BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting an ASBO for a neighbour.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube showed me how to rewire the downstairs, wires/cables that were 'old' I cut and spliced with new cable. A couple run over a short bit of carpet but have gaffa tape holding them down. I've rerouted a couple of wall sockets and where the old wires were just sticking out (I reused the old sockets to save money) and put electrical tape over the exposed wires for health and safety reasons.

A new plug socket I wired in via a light switch, this may be the route of my problems. I've got to rewire the upstairs and fit a wall heater into the bathroom this month. YouTube is full of knowledge.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:25 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
A couple run over a short bit of carpet but have gaffa tape holding them down.

I wouldn't worry about setting the rubbish on fire, this will burn down the whole terrace.

King29 wrote:

A new plug socket I wired in via a light switch,

Light mains are 5 amp and not 13 amp. You never connect a socket to the light loop.

King29 wrote:
I've got to rewire the upstairs and fit a wall heater into the bathroom this month.

Good, god, man. You want to introduce electricity into the bathroom? You may as well use the toaster whilst taking a bath.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Your user name suggests that your being unmarried is in no way strategic Wink

I am a fucking catch I will have you know Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
YouTube showed me how to rewire the downstairs, wires/cables that were 'old' I cut and spliced with new cable. A couple run over a short bit of carpet but have gaffa tape holding them down. I've rerouted a couple of wall sockets and where the old wires were just sticking out (I reused the old sockets to save money) and put electrical tape over the exposed wires for health and safety reasons.

A new plug socket I wired in via a light switch, this may be the route of my problems. I've got to rewire the upstairs and fit a wall heater into the bathroom this month. YouTube is full of knowledge.

please tell me you are joking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Your user name suggests that your being unmarried is in no way strategic Wink

Like chlamydia?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
King29 wrote:
A couple run over a short bit of carpet but have gaffa tape holding them down.

I wouldn't worry about setting the rubbish on fire, this will burn down the whole terrace.

King29 wrote:

Light mains are 5 amp and not 13 amp. You never connect a socket to the light loop.

King29 wrote:
I've got to rewire the upstairs and fit a wall heater into the bathroom this month.

Good, god, man. You want to introduce electricity into the bathroom? You may as well use the toaster whilst taking a bath.

I'm calling bs Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:44 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would apart from the rat video. Does Dagmar have a mersuit?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I would apart from the rat video. Does Dagmar have a mersuit?

If she does, is it inflatable?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:51 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a voteban option
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 08 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

King29 wrote:

King29 wrote:

I'm calling bs Laughing

I agree. It's a wind up. An enjoyable wind up but no way is even our local rat lover that stupid.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 09 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Like chlamydia?

Yes, but with less benefits.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 12:52 - 09 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I'm unlucky.

And surprisingly evasive for someone who openly describes their lack of competence dealing with electricity.

Did you get the house surveyed when you bought it?

An electrician is not that expensive, and you need one. The parts are cheap - the most expensive item you may ever need is a consumer unit (what was once a fusebox), and they cost about £100. On London prices it cost me about £500 for a new consumer unit, some sockets, and fixing a handful of little problems found with 50 year old wiring and 50 years of bodges.

If you install your own electrical heater in the bathroom, particularly with your skill level and the general level of electrical safety in your house, there is a non-trivial possibility that you will die.

Stumblebum
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:00 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Re: Getting an ASBO for a neighbour. Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I'm at the end of my tether, for those that remember 'Doreen' the rat lover next door to me died of Covid. Her next door neighbour is an absolute nightmare. I've managed to access 'her' house back garden to photograph all the rubbish she has put out. Literally 50 or 60 bin bags that have decayed to the point of not holding the shit filled nappies and takeaway food she threw out in them.

Any idea how myself and the neighbour the other side of her could get an ASBO issued against her to help with a council eviction. She is Asian but speaks like she's a black woman. She thinks everyone is afraid of her she is a proper gangster in her book. She's 2 young kids that also look battered, police constantly on her door. She's going nowhere, oh an Mrs King has gone back to her mothers, I'm on my tod and can't sleep. Life is grim. Yes and the worst bit, the rats have babies now, hundreds of the little buggers terrorising the neighbourhood. Oh and I missed a mortgage payment last month.

https://i.imgur.com/HscCzZh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vho9uaR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/z94go0P.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/71Z3kAA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZBxCbFB.jpg

Be kind to the woman, get in with her and start having sexy time. Then start rogering her dry up the chufty on a regular basis. She’ll soon start having to wear adult nappies and will be too embarrassed to throw them out in the garden and will bag them up and bin them properly, it evolves from there. You’ve got to invest a little time in these things.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

King29 wrote:

Well you can have sockets wired in on a light circuit that are 'operated' by light switches, the old 5amp mini plugs specifically for lamps. Bit of an old thing, not sure if latest regs compliant.

I'm trying to work out if it is possible to wire a socket in via a light switch as there is no earth or negative? It might work as long as the bulb does. The lack of negative in a light switch causes problems when fitting smart switches.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 15 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

King29 wrote:

Well you can have sockets wired in on a light circuit that are 'operated' by light switches, the old 5amp mini plugs specifically for lamps. Bit of an old thing, not sure if latest regs compliant.

I'm trying to work out if it is possible to wire a socket in via a light switch as there is no earth or negative? It might work as long as the bulb does. The lack of negative in a light switch causes problems when fitting smart switches.

It's normal to have an earth in light switches and back boxes - it's required as a circuit protective conductor and is in the normal cable anyway.. The reason there's no neutral (not negative - that's something else entirely!) is that a light switch cable is effectively a loop from the rose (or a junction box) that carries the live feed down to the switch and the live return back to the rose and lamp. You would wire a 5 amp lighting socket from the rose not the switch Thumbs Up

Oh and if you do ever wire in a smart switch, always run the neutral from the rose using a suitable cable - never ever be tempted to 'borrow' one from a nearby ring main - it's a recipe for trouble.

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:51 - 15 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are videos on Youtube that show you how to fly a fucking Boing 747. Would I try it though in real life? Fuck no. Step away form the electrics my friend before you kill someone FFS. Shocked

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 20 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life has changed a little over the past month for the better. The wife has started divorce proceedings, I'm walking away from the house, it's negative equity. I've a parachute account that I've dumped some ISA's into and I've a semi healthy bank balance. Father in law who is affluent has promised me a golden handshake if I don't fuck his daughter around during the divorce.

Things are looking good. I can finally sleep well at night. Fuck Barclays and their Mortgage arears letters. I've a mate who lives in Ashford in Kent, a nice part (Victoria) who is letting me rent his one bed flat when he moves in with his girlfriend next month.

Happy days. LIFE IS GOOD AT THE MO.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:50 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
My life has changed a little over the past month for the better. The wife has started divorce proceedings, I'm walking away from the house, it's negative equity. I've a parachute account that I've dumped some ISA's into and I've a semi healthy bank balance. Father in law who is affluent has promised me a golden handshake if I don't fuck his daughter around during the divorce.

Things are looking good. I can finally sleep well at night. Fuck Barclays and their Mortgage arears letters. I've a mate who lives in Ashford in Kent, a nice part (Victoria) who is letting me rent his one bed flat when he moves in with his girlfriend next month.

Happy days. LIFE IS GOOD AT THE MO.

And what of the lovely Ms. Bin Laden up the road, have you pumped her Asian Anus yet?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things tend to go in cycles.

With each cycle you've grown a bit older.

Everyone has their hopes and dreams but some people expend themselves growing other people's dreams rather than their own. I've tried to explain this in a few different ways in the past and have mostly failed, e.g. the YouTube primadonna-with-a-gopro-around-the-world thing. I'm sorry to say I have never seen anyone break out of this cycle on their own steam. I have, however, seen people get old without accumulating resources, and it's not a pretty sight. It's not my intention to be right - in fact I'm happy to be wrong. But never to be the cause of someone else reaching personal milestones in their own life.

Best of luck to you.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I'm walking away from the house, it's negative equity.

Won't the bank still come after you for the balance though?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
King29 wrote:

Bitches gotta find me first.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
King29 wrote:

Unless things have changed, yes. Bank forecloses, sells house as quickly as possible, comes after you for anything left to pay.

If the house is in joint names, yours and wifies, then get rich daddy in law to sort it cause they will go after wifie as well.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If the house is in joint names, yours and wifies, then get rich daddy in law to sort it cause they will go after wifie as well.

I hope they do, she's a bitch. I'm a fucking catch me. She is now in a relationship with her best mate Helen. I feel dirty. I wouldn't mind watching though.

I'm a 10 and she's a 6, I think it's resentment on her part, couldn't handle being with a fanny magnet.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:12 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I hope they do, she's a bitch. I'm a fucking catch me. She is now in a relationship with her best mate Helen. I feel dirty. I wouldn't mind watching though.

I'm a 10 and she's a 6, I think it's resentment on her part, couldn't handle being with a fanny magnet.

Wasn't Dagmar a rug muncher as well?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
King29 wrote:

Wasn't Dagmar a rug muncher as well?

Good point Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3