Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 690, 691, 692 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 05 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water Aid. I’m puzzled as to why (mainly the young and the women) residents of the “cradle of humanity” have to trek miles to fetch “filthy” drinking water, and why I’m constantly urged on TV to give money to a third party so they wont have to. Nobody is talking about drought in this context. Move closer, dig wells, boil it. Why isn’t this a lesson already learned?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:56 - 05 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Water Aid. I’m puzzled as to why (mainly the young and the women) residents of the “cradle of humanity” have to trek miles to fetch “filthy” drinking water, and why I’m constantly urged on TV to give money to a third party so they wont have to. Nobody is talking about drought in this context. Move closer, dig wells, boil it. Why isn’t this a lesson already learned?

You, me & a few others know why.

Let's leave it there shall we, & bide our time . . .

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:49 - 05 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
hellkat wrote:
*wonders vaguely why Paddy pours water onto his PC but as the whole concept of water vapour deionised blah blah is all too much for this peanut brain today, continues on to look at the pretty flowers and clouds*

He doesn't pour it on it, he cools it via pipes and radiator and fans with it - exactly the same way you cool a car / bike with it.

Just a bit more nerdy and slightly more careful with leaks Very Happy

Although in theory if it is 100% pure, totally de-ionised water, it wouldn't do any damage if you did pour it over your computer.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Although in theory if it is 100% pure, totally de-ionised water, it wouldn't do any damage if you did pour it over your computer.

But it would do you damage if you drank it....

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:05 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

Making the water potable isn't a priority in the industrial process that churns out de-ionised stuff.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Pete. wrote:

Making the water potable isn't a priority in the industrial process that churns out de-ionised stuff.

If it's pure as described then it's potable. Deionised water would be safe to drink anyway - it's produced from clean water after all. Of course if you drank too much of any water you'd suffer damage.

Oh and if you drank enough heavy water then you'd also be in trouble Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water on ship which we drank was distilled water made from seawater with evaporators. There was no difference with what we drank and what went into the boilers.

That's why we drank lots of beer.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m having bit of a clear-out and need to go to the local tip recycling centre, but the website says there’s a two and a half hour queue! Apparently an hour isn't unusual. WTF? Are people picnicking there or something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I’m having bit of a clear-out and need to go to the local tip recycling centre, but the website says there’s a two and a half hour queue! Apparently an hour isn't unusual. WTF? Are people picnicking there or something?

Our Cooncil Whankirs now want us to book in private vans and single axle trailers before arriving at the recycling places.

And we are limited to 12 trips per year.
I think that is the best way to curb Fly Tiling that any tucker has ever dreamt up.

The savings they will spend on country road lifts is exponential.

I don't think these arseholes are ever competently audited.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Our Cooncil Whankirs now want us to book in private vans and single axle trailers before arriving at the recycling places.

I think that is the best way to curb Fly Tiling that any tucker has ever dreamt up.

We are similar, pre book only and vans and trailers have to go to the industrial dump and pay for the pleasure. Pikeys I'm sure adhere to that. Rolling Eyes
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:46 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
MCN wrote:

It's the nature of the bell curve. Enough dummies will find positions where they can make decisions that affect others.
Anyway, fly tipping is at horrible levels thanks to having to 'book an appointment' to put a chair in a skip.

Wud make ye boak.

Not the jew curve then?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 06 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seasoned logs at 20% not 30% which my current supplier has banged a 50% cost increase on.

Boils my piss this green crap - the moisture content of logs will be whatever the ambient moisture content is. WHether they have been Kiln Dried or not - if you store them outside even under cover it makes no fecking difference.

So you can burn logs that were Kiln Dried a year ago and are now no longer Kiln Dried. If they're going to get all wanky about moisture content they need to regulate where logs are stored at peoples privatre residences.

Good luck with that.

New supplier found and ordered from at less than the price i was previously paying.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This advert and the bloke (a probable queer) who features in it..

£700 to look like a cvnt - yeah right.
https://www.belstaff.co.uk/dw/image/v2/BDNW_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-belstaff_master_catalog/default/dwfa510335/products/MCGREGOR_PRO_JACKET_VINTAGE_BLACK_41051022C61N043190085_LK.jpg

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long way up where Thinking

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The fact you're asking makes you fresh meat Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

[ img ]

Neck tatoos used to mean 'dont fuck with me, they'll never find the body'. Now it means 'let me talk to you about my vegan steak pop up restaurant'.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
A100man wrote:

[ img ]

Neck tatoos used to mean 'dont fuck with me, they'll never find the body'. Now it means 'let me talk to you about my vegan steak pop up restaurant'.

Well, quite. Reminds me of the sort of weasley turd who'd get beaten up by the lockers at school.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

I suspect these jackets and thier like are like Range Rovers/Land Rovers in that they'll mostly be used for posing.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Well, quite. Reminds me of the sort of weasley turd who'd get beaten up by the lockers at school.

Some aggressive lockers at your school?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 07 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The Gary.

(I hope that helps.)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Some of the seniors on here will remember back in the day when Belstaff were cheap as chips riding gear, used to stink and left greasy marks everywhere. Horrible but practical at the same time...

The better wax cotton was the Barbour International which I see you can still buy for £250. Makes no sense!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No posts exist for this topic. What's that all about? Confused

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:11 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
No posts exist for this topic. What's that all about? Confused

It's an enemy mode that only some of us have access to.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 690, 691, 692 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 691 of 698