Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 01:09 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raza wrote:
I am genuinely glad that you have made money from crypto-assets.

From what you have said earlier, it appears to me that you understand the risks and know what you are doing. That's great it works for you.

It's like any industry when you know what you are doing.

You recognize that some people go into buying crypto-coins and getting scammed. In the thread above I was highlighting the risks.

I tend to respond badly when I am being patronized. You know how it is. Anyway, I'll try not to be so smug in future if you'll stop swearing all the fucking time.

Yeah definitely, people get scammed all the time but it's due to incompetence and lack of education mostly.

I also respond badly to this kind of stuff because I see so much incorrect speculation on the topic and people going "You're trying to scam people it's all fake!" without delving into it in any length, so I apologise to you for coming at you guns blazing.

There was another guy in another thread on this forum who was utterly convinced that none of us crypto lot had a clue what we were doing and that it was an outright scam/ponzi scheme, so I think it was the left over rage from that seeping out Laughing

I just want everyone to succeed and I don't want fear and misinformation to take hold of people because I've seen this stuff turn normal everyday people from being unable to support their families to fully being able to feed everyone under their roof and pay for that life-changing surgery that their loved one has been desperately waiting for on NHS waiting lists. (That's going to be my dad lol).

I also went from speculation to fully believing this is a revolutionary tech. I'm the most sceptical person you'll meet but I think this is as big as the internet was when it was new back in the day.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raza wrote:
Sorry Pjay but that is not correct.

For example, you may invest in a house, its value collapses and you cannot sell it. However, you still have somewhere to live.

We were not talking about physical money. In fact, we were not talking about money at all.

If your bank goes bankrupt then the Bank of England will step in and compensate you up to quite a high amount £85,000. If you gamble on Bitcoin and it goes belly up then you're screwed.

Mining and Blockchain are the techniques used to shroud crypto-assets with smoke-and-mirrors to hide the fact that you have a share of nothing.

I hope this helps you.

You are making a rather poor comparison. Any currency can deflate to 0. Take a look at the German Mark for example.

Mining and the Blockchain perform a function. Like I said, just because you don't understand it, it doesn't matter to the rest of the world.

Next question?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 26 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind the boring stuff (which I won't pretend to understand). Elvis/Keyser Soze appears to have left the building... What an interesting character/creation. Strange heraldic profile thing, CB500, wants to get into long distance touring, interested in the TT, possibly with some knowledge of engines too. Was he a commentary on us all, or just a slightly odd individual like most of us? Like I said, I won't pretend to understand what a Bitcoin is. Nevertheless, I was enjoying reading the discussion.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

Interesting. Can you pay food and utility bills with crypto?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 02:48 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Meef wrote:

No, not all of my net worth is in crypto. I've sold enough crypto to never work again but still have an active portfolio in crypto.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Yes, in the same sense that you can pay them with Euros or Dollars.
There's a like for like conversion to £ Sterling as with all currencies.

This doesn't make any of them a pain to use for buying everything you will ever need.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3