Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2021

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'M VERY HAPPY! Yesterday I visited the doctors and they gave me the green light to return to competition. They have been 9 difficult months, with moments of uncertainties and ups and downs, and now, I will be able to enjoy my passion again!
See you next week in Portimao!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MM said he initiated that big slide into Turn 7 because he hadn't entered the corner right cos his body isn't up to speed, so he slid the rear to make the apex
Shocked Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not hanging back at all!

I'm really not a Marquez fan particularly, but I am SO hoping he comes back and smashes it this weekend. There is no doubting he is still the man to beat.

I'd love to see a proper ding dong between Marquez and Mir.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off for a year.

Comes back. No tyre moaning. No excuses. Quietly goes out and proves the point.

In his head he's still got it, the body will catch up. I think the rest of the field have a fight coming to them.

So good to see 'Happy" as the overall vibe.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:

I'm really not a Marquez fan particularly, but I am SO hoping he comes back and smashes it this weekend.

I'm not, last seasons racing was much better without him!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 17 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love another season like last year...yet a return to a full, around the world championship is where it's at.

It's too early to be thinking he'll return to winning 12 out of 19 races like in '19.
He's been smiling when returning to his seat but these 3 days have shown are mistakes through fitness. He's shaking his arm. He's tired.

It'll be in his mind nestled there. I don't care what you're made of or your determination, passing through a trauma always leaves a chink in the armour.
Growing muscle back to full size? I don't know if they always do or what damage can't be fixed. His bone should grow back stronger.

He's a spectacle to watch like Casey or Shwantz, Be good to see him really doing his thing. I don't really have an allegiance to any one rider. Happy to see an underdog rise up. Shout out to Sam Lowes.
Who's the underdog in MotoGP these days?...Savadori. Marini ..Bastineanini (sp) Rossi?

I like Takaaki Nakagami.

Should be good. Bounce!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 18 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad outing for Marquez!

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:59 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
c_dug wrote:

I'm really not a Marquez fan particularly, but I am SO hoping he comes back and smashes it this weekend.

I'm not, last seasons racing was much better without him!

This.

Although, to be honest I've never taken to him, so he wasn't missed.

Lowes crash. Oooyah !

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusted at the coverage of Marquez this weekend.

He's being treated like some kind of martyr, because he had another massive crash this weekend. Constant rhetoric about how tough he is, how amazing he was in Portimao.

No-one mentions he hit another rider, almost caused another accident there. Hit another bike's wheel.

So he takes himself out this weekend in practice, needs x-rays on his leg etc.

I'm wondering when people are going to actually call him out as a danger to himself and others - as he has been for years. He's just been extremely lucky so far IMO. Whenever he's not winning he takes dangerous risks - wondering which round this year we'll see him cause or have a massive massive injury.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They let Fenati race again.
Rossi is still racing.

If they're not trying it's no fun at which point might as well watch F1 and snort sleeping pills.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Disgusted at the coverage of Marquez this weekend.

He's being treated like some kind of martyr, because he had another massive crash this weekend. Constant rhetoric about how tough he is, how amazing he was in Portimao.

No-one mentions he hit another rider, almost caused another accident there. Hit another bike's wheel.

So he takes himself out this weekend in practice, needs x-rays on his leg etc.

I'm wondering when people are going to actually call him out as a danger to himself and others - as he has been for years. He's just been extremely lucky so far IMO. Whenever he's not winning he takes dangerous risks - wondering which round this year we'll see him cause or have a massive massive injury.

Marco Simoncelli. Pulled some seriously bad/dangerous moves. Never spoken about.

Rossi wasn't adverse. 'Your ambition outweighed your talent' amongst more than I care to remember.

Marc was a prized twunt in moto2. His from the back of the pack overtakes in the top class have sometimes involved bashing people out of the way.

It's a fine line eh. Ayrton Senna another one.

Until there's serious injury or worse and the powers that be take career ending action I can't foresee a time when the red mist doesn't reap rewards.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MM93 is in for a tough time, he's chasing his own tail.
What I mean by that is, he bins in practice, or doesn't qualify well, which means he has to put everything he's got on the line to make up the places.
Which is exactly how he ended up missing a season in the first place!

He needs to accept he needs lots more track time, before he can challenge for the podium and suck up the lack of points, until he's race fit!

Honda must be really regretting putting all their eggs in the Marquez basket, despite their denials that they would never do such a thing.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the riders, it's the bike. And now the only person who could ride the bucking bronco isn't at peak race fitness.

It'll either come or it won't - watching him is still better than listening to Lorenzo carp on from Twatter or listening to Rossi bleat on about tyres.

I defy any normal human outside of that group of facers to bin it into the barriers at 180km/h + and then hop back on and be even remotely competitive. I just think some of the social meedja moaners should stop and think about what that takes. That's not just 93, they are all wired the same way. That's why i don't think anyone who isn't prepared to do that has anything valid to say about those who do.

What MOTO GP will not be is a boring procession and we should appreciate that.

Roll on the race!

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Acosta kid is something special

OGR

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The riding post concussion rule needs setting up and enforcing though.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good race. Nice to see the hard workers rewarded with podiums.

Acosta is something special isn't he.

Well deserved for Ducati / Miller today. Unlucky for FQ.

And no doubt annoying the haters, MM93 in the top 10 with no controversy at all.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 02 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

And no doubt annoying the haters, MM93 in the top 10 with no controversy at all.

Amazing what concussion can do Wink

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awaiting the news that Fabio will be having the arm pump operation.

Good racing in all classes I thought...unless you're a JMcPhee fan. I mean c'mon what was he playing at.

Although Jack was kinda gifted the win it must've buoyed him up for the next few rounds which suit the ducatis.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 13 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Mans - the crashest on the calendar.

Weather set to be sunshine and showers.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 13 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure looks like surgery has happened.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E089s27XEAAP0Qi?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1R5GdxXoAcu4Rr?format=png&name=360x360

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 14 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV4 will be showing the race live this Sunday.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 16 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love flag to flag. Was really rooting for Zarco, I want a back flip!

Cracking day, not like Moto 3 to be the most boring of the day!

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 16 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM93 straight back to win it or bin it mode, he just can't help himself!

What is so fcukin' difficult about riding around for a decent points haul?
That's how the current world champion took the title, FFS!

As I said previously, he's chasing his own tail, with all too predictable results! Right now he's properly on course for a career ending prang, if he doesn't wind his neck in!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 16 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penny could be slowly dropping Sid.

Quote:
"This was my fault, and I was not able to control myself."

Could be worse, he could be Maverick ViƱales. At least with MM we know how he operates but Vinny is WTF is going on in a racesuit.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 17 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just got to wait and let the body catch up to the mind. Mind was in winning race mode, body not so much.

It'll either come or it won't. He wasn't the only one who span out either.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8