Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Pjay wrote:
Choke yourself and try to talk.

What I get up to on a Saturday night is none of your business!

I'm not judging, we've all done it.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:05 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
I do believe the jury overlooked the fact that he was able to speak while claiming he cannot breathe, meaning he wasn't being choked at that time.

Some but not all the air he needed was going in, you talk when you breathe out, which is easy with someone pressing down on one lung.

Asphyxiation is not the same as strangulation.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
we aren't talking mafia level organised crime here after all.

In some ways it's worse. Far more nutters, and without the scrutiny of the law to hunt them down - you wouldn't know if an attack on any of the jurors would have been tacitly condoned by the government (ffs) had they returned a not guilty verdict. If someone had, would justice be served for them? Would anyone care? Doubtful.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Islander wrote:

Justice as a mechanism was served but as in all serious cases, the mechanism doesn't bring the victim back or remove the grief from their friends and relatives. It's hopefully a part of an overall process that will lead to some improvements in the system that failed them.

If that's right wing then colour me Ghengis Razz

Oh spare me. Justice was served? That trial was as much a show trial as anything done by Putin with Alexei Nalvalny or China's Hong Kong trials or Russia in the cold war. He was going to be found guilty whatever. Maybe he was guilty but the result of that trial was preordained and if you don't think the jurors were under extreme pressure to find a total guilty verdict you are more naive than Pooh bear.

It was a trial. Evidence was presented along with opinions the same as any other trial. The jurors were given clear written guidance (I've linked that in an earlier post) and were sequestered to prevent access to news, social media and other interference.

The prosecution made a good enough case to convince the jury that had to convict on a unanimous decision - not a majority, that they should convict on all charges.

Throwing ad hominem insults around weakens your argument by the way.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
I do believe the jury overlooked the fact that he was able to speak while claiming he cannot breathe, meaning he wasn't being choked at that time.

There's a massive difference between hands around the neck strangulation and positional asphyxiation. In the former the airflow is effectively shut off in the latter it's significantly reduced. It doesn't take much air to say "I can't breathe" and exhalation in that position is easier than inhalation. The reduced airflow would have led to eventual unconsciousness and if maintained then death which is what happened.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
we aren't talking mafia level organised crime here after all.

In some ways it's worse. Far more nutters, and without the scrutiny of the law to hunt them down - you wouldn't know if an attack on any of the jurors would have been tacitly condoned by the government (ffs) had they returned a not guilty verdict. If someone had, would justice be served for them? Would anyone care? Doubtful.

Ah, we've moved from debate to fantasy have we? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

A description of your whole life Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wNpsPEso
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ

Can't believe this is 5 years old - and we're still hearing the same old rhetoric Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

A description of your whole life Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wNpsPEso

You still haven't given your reasons...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

If I respected your views, I might bother to Razz

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

If I respected your views, I might bother to Razz

Weak. Very, very weak indeed. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message seems to be the police shouldn't involve themselves in Black affairs with regards to the stabby girl that got shot. One would think if the cops were really racist they just wouldn't turn up to calls in Black neighbourhoods and leave them to it Thinking

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:20 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually everything I've seen (and agree with) is that the stabby stabby girl is unfortunate but she asked of it.

It's not like she was shot in the back in a summary execution whilst running away.....

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Actually everything I've seen (and agree with) is that the stabby stabby girl is unfortunate but she asked of it.

Oh please:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31306343/lebron-james-explains-why-deleted-tweet-police-shooting-makhia-bryant

LeBron James
@KingJames
·
14h
I’m so damn tired of seeing Black people killed by police. I took the tweet down because its being used to create more hate -This isn’t about one officer. it’s about the entire system and they always use our words to create more racism. I am so desperate for more ACCOUNTABILITY

tweet by James showed a photo of officer Nicholas Reardon, who is white, with an accompanying caption, "YOU'RE NEXT #ACCOUNTABILITY," along with an hourglass emoji, on Wednesday.

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a36191112/makhia-bryant-shooting/

Demonstrators are demanding justice.
By 8:30 p.m. the day of the shooting, around 50 people had gathered with megaphones, Black Lives Matter signs, and loudspeakers at the crime scene. Countless more marched the streets toward Columbus police headquarters, chanting "Say her name, Ma’Khia Bryant." Others are demonstrating across the nation.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/21/989556698/makhia-bryant-police-identify-officer-who-shot-teen-release-video-footage?t=1619100882353

Bystanders began yelling at Reardon, saying he didn't have to use his gun.

"She had a knife. She just went at her," Reardon says.

"She's a f***ing kid, man! Damn, are you stupid?" a man standing nearby replies.

"Bottom line: Did Ma'Khia Bryant need to die yesterday?" Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther said.

Never mind the fact she was in full backswing and about to bury that knife into someone else eh.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:33 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a more objective view?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56825871

Iti cludes the quote from the Colombia mayor confirming that the shot was justified

You’ll note that LeBron said he tweeted in anger and has since deleted it..

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 15:37 - 22 Apr 2021; edited 1 time in total

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A woman identified in local media as Ms Bryant's aunt said her niece was simply defending herself after being attacked.

Hazel Bryant was quoted by local TV station WSYX-TV as saying: "She was a good kid. Yeah, she had issues, but that's OK. She didn't deserve to die like a dog on the street."

Speaking to local broadcaster WBNS-TV, Ma'Khia Bryant's mother, Paula Bryant, said she was "hurt" by what had happened and that her daughter was a "loving girl".

"This shouldn't have happened," she said, adding: "I want answers."

Yup, real balanced.

Le Bron straight out there inciting violence and protests going off all over the place.

Yeah, everyone's accepted that 'she had it coming' Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:38 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeBron has stated he 'tweeted in anger and has deleted his tweet.

Try reading the whole article.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Quote:
I’m so damn tired of seeing Black people killed by police. I took the tweet down because its being used to create more hate -This isn’t about one officer. it’s about the entire system and they always use our words to create more racism. I am so desperate for more ACCOUNTABILITY

Yeah, he's totally cooled that one off Nobby.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:42 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I say, read the whole article.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:43 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Considering people have been crucified for what they said/tweeted/facebooked 10 years+ ago he should have known better and needs to be held to account whether he deleted it or not.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Like I say, read the whole article.

For the avoidance of doubt so you don't just keep repeating yourself - I have read the whole article.

I've also read - and quoted - the tweet that race baiting violence inciting dickhead with a few bazillion twitter followers stuck out after deleting the tweet (and, indeed, I posted it before your post about reading the whole article, if you wanted more evidence that I do indeed understand the context') - do you honestly think that's some sort of an acceptable apology to that officer for sticking an egg timer on his life? Do you think it goes far enough to say - you know what - the officer acted to prevent a murder happening right in front of his eyes and should be praised for his actions? Do you think his tweet might just promote a shit load more hate for the coppers desperately trying to do their job and keep people safe?

It's ridiculous that we're even having this conversation.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:01 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he said in the replacement tweet that he deleted it because he didn't want to cause more hate and it wasn't about a particular occasion but the general attitude.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Actually he said in the replacement tweet that he deleted it because he didn't want to cause more hate and it wasn't about a particular occasion but the general attitude.

Not about one officer after tweeting 'your next'? with a picture of said officer.

My my, how to backtrack and wheedle your way out of incitement charges which should happen but won't because he's black and it would be racist.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:18 - 22 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast majority consider this one to be appropriate use of force.

Unlike the guy who was shot in the back whilst running away yesterday
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 129 of 184