Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki GSX1100G Carburetors

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

gandy666
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 25 Apr 2021    Post subject: Suzuki GSX1100G Carburetors Reply with quote

Hi there

I've had problem with my Suzuki GSX1100g idling, for some time.
Carbs came off last week and it turns out the air mix screws were put in by Popeye. Trying to get them drilled out at the moment, but if this is not possible, does anyone know which other carbs will fit?

They are 36mm Mikinu BST36 CV's. Set of four. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get the screws out, or recommend an engineering firm who can remove without destroying the bodies?

Even better, has anyone got a set they may wish to part with? I'll swap the jets etc over. Mines are perfect, apart from the airmix screws being jammed in.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 25 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the air screws have been tightened that hard then the carb bodies will be f@@ked anyway as the tapered part of the screw will have spread the hole in the body,

GSXR1100 K/L, GSX1100F all use 36mm bodies.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 25 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mylarballoonsfan wrote:
GSXR1100 K/L, GSX1100F all use 36mm bodies.

Doesn't the L have 40mm? not certain just checking.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

Doesn't the L have 40mm? not certain just checking.

They started with the 40mm on the M model as far as I know. My L has BST 36's for certain.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a set of bandit 12 carbs on my G.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
JackButler This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Teflonian waffling bollocks

Im amazed, you managed to type so much and have almost NONE of it be anywhere near the truth... maybe you should stick to bullshitting in random banter not the workshop section. Rolling Eyes
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:27 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the teffers out of interest? Has he got the covids? We should be told (in less than 500 words ideally)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1