Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 14 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone buying Coinbase stock?

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the big value in coinbase, what is to stop another company offering the same services? Or am i missing something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some in bitcoin . Litecoin and cardano . Not much really about 180 quid accross the 3 of them

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
I dont see the big value in coinbase, what is to stop another company offering the same services? Or am i missing something?

I suppose you could say the same about any internet based business. Your right though they're very vulnerable to someone taking their territory which given the comparitably high fees might not be difficult.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:47 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck coinbase. Laughing

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
I've got some in bitcoin . Litecoin and cardano . Not much really about 180 quid accross the 3 of them

I sold my litecoin, ive got some in

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Mithril (not the best choice atm)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:27 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Fuck coinbase. Laughing

This. CB is currently the industry leader but it won't be long before competition arrives with lower fees. Their profit is very high at the moment but it is unsustainable in the medium/long term.

Saying that, hype might push it high for no real reason.

Stevie GooGs wrote:

I sold my litecoin, ive got some in

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Mithril (not the best choice atm)

Ripple? Are you aware of the token distribution and their history?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's just short term. I keep most of my investment in bitcoin and ethereum then just spot trade on some others. Its more of a hobby at the moment just making a little bit extra.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:

Coinbase are popular.
They have been around for a long while and have a good reputation, so newcomers are drawn to them and rightly so. They have a newbie friendly frontend and payments system, so I usually just send people there when asked where to buy bitcoin for the first time. Nobody has ever complained.

I have sent a few people to Binance when they ask where is the easiest place to trade, but always get follow up questions once they join. This just doesn't happen with Coinbase.

They have high fees, which make them profitable, but as said, this is unsustainable as newcomers get clued up and use other services for the lower fees.

Other Companies exist that offer the same for cheaper, but they dont have the stability Coinbase offer. Time will tell, but I imagine they will be top dogs for quite a few years to come. Remember, a small percentage of people own crypto in 2021, this is still early days.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:11 - 16 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie friendly until they ban you or keep your money and coins for fucking ages. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 20 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Newbie friendly until they ban you or keep your money and coins for fucking ages. Laughing

I'm releasing an NFT of that post.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 20 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Ethereum climbing back up.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to my portfolio I'm 10% up over the month despite the BTC drop. Phew Laughing

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Thanks to my portfolio

How posh Laughing Laughing Laughing

Etherium is countering my Bitcoin atm which is good.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
Thanks to my portfolio

How posh Laughing Laughing Laughing

Etherium is countering my Bitcoin atm which is good.

I know, plus since putting in a £100 for the girlfriend I'm now a fund manager Laughing

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she pass it over the hedge, a hedge fund manager.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I last spoke about my mining using a couple of laptops and they have been working 24/7 ever since. I was so impressed by the numbers that I have added two tower PC's with 3070 GPU's in them and may well buy more.
The towers cost £1350 each and are giving me real world returns of just over £5 per day each, meaning £1825 per year.
As the GPU shortage is supposed to be stretching well into next year, I imagine the profitability of these systems would be relevant for at least 4 years going by past performances of other cards. People are still mining 1070/1080 cards at a profit.

It's not a bad way to put to use any money you have sitting idle in a bank account.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I periodically leave my editing PC on overnight and works out about £14-15 per day and acts as a heater so office is warm in the morning.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Did she pass it over the hedge, a hedge fund manager.

She wouldn't take my advice to go ETH.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started buying and selling shares about 18 months ago. got lucky with tesla, cashed out and kept the profits in stocks. its game money as i have my original cash back in my pocket. Anyhow seeing as its free money I have been interested in all this crypto talk and crazy rises and drops so when dogecoin was at its peak a few weeks back i bought £100 at its then peak knowing it was most likely to crash and burn.

But i had some skin in the game and could play the game. Sure enough it dropped as expected over the next 2 weeks then a few days ago it was at 175% of what I paid and cashed in as you do! I like crypto now......24/7 trading and boy you need to keep an eye on what its doing A LOT!!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:31 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladerunner wrote:
I started buying and selling shares about 18 months ago. got lucky with tesla, cashed out and kept the profits in stocks. its game money as i have my original cash back in my pocket. Anyhow seeing as its free money I have been interested in all this crypto talk and crazy rises and drops so when dogecoin was at its peak a few weeks back i bought £100 at its then peak knowing it was most likely to crash and burn.

But i had some skin in the game and could play the game. Sure enough it dropped as expected over the next 2 weeks then a few days ago it was at 175% of what I paid and cashed in as you do! I like crypto now......24/7 trading and boy you need to keep an eye on what its doing A LOT!!

What trading platform do you use?

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 23 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the dip Laughing

I heard about dogecoin through a friend a bit too late but he was saying that there were loads of coms on forums about raising dogecoin then cashing out asap.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
......raising dogecoin then cashing out asap.

But of course Shocked that's what it was created for.

I'm thinking of experimenting with a trading pair of ADA and NKN. Basically when one is up on the other then taking that percentage and converting it into the other, so bumping up the stacks of each coin. Of course I could be completely misunderstanding the whole mechanism of trading pairs Shocked but hey ho Laughing

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahahaha i was meaning more the forums looking to push one, i completely get how shares work lol

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shares assuming the company has real profitable activity are at least representative of an interest in something with concrete value. Something like dogecoin though really is just crap.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 54 of 58