Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if they don't show professionalism, expect the country to be torn up and trashed.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And if they don't show professionalism, expect the country to be torn up and trashed.

It is 'murica, it's pretty much been getting trashed by those idiot colonials for the last two hundred and fifty years anyway.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The US is a lost cause. I'm bored with it now. They can do what they like. The important battle is to stop them exporting their brain disease to here.

Exporting is the right term, the US exports it's problems as a way of avoiding them or seeking support and the world falls for it.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56825871

Onto the next one Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56825871

Onto the next one Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Speaking to local broadcaster WBNS-TV, Ma'Khia Bryant's mother, Paula Bryant, said she was "hurt" by what had happened and that her daughter was a "loving girl".

"This shouldn't have happened," she said, adding: "I want answers."

Paula Bryant said her daughter, who had been staying at a foster home, was "looking forward to coming home".

So a tearaway gobshite with parents so crap the state took her away. Decided to play with knives and too fucking dumb on hearing sirens to drop the thing, preferring to take a knife to a gun fight.

More oxygen for the rest of us.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect the bleeding hearts brigade in 3...2...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

So a tearaway gobshite with parents so crap the state took her away. Decided to play with knives and too fucking dumb on hearing sirens to drop the thing, preferring to take a knife to a gun fight.

More oxygen for the rest of us.

Exactly, but stand by for the 'she wasn't culpable' ''Only a child' ''she was a loving daughter' etc. etc. Oh, sorry. already being spouted. How about racist cop shooting poor little black girl. Thumbs Up

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

'More must be done'

I keep hearing that. It's not very specific is it?

More policemen jailed?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
''she was a loving daughter' etc. etc.

Lord, why is it always the good ones?
Praying

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonsensical tale. Gotta keep stirring that pot though.
Quote:
Think racism isn’t a problem in Britain? What happened to me at the weekend proves otherwise.

Quote:
As I was taking pictures I heard, “No foreigners”, and I saw this lady sitting outside the department store on the bench looking directly at me, with a smirk. I put my phone to the side and asked her, “Are you talking to me?” She replied in English, half laughing, “I don’t talk English.” I was in shock,

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/racism-britain-lockdown-nhs-b1834996.html

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
'More must be done'

I keep hearing that. It's not very specific is it?

More policemen jailed?

If anything is to be done in 'murica it requires some capacity for introspection, hardly something the place is known for. Paranoid reactionary acting out is the rule of the day whether it's the state or any social group or sub-group. The place is fucked.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Nonsensical tale. Gotta keep stirring that pot though.
Quote:
Think racism isn’t a problem in Britain? What happened to me at the weekend proves otherwise.

Quote:
As I was taking pictures I heard, “No foreigners”, and I saw this lady sitting outside the department store on the bench looking directly at me, with a smirk. I put my phone to the side and asked her, “Are you talking to me?” She replied in English, half laughing, “I don’t talk English.” I was in shock,

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/racism-britain-lockdown-nhs-b1834996.html

I was on a bus a few years ago where some old bastard was nearly lynched by the majority white passengers after he made some racist comments to a young African women. It was about the most blatant example of practical anti racism you could witness but I doubt the press would be interested.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgYEOatbOSg

Can't stand this bellend. 9 minutes in and he's blaming institutional racism for family breakdown in black Caribbean families. Why doesn't it affect Bangladeshi families then?

Oh cos Racism doesn't play out the same way for all groups. Riiiight.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgYEOatbOSg

Can't stand this bellend. 9 minutes in and he's blaming institutional racism for family breakdown in black Caribbean families. Why doesn't it affect Bangladeshi families then?

Oh cos Racism doesn't play out the same way for all groups. Riiiight.

That’s why the term “BAME” is going out of fashion. Those Bangladeshi’s, Chinese, etc. are letting the side down.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:35 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/176375495_311126930368199_8034781812008500737_n.jpg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
George Floyd was high on meth and fentanyl pills, the very same pills which he had overdosed on a month earlier and spent weeks in hospital

He committed fraud and theft by using a counterfeit bill to purchase goods at a corner store (and was obviously very very high while doing so)

He then resisted arrest

Chauvin held Floyd down until the ambulance arrived with a policy approved police tactic that was taught to him in training

Floyd could talk therefore breath, and both his carotid arteries were not blocked

Floyd died of an overdose and Chauvin acted as any reasonable officer would have

Let me see. Speculation from a nutjob Internet conspiracy theorist who does his research on sites known to spread misinformation vs qualified opinion from skilled medical professionals with the knowledge and experience of their profession to draw on... Which to go with? Thinking

Nope, it's the professional every time. Nutjob's gonna nutjob.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Rebel. Shocked Chauvin’s error was in not recognising (or ignoring?) Floyd’s lack of responsiveness, but was that ignorance, distraction due to the crowd, or plain murderous intent? I find it hard to imagine it was the latter. That would be stupid.

The professional medical opinions varied.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still go back to "if you have a hammer you see every problem as a nail" with regards to police actions. That being said, there are more "hammers" per head of population in the US than anywhere else so there's a sad inevitability to it all.

5.3 murders per 100,000 in the US* vs 1.2 in the UK. That 2nd Amendment comes with a high price Sad

*2017 figures

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I agree with Rebel. Shocked Chauvin’s error was in not recognising (or ignoring?) Floyd’s lack of responsiveness, but was that ignorance, distraction due to the crowd, or plain murderous intent? I find it hard to imagine it was the latter. That would be stupid.

The professional medical opinions varied.

Lack of responsiveness? Saying over and over "I can't breathe"?

Chauvin's error was not allowing the paramedics to check him when it was obvious he was in trouble and struggling to breathe. Either incompetence or not giving a shite - either way he shouldn't have been in the job.

The professional medical opinions were convincing enough for a jury.

Last edited by Islander on 21:37 - 21 Apr 2021; edited 1 time in total
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a jury under pressure to give “the right decision” from The President down.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/072/178/159/original/0012e91f4f32633a.jpeg

Again, Internet nutjob with iffy information sources against both medical professionals and a jury in possession of the facts of the case.

No contest. Nutjob's gonna nutjob.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Possibly a jury under pressure to give “the right decision” from The President down.

The jury wouldn't have been aware of Biden's comments - they were sequestered away from the media and other sources.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

The jury wouldn't have been aware of Biden's comments - they were sequestered away from the media and other sources.

After Maxine Waters irresponsible comments, and there were months of controversial opinions and flammable rhetoric aired before that. I wouldn't have wanted to be on that jury - probably would have refused.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 126 of 184