Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Extinction Rebellion or how not to win an argument

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:17 - 27 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Austrian, they do a good tyrant.

Ja wohl.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

I'm sure he was just misunderstood.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If he had won, the worlds problems we have right now, wouldn't exist for sure.

Sometimes it does make me wonder if we'd be happier or not.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Rebel wrote:

/\ You are the most woke on the forum and I claim my five Reichsmarks.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The winner writes the rules. The winner writes history. We wouldn't have known any different.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The Man in the High Castle?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Happier under authoritarianism? It could have been Hitler, it could have been Stalin. Either way, millions died in pursuit of the respective utopias.
Problem with the woke lot is, they make my generation feel that we may as well have not fought the Cold War at all, and just invited Uncle Joe in to run things for us. I wonder how many of us would have been seen to be excess baggage?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 28 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Pjay wrote:

Happier under authoritarianism? It could have been Hitler, it could have been Stalin. Either way, millions died in pursuit of the respective utopias.
Problem with the woke lot is, they make my generation feel that we may as well have not fought the Cold War at all, and just invited Uncle Joe in to run things for us. I wonder how many of us would have been seen to be excess baggage?

Well the good news is the "Woke Mob" are the first against the wall, come the revolution Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's worse than Climate Change C*nts? Vegan Climate Change C*nts:

McDonald's: Animal rights group blockades depots, activists say

FFS how bad has it got when I'm siding with McDonalds Evil or Very Mad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
What's worse than Climate Change C*nts? Vegan Climate Change C*nts:

McDonald's: Animal rights group blockades depots, activists say

FFS how bad has it got when I'm siding with McDonalds Evil or Very Mad

Consider your intersectionality Laughing

Ideally, let them blockade McD's, and as they do it, blow the whole lot into oblivion - two birds an' all that Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it supposed to be about soya beans used in animal feed or palm oil.
Both of those are big favs with vegans who think buying food from all round the globe is better than what can be produced from grass in our own livestock friendly climate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logic doesn't work on cult members. The only solution is to isolate and deprogram.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Logic doesn't work on cult members. The only solution is to isolate and deprogram.

If, as in Portland Oregon, and a few other places, they haven't learned by living among the shiteholes they've created, how can they be deprogrammed?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If, as in Portland Oregon, and a few other places, they haven't learned by living among the shiteholes they've created, how can they be deprogrammed?

In the US they're not learning because they're all in The Cathedral choir singing the hymns of the fascist government. The only hope would be intervention from friends & family.

Not the same problem here in the UK so government re-education camps should be set up. We import everything else from China anyway.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Not the same problem here in the UK so government re-education camps should be set up. We import everything else from China anyway.

I think it is the same problem here, but we're just not yet at such an advanced stage. The disease is in the institutions - the education system is where it's coming from. So short of firing every teacher, lecturer, admin. person etc...and then you've still got wherever it is that these people are trained. So you have your reeducation camps, and meanwhile, the system is still pumping out newly infected victims of the looney ideology.

Can't remember who said it, but someone suggested the only solution is to build new institutions to run parallel, and then people will see how much better these and the people that go through them do, or at the very least, you'll have the choice.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Can't remember who said it, but someone suggested the only solution is to build new institutions to run parallel, and then people will see how much better these and the people that go through them do, or at the very least, you'll have the choice.

im surprised homeschooling isnt on the rise here. or is that another freedom that has been taken from us?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

im surprised homeschooling isnt on the rise here. or is that another freedom that has been taken from us?

Home schooling is helpful, but what when your kids are off to university, which seems to be where the worst of the problem is? And for many parents it just isn't practical - they have to work etc. Then you have parents who just wouldn't be any good at it, many of whom wouldn't be able to afford to hire private tutors. I just don't think it's a long term solution.

I do wonder how bad the problem is here at the moment. I wonder how many parents are being surprised by what kind of things their kids come home from school saying. I really don't know. You hear things on an anecdotal scale, but...?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:06 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

It is on the rise here.

But there is no official national data on the number of home educated children and estimates vary widely.

"There has been a huge rise in the number of children removed from school to be home educated, with many parents saying they were driven by Covid fears.

A survey of 151 local councils by the Association of Directors of Children's Services suggests the number of home-schooled children in England rose 38%.

The ADCS estimates as many as 75,668 children were home educated on 1 October, up from 54,656 a year earlier.

Local councils said fear about Covid-19 was the top reason parents gave.

Several councils said many families had told them they were intending to send their children back to school once their concerns over the pandemic and its risks were alleviated.

Others reported that some parents said they had made the decision because they felt so positively about having their children home during the closure of regular schools between March and July.

The ADCS has carried out a comparable survey of its members in 151 local authorities in England on home education, every year since 2014 when it was about 23,000.

This year members from 133 councils responded to the survey. A total of 66,648 children were registered for Elective Home Education (EHE) on 1 October (school census day).

The researchers extrapolated these figures across the remaining 18 local authorities to come to the estimate of 75,668 children being home educated.

Overall, the latest official government figures suggest there were 8.89 million children registered in schools in England in 2020.

Parents have a legal right to home educate their children, instead of sending them to school. Many do this for philosophical, ethical or religious reasons.

Others home educate as a last resort due to lack of support for special educational or mental health needs.

But children's services bosses are also concerned that removing a child from school takes them out children out of sightline of children's services, creating a safeguarding risk in a small number of cases.

Local authorities have a duty to ensure children are receiving a suitable education, but there is no statutory register of children with Elective Home Education."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55004924

Same story in 2018...

"The number of children being homeschooled has risen by about 40% over three years, the BBC has found.

Across the UK 48,000 children were being home-educated in 2016-17, up from about 34,000 in 2014-15.

Mental health issues and avoiding exclusion are two reasons parents gave for removing children from classrooms.

The government will publish new guidance on the "rights and responsibilities on home education" but councils want more monitoring powers.

They are concerned about the quality of the education homeschooled children receive as well as "safeguarding" issues, such as the ability to properly protect children from abuse or maltreatment.

Dr Carrie Herbert, the founder of a charity for children outside mainstream education, said the rise in homeschooling suggested "something quite tragic about the state of the education system".

She said she was concerned some parents might also feel pressured into home-schooling their children to avoid exclusion or prosecution over poor attendance."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42624220

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 22 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also Public Schools (a confusing term which actually means private schools for anyone outside the UK) and academies. This hints that the rot goes higher than State schools and starts with the local education authority (the Councils.)

I've mentioned this before but if we don't get a handle on all this nonsense soon we'll be looking at V for Vendetta* rather than 1984 Sad

*The US slides into a mire of moral degeneracy and the UK "survives" with a Far-Right totalitarian government. The backdrop being a global pandemic.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest candidate likely to be suicided, the former head of Greenpeace:

https://youtu.be/jJ5oHByFPU4

tl;dr Climate Change is the world's largest grift Shocked

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 13 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

M25 junctions blocked by Insulate Britain campaigners.

I’m genuinely surprised (and disappointed) they didn’t get a good kicking from commuters while the rainbow police service were deciding what to do.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I’m genuinely surprised (and disappointed) they didn’t get a good kicking from commuters while the rainbow police service were deciding what to do.

IF they want to insultae Britain, just put some cork on the coast, like Ireland. Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:42 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I'm sure they would if they tried it in a lot of Northern towns.
They all look like pasty faced Vegans anyway and would just fall in a heap on the verge if prodded gently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:40 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they're back again. Rolling Eyes

"Drivers were involved in a four-way smash on the M25 as Insulate Britain activists blocked several junctions of the busy motorway for their climate change message.

Surrey Police said 25 Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion activists had been arrested just after 10am on Wednesday.

The force said: “We are also dealing with a road traffic collision at Junction 9 of the M25 involving four vehicles.

“Police, fire service and ambulances are currently on the scene.”

A police spokeswoman confirmed that all protesters have been arrested and are no longer on the carriage way.

Dozens of activists from Insulate Britain, which is demanding Government action on home insulation, stopped traffic at two sections of Britain's busiest motorway on Wednesday for the second time in three days.

They targeted Junction 23 for South Mimms in Hertfordshire and the main carriageway from Junction 8 at Reigate to Junction 9 at Leatherhead, both in Surrey, at around 8am.

Demonstrators sat on the road, while stranded motorists beeped their horns.

Videos posted on social media show angry drivers remonstrating with the activists."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m25-climate-change-protesters-junction-23-police-arrested-b955371.html

Videos including of them super gluing themselves to the M25. Rolling Eyes https://news.sky.com/story/m25-traffic-climate-change-protesters-block-parts-of-motorway-for-second-time-in-three-days-12408421

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 15 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
And they're back again. Rolling Eyes

"Drivers were involved in a four-way smash on the M25 as Insulate Britain activists blocked several junctions of the busy motorway for their climate change message.

Surrey Police said 25 Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion activists had been arrested just after 10am on Wednesday.

The force said: “We are also dealing with a road traffic collision at Junction 9 of the M25 involving four vehicles.

“Police, fire service and ambulances are currently on the scene.”

A police spokeswoman confirmed that all protesters have been arrested and are no longer on the carriage way.

Dozens of activists from Insulate Britain, which is demanding Government action on home insulation, stopped traffic at two sections of Britain's busiest motorway on Wednesday for the second time in three days.

They targeted Junction 23 for South Mimms in Hertfordshire and the main carriageway from Junction 8 at Reigate to Junction 9 at Leatherhead, both in Surrey, at around 8am.

Demonstrators sat on the road, while stranded motorists beeped their horns.

Videos posted on social media show angry drivers remonstrating with the activists."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m25-climate-change-protesters-junction-23-police-arrested-b955371.html

Videos including of them super gluing themselves to the M25. Rolling Eyes https://news.sky.com/story/m25-traffic-climate-change-protesters-block-parts-of-motorway-for-second-time-in-three-days-12408421

I do like watching videos of when the Extinction Rebellion crew stopped some trains and received a kicking from the general public who just wanted to go home.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 29 of 55