Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:41 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Screen Actors Guild... all I can think of is Team America: World Police Laughing

The was the Film Actors Guild.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Screen Actors Guild... all I can think of is Team America: World Police Laughing

The was the Film Actors Guild.

Film Actor's Guild Of Television Screen

IFTFY

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
The actress has hitherto been known as Thandie, an anglicised version of her name with the "w" absent.

All of Newton's films will be credited with the name Thandiwe (pronounced "tan-DEE-way") Newton in future.

"That's my name. It's always been my name. I'm taking back what's mine,"

Laughing
Like it was her slave name. Rolling Eyes

It’s a Me Too bandwagon. No doubt she’s got tales of opportunities denied, hard work going unrecognised, contemporaries inexplicably getting ahead. Me too! I just haven’t yet found a historical social injustice upon which to hang my relative misfortunes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Now I want to watch that again. Embarassed

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 05 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news - a bunch of Ukrainian women get their tits out in Dubai and just the geezer that organised it is locked up, contrary to previous reports Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56638282

Yeah stand down feminists. No need to get arsey because fit girls wanted to make money from their figures. You've got the guy responsible to go after now? Profit? Eh? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56673778

Baftas time - and it's all about the diversity Laughing

Quote:
Following the lack of diversity last year, a seven-month review led Bafta to introduce more than 120 changes to its voting, membership and campaigning processes.

They included the introduction of a new longlist round of voting, the expansion of the outstanding British film field to 10 nominations, and increasing all four acting categories and best director to six nominees in an attempt to ensure greater diversity.

Result?

The only white faces on that page are those of the presenters - which I'm sure will be adjusted next time to ensure greater representation.

Does anyone actually care about acting awards any more? I remember them being a big thing - you know - when it was on actual merit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Does anyone actually care about acting awards any more? I remember them being a big thing - you know - when it was on actual merit.

Did anyone, other than those in the profession, ever care?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is v racist of me to suggest but when minorities get to dictate order it does not mean that it is right.

We should all be able to have a go but not all at once.

87.1% White
7.0% Asian
3.0% Black
2.0% Mixed
0.9% Other

UK is 87% whitey so, to be fair, 50% of 'public' figures do not need to be Efnic. But they should not be actively excluded either.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:19 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
It is v racist of me to suggest but when minorities get to dictate order it does not mean that it is right.

We should all be able to have a go but not all at once.

87.1% White
7.0% Asian
3.0% Black
2.0% Mixed
0.9% Other

UK is 87% whitey so, to be fair, 50% of 'public' figures do not need to be Efnic. But they should not be actively excluded either.

Then we have regionality to consider. There was a big thing in the news a while back about how it was disgraceful that there were only two ethnic minority police officers in Northumberland. However if you looked at the census data and total number of police for that region, they were significantly over-represented.

I remember my Secondary School in NE Scotland failing its inspection because they had no provision or facilities to allow for the religious observances of minority groups.

Our head teacher assured them that as soon as any pupils from minority religions attended the school, he'd get right on it, but since there currently weren't any and hadn't been any for 20 years, it was pretty near the bottom of his priority list.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s elitist to mark down bad spelling, universities insist.

Quote:
University tutors are being told not to dock marks for spelling mistakes because requiring good English could be seen as “homogenous north European, white, male, elite”.

Several universities are adopting “inclusive assessments” as part of an effort to narrow the attainment gap between white and black, Asian and minority ethnic students and to reduce higher dropout rates among those from poorer backgrounds.

Let’s hope employers are as forgiving. Laughing

Quote:
Hull University has said it will “challenge the status quo” by dropping the requirement for a high level of technical proficiency in written and spoken English in some subjects, a requirement it described as white, male and elite.

Intriguing.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apu voiceover dude apologises for daring to voice Apu in The Simpsons:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56731420

Ridiculousness achievement unlocked.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t get it, is the comedy script reinforcing racial stereotypes or is the “problem” that a white actor was voicing an Indian character?

Edit: liking the accompanying video, “The black actor hoping his impressions get him a job.” He’s doing the white characters.
Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:22 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone right off football (might have said on here earlier at some point) for various reasons but this morning I think I've found some solace in it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56721633

Just watch the highlights - you'd be embarrassed if kids in the park played as badly as that Laughing

Front page of the MAIN sports page, not even just the football page. Who is even watching this stuff.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I've gone right off football (might have said on here earlier at some point) for various reasons but this morning I think I've found some solace in it:

Just watch the highlights - you'd be embarrassed if kids in the park played as badly as that Laughing

Front page of the MAIN sports page, not even just the football page. Who is even watching this stuff.

But, but women are ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ equal to men you sexist you. They are just as good at football.

Especially the transgender ones.
̶

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Especially the transgender ones.
̶

Men are better than women... men are even better at being women than women Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

I'm sorry to say this, as I relish any opporchancity to ridicule 'The Beautiful Game' but I thought those lassies played well. Their passing accuracies and strategies were spot on.
They actually looked far better than Canada (not a football nation in any way.)
Perhaps as a friendly, it gives the girls a wee chance at swapping positions and trying out set-up to see how they perform without being punished by league points.

Goalkeeper's foot-fumble was cringe AF. I felt bad for that poor lassie. Her whole head was beetroot. Probably still red hot today Very Happy

In general, the wimin footballers do appear to work harder than a lot of their male counterparts.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could go in a number of threads but here seems as good as any:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/london-overground-renamed-sadiq-khan-diversity-b930046.html

Khan's diversity panel strikes again Dance!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/london-overground-renamed-sadiq-khan-diversity-b930046.html

Something that really gets my goat about 'diversity' and 'black history month' is there is bugger all Black Britons history from before the turn of the 19th/20th century and really not that much before the 1940's because there were bugger all blacks in the UK. But hey, we have to find some somewhere. Anyone know a black man who needs a statue?

Tell you what, prove me wrong and come up with black British people from before 1900 who warrant a statue. And by that I mean doing something special and not doing something the same as many others but just being remembered because you are black. eg Mary Seacole. (Although she probably warranted one more than some, she was still one of many nurses out in the Crimea).

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Jesus wept, is this really the shite Khant is spending our money on?!

Sooner he gets effed off the better.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to get re-elected.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

That's what the MSM would tell you. Last news item just trotted out him, Shaun Bailey (Tory) Luisa Porritt (LitUndem) and Sian Berry (Green.) The latter two having zero prospects why waste the air time? No coverage for Mr. Fox or my personal fav, Peter "Eggs or Pineapple" Gammons Smile Not that I'd vote UKIP, I'd just like to see the unmasked hatred of any BBC interviewer Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That's what the MSM would tell you.

So you don't think so?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Or Lahndahn is going to be Re-Infected.

That geezer's a Fackin Prick.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 14 of 63