Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 29 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shares assuming the company has real profitable activity are at least representative of an interest in something with concrete value. Something like dogecoin though really is just crap.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 30 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
bladerunner wrote:
I started buying and selling shares about 18 months ago. got lucky with tesla, cashed out and kept the profits in stocks. its game money as i have my original cash back in my pocket. Anyhow seeing as its free money I have been interested in all this crypto talk and crazy rises and drops so when dogecoin was at its peak a few weeks back i bought £100 at its then peak knowing it was most likely to crash and burn.

But i had some skin in the game and could play the game. Sure enough it dropped as expected over the next 2 weeks then a few days ago it was at 175% of what I paid and cashed in as you do! I like crypto now......24/7 trading and boy you need to keep an eye on what its doing A LOT!!

What trading platform do you use?

I went with bitpanda as dogecoin was a PITA to purchase. if you wanted to cash out then it cost you £2 plus 2% of the transaction in fees...however they now also do stocks and shares as of last week so thats made it easier. I did buy another £2k in tesla shares today as it was in cash in my freetrade account anyhow and tesla was at a low just after a great earnings this month..already up £100 on the day which is odd as friday is usually a sell day, and fingers crossed the next big factorys for tesla being giga germany and china coming on line fully this next quarter could make tesla shares up again this year? I did sell most of my tesla shares back at $753

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:09 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Shares assuming the company has real profitable activity are at least representative of an interest in something with concrete value. Something like dogecoin though really is just crap.

If you want to compare crypto to an existing asset class, it is more like a commodity than stocks and shares but its function, rather than being a material is the functinality it provides. Global instant (ish) transfer of value.

Dogecoin is proof the market is still completely irrational and that is just one of many. There are a lot of projects that look legit that are in the top 100 but should not be based on their actual usage or even future potential usage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
Congrats Thumbs Up

Are you trading cryptos (day / swing etc) rather than investing, or something else?

I have longer term investments in cryptos that I feel will do well, but most of the stuff I trade are ERC20 tokens with strong fundamentals. A lot of it is buying the rumor & selling the news.

I spend a lot of my time talking to people in Telegram and networking through crypto Twitter in order to find projects that are worthwhile looking into.

jump on Ethereum. It's currently undervalued even at #2 in the crypto market cap rankings.

Fair play! To find something that fires the imagination to immerse yourself into, to change ones life. Fantastic Thumbs Up

I will confess to say I believed "the system" would step in and block the purchasing power of cryptos. They couldn't control their existence, but they could largely control their use.
But so far they haven't. In fact, the big American investment banks have been in on it for a bit now too and growing. And while I've sat still, the market has exploded. NFT's I've just heard of, but they are changing hands for $500k+
I've followed a Wallstreet guy from 2000 and trust his views more than my own. He was a traditional stocks guy (still is) but has been buying Etherium for 18 months all the while I and most sat on the side lines.

Anyone can say something is wrong, or shouldn't be. The market has a way of humbling.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 17 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

All gone quiet in here..... whos dumping the lot Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
All gone quiet in here..... whos dumping the lot Laughing

People who put money into a highly speculative investment that they can't afford to lose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 18 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not dumping but im sick of hearing of Elon Musk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Page 55 of 55