3rd wee and I wanted to cry like a little girl, some of those bits are sharp down the centre of my frightened knob and the pain in my kidney at the same time from the stent makes me shake.

Still............. mustn't grumble. Done this before, so I know it will get better.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeep!
Shocked
Sounds horrid, poor you!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put more rage make-up on this morning over the top of yesterday's old stuff, and now it's a fucker to get it off: my attempts at wiping it gently off with an oily rag have gone all to hell in a handbasket, and I now have a face like a half-eaten pie.

Still, on the upside, the benefit of having wrinkly old skin is when you put a lorryload of oil on it, by the morning it looks all plump and delicious again. So yay for that.

Every cloud has a silver lining, etc.
Rolling Eyes

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Eeeep!
Shocked
Sounds horrid, poor you!
Voluntary as well. I rode at 3am to A&R at Broomfield Hospital in November 2018 with incredible back pain, knowing what it was from when I had my first in 2004. They knocked me out and put a stent in as a stop gap then lasered in in January 19. They had seen one in the other kidney deep down on the scans but said it was unlikely to move did I want it done to prevent future problems. This one was the same one from 2004 that they had ultra sounded down till it was small.

I said yes to having this other one done and have been waiting ever since. The good thing was that thanks to Covid they are so far behind it was done in a private hospital, but by the same bloke who did my last one in 2019. You get paper pants to wear under your gown in private hospitals it seems as well as a room to yourself.

As I was sitting very gingerly after my op in my little room feeling like a large rugby player had kicked me in the balls and guts and still a bit woozy from the anaesthetic I heard the girl next door calling for help and no nurse responding. I hobbled round to find her holding her arm up and trying to stop blood hitting the floor, so I told her to hold on I'd get someone and gave her some paper towels to press on her arm. I had a mask, special sexy compression stocking, paper pants and a gown on, yet she never tried it on????

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:00 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've put more rage make-up on this morning over the top of yesterday's old stuff, and now it's a fucker to get it off: my attempts at wiping it gently off with an oily rag have gone all to hell in a handbasket, and I now have a face like a half-eaten pie.

Still, on the upside, the benefit of having wrinkly old skin is when you put a lorryload of oil on it, by the morning it looks all plump and delicious again. So yay for that.

Every cloud has a silver lining, etc.
Rolling Eyes

Pics

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:48 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I now have a face like a half-eaten pie.

Rolling Eyes

Shocked Shocked Shocked , I did larf! Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer algorithms. They're crap. Never more than an approximation of what they're supposed to do. Once again, shuffle play on a song mix is annoying me. Same tracks constantly repeated, not getting a truly random selection.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Computer algorithms. They're crap. Never more than an approximation of what they're supposed to do. Once again, shuffle play on a song mix is annoying me. Same tracks constantly repeated, not getting a truly random selection.

Ah so you want psuedo random, rather than really random.

Real random would play the same song twice, more so if you've only got a few songs in a playlist.

There's no law (as there's no memory of what was rolled) against rolling six sixes on a die, but you want it to roll each number once.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ah so you want psuedo random, rather than really random.

Real random would play the same song twice, more so if you've only got a few songs in a playlist.

It seems to be a bit more than that. I can put an album in playlists with otherwise different stuff, and it'll still pick out the same few tracks, whilst others may never get played at all. Some tracks I never get to hear unless I play them deliberately. These can be playlists as long as you like, 1000+ tracks, or just a few albums. If I put a 1000+ playlist on, on consecutive days, I'm still getting the same few tracks come up again and again.

Quote:
There's no law (as there's no memory of what was rolled) against rolling six sixes on a die, but you want it to roll each number once.

I don't mind hearing the same track more than once, but a pattern develops. I do wonder if in fact these algorithms DO build on what has already been played, favouring those tunes as "favourites", even though it was the algorithm that picked them in the first place.

First world problems yo! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

European Super League: Ministers will do 'whatever it takes' to block breakaway.

Even if I gave a damn about professional football I’d still wonder whether this was an issue the government should be so anxious about.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireAngel smoke alarm supposedly has an expiry of 2027 but it’s already beeping every 40 seconds to indicate the battery is knackered. Like a cheap Japanese watch. Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
European Super League: Ministers will do 'whatever it takes' to block breakaway.

Even if I gave a damn about professional football I’d still wonder whether this was an issue the government should be so anxious about.

It's big money and they all probably have shares in it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there no way to press a button on t' telly remote and instantly Down Vote horse-shite?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:27 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Why is there no way to press a button on t' telly remote and instantly Down Vote horse-shite?

What you do is cancel your license and stop watching tv.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

That simple soloution does not provide sufficient drama for my taste. Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That simple soloution does not provide sufficient drama for my taste. Very Happy

What you do is improve your taste.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

there is on Virgin cable, but I think it just takes it upon itself to record shows one might like onto the TIVO box, if you are not recording anything, so the thumbs ups and downs just influence the selection

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
so the thumbs ups and downs just influence the selection

There's going to be another of those bloody algy-rhythms in there, isn't there? Mad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
thx1138 wrote:
so the thumbs ups and downs just influence the selection

There's going to be another of those bloody algy-rhythms in there, isn't there? Mad

Here's an Algy Rhythm

https://www.durhammusic.org.uk/algy-met-a-bear-singalong-thursday-episode-16

Do you sing songs to children about bears eating kids nowadays? weird.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird is normal and normal is weird. Keep up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 686 of 698