BCF: Bike Chat Forums

First proper bike - Speed Twin ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:58 - 19 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

if RE did a blacked out bike id have probably considered one for my first bike, i just dont like all that chrome, and i want a bike i want to ride when i look at it, the Triumph would have to be the black version too

also they seem very low on power, they did a colours update recently and i was hoping for a black version but no joy, ive heard they corrode quite quickly too

was near set on leaving a deposit today on a T120 black but they dont have any MY20 left which were discounted in the colour i wanted, the MY21 models dont have heated grips, or centre stand, no 'promo' discount which was offered on the MY20, and they are also a bit more expensive anyway, so they have increased the price and took away 2 features

ive found a low mileage one which is an option but not heard back from the dealer yet

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:16 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive now passed my Mod1 ! 2nd attempt, nerves got the better of me the first go

ive also got a deposit down on a T120 Black

fingers crossed my Mod2 goes ok, not yet booked but I have a lesson on Friday so might be booked after that

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and well done on the MOD1 Smile

T120 is a lovely first bike. There's a guy called Freddie Dobbs on Youtube that has a T120 and has done a few videos on it. I found him because of the R NineT content so I haven't watched the T120 stuff - honest / down to earth kind of guy by the looks of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVyAGlGMhIY

Might be worth a watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:43 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, so glad I never had to do a Mod1 ever again, very stressful

Yea I have recently started to follow that guy, seems good, I like Motobob too, he has just done some RNineT content iirc

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is stressful, otoh, if you could just do it without the pressure of scrutiny, it'd be several magnitudes easier. In other words, the actual manoeuvrings of the test itself are not at all difficult. And they're also available to browse and therefore practice as well - courtesy of Govt. websites and YouTube, etc. etc.

All this is admittedly a damn sight easier if you've got a 125 on L plates, and can properly go through it - all the slow machine stuff, slalom, u-turn, pushing and parking, doing it all in the order required, with all the necessary shoulder checks and observations. But I think, for most people, getting out there on a 125 for a few months is a Good Idea.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:31 - 12 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea the day before my 2nd mod1, i must have done 100 figure of 8's on my 125 for practice on a local car park

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:00 - 12 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
There's a guy called Freddie Dobbs on Youtube that has a T120 and has done a few videos on it.

Thanks for the Freddie Dobbs link. Very entertaining. Informative.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2