Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

You prepare yourself for THAT phone call....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 09 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the desperation at the time that kind of shocks one into dumbness.

I think our minds can disconnect a little to help us cope and still sort of function.

Then we can grieve a little whenever we feel like it and for ever after.

I never get over parent's, family and friend's deaths, it's always with me I hope.

Make the best of what our parents left us with is what we should do.

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:28 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere condolences to you Andy.

JackButler wrote:

What was that song . . . I'm sure I heard his voice echo in my babys newborn tears" ?

Mike and the Mechanics-In the Living Years, co written by BA Robertson, that line referred to his child, reference his father. It holds a lot of meaning for me, reminds me of my dad, I still miss him deeply, but the pain lessens overtime.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 10 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nearly two years since my Mum died, still feels odd. I miss her cakes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:00 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to update (and put to bed) this thread..... slightly drunk, so waffling and probably not making much sense... sorry in advance.

From the death certificate, the best I can make out my mum had a stroke, (Complications of cerebrovascular disease), so hopefully in the end she didn't suffer (unlike the way she was tortured by my dad in her final years).

So I know I've met a few of you in real life, the rest are just pixels on a screen, so all of you take this as drunken waffling.

A couple of days after my mums death I had to endure 2 hours of my dad insulting my mum, because he still held a grudge after 40+ years of her being raped, he got it in to his head that after that incident she was out fucking every guy she laid eyes on.....

At the moment, I still can't mourn the loss of my mum because I'm pissed off at my dad for A) telling me all this shit and b) he's still holding a grudge about all the other stuff that may or may not have happened after this length of time.

Basically I feel guilty that I haven't felt bad and shed a tear that my mum has gone.... I think about that phone call, I think about how she looked in her bed when I seen her*, seeing this stooped scrap of a woman compared to what I remember.... maybe I just didn't associate that shell with my mum.

* So my mum fought to the very end and had the fortune of passing in her own bed, am I the only one that thinks it's a bit sick that my dad is still sleeping in the same bed without so much as changing the sheets?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:11 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:

Basically I feel guilty that I haven't felt bad and shed a tear that my mum has gone.... I think about that phone call, I think about how she looked in her bed when I seen her*, seeing this stooped scrap of a woman compared to what I remember.... maybe I just didn't associate that shell with my mum.

There's no right and wrong way to handle bereavement. Don't beat yourself up.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, look at the up-side.
You got to video chat with me Laughing
(a privilege endowed upon very few)

Sometimes grief comes in fits and starts, and you're working some of it out by just writing it down. Expressing it is as much a part of coping with it as anything.
Go with the flow, chap. Karma Thumbs Up

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:54 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your loss, and no there's nothing wrong with not crying much.

I lost my cousin Jacqueline two years ago (aged 57) on April 28th, my mum passed away three days later on May 1st (tomorrow) ... she would have been 83 on the 3rd.

It was the worst and best day of my life ... the three of us (kids) got to spend the entire day with her in hospital, laughing and crying with her before she slipped away.

Like you, I didn't cry much ... she had a really shit time with health issue over the last 5 years of her life, so to see her not in pain anymore made it easier ... even her wrinkles seemed to disappear.

I still say goodnight to her and tell her I love her .... maybe, one day we'll meet again Smile

So, ignore what anyone else thinks and remember your mum in the way you want to Thumbs Up

All the best ... Barry

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earth to planet Andy, just checking you are kicking along ok?

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Earth to planet Andy, just checking you are kicking along ok?

As always, just sorting out loads of other shit going on at the moment.... one step at a time and all that eh
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2