Noms

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:

You're just taking the piss now you sadistic bastard.
you're only doing it to torment us folk on low carb diets incha?

INCHA?

Evil or Very Mad

I don't do low-carbs . . . sounds like some sort of torture. When I've been climbing in the Cairngorms, my favourite meal at the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore is macaroni cheese, garlic bread and chips (and a wee bit of salad) washed down with copious beers. Meanwhile I've indulged in a macaroni cheese sandwich at the Wensleydale Creamery's cafe, although even for me that was a bit much.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 25 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised at how easily I've taken to low carbs. Ask me two years ago, I would never imagine not allowing myself to have macaroni cheese, steak bakes, or cheese on toast.

But I'd still eat the whole loaf of that potato bread, it wouldnt get a chance to go cold, I'd be after it with huge dollops of butter and marmite. Wub

And then blob around going "flubadubafluba" for a few days Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:10 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
And then blob around going "flubadubafluba" for a few days Laughing

Exactly what I am doing right now, becomes a right tubby little shit, but I love the pizza... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:

I don't do low-carbs . . . sounds like some sort of torture.

Not at all.

Today I've made lamb burger sauce (chunks of broken up lamb burger, shallots, tomato puree, tin of tomatoes, chilli oil) ...

... and am having it with spinach cooked in coconut cream and gentle spices (cardomom, sumac, bayleaf).

Neither was difficult to make.
In fact, it was frozen spinach which made it even more effortless. I just chucked all the ingredients in and simmered the fuck out of them for an hour or two, to get the flavours.

Its extremely rich, even though I drained off a good dollop of lamb fat which came off the burgers.

You could add spuds, pasta or rice or yes, you could even put it in a sandwich (once you drain off all the gloopy sauce). But its also perfectly good to eat on its own, just the chunks of meat with a bit of the tomato sauce and some spinach.

There's loads of it, I shall have to box it up and freeze it and there are at least two well-padded meals in there.

While I was waiting, I buzzed some frozen cherries with the rest of the coconut cream and a bit of powdered sweetener, and made myself a smoothie. Like icecream, but a bit more liquid.

It's days like these I don't miss a bit of pasta or spud at ALL.

Although at the right time and place, a Macaroni Cheese sandwich really would float my boat Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 03 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
with spinach cooked in coconut cream and gentle spices (cardomom, sumac, bayleaf).

And also ... which is unbelievably yummy the next day, seared in hot bacon fat with fresh baby plummies Wub

meat and two veg
Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out, if you rinse a saucepan with hot water, stick it on the gas with four rashers of bacon in, and stir it about, the bacon breaks up and cooks.

Then if you tip in a whole bag of Asda squash & red pepper soup mix, stir it up a bit more to fry it in with the bacon, then add a dash of salt and two pints of water, leave it to simmer for an hour or so, and then mash it all up a bit with a potato masher, it makes a very nice bacon/veg soup indeed.

And a little smattering of grated cheese goes very nicely on the top.

#keto

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 10 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also turns out ...

If you stir fry a load of that strips-o-beef with a tablespoon of ginger paste and two crumbled red chillies, slosh in half a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (Keith Floyd is my spirit animal Laughing ) and a pint of chicken stock (because beef stock is too strong - chicken stock is light enough to sustain the flavour of the ginger), leave it to simmer for a bit.

Chuck in a bunch of chopped up broccoli, put lid on to steam, and then at the very last minute stir in a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter into the resulting gravy.

Tastes just like beef satay, and all the broccoli makes up for lack of rice to put it on.

Result.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics as I devoured it too quickly when I made this last night, but baked feta with toasted pittas is very moreish. Whatever size block of feta you want, but keep it as one lump, in the smallest oven-proof container it'll fit in (e.g. enamel pie tin), loads of olive oil over it, then sprinkle on the top chilli powder, paprika, dried oregano, black pepper and a touch of sea salt. Bake for around 15 mins at 180. Spread the resulting slightly gooey cheese and some of the flavoured oil into lightly toasted pittas. Nom indeed. Red wine would go well with this except we've not got any in.

First had it in a local Greek restaurant - they called it "Feta Zesta", but results on that name are a bit vague and it seemed simple enough so eventually managed to create something close by doing the above. Properly simple yet fantastically flavoured. Thumbs Up

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 18 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
No pics as I devoured it too quickly when I made this last night, but baked feta

I stopped reading just there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 20 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a bit of a passion for frozen berries at the moment.

They make great "ice cream" if you are patient enough to mash them into ricotta cheese.
And if you blitz them in a blender with a bit of milk, they are more like a sorbet.
Also perfect in porridge.

So here is tonight's very saucy keto pud which I would like to have fed to me from a silver spoon by midgets dressed in Venetian Carnevale outfits :

* Handful (20-ish) of blackcurrants, frozen - extracted from a bag of Wonky Berries (Morrisons), very useful bit of kit
* Suitable amount of sweetener
* Espresso cup of water

Give it all a bit of a stir and bang it in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Leave to stand for a while, mash around some more.
Pour on top of huge mountains of mascarpone cheese
Muller Corners can kiss my arse. Cool

Keto: its a special kind of decadence Wub

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 21 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supposed to be on a low carb diet, but everything that tastes his has carbs in it. Everything that is easy to cook has carbs in it. Everything that tastes like crap is low carbs. Cheap has carbs, priced for the woke or SJW low carb is expensive. I'm face because of my face and saying otherwise is racist. Just like Ste the Racist.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 09 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably way behind the times, as usual, but t'other day it was brought to my attention that such a thing as an omelette in a bag existed.
Today I made some with cheese, ham and tomato.
They don't look the most appetising but my word they tasted good.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 10 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint flavoured KitKat. 9 pack, wolfed the lot in 2 days. Addictive and only £1.50.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm probably way behind the times, as usual, but t'other day it was brought to my attention that such a thing as an omelette in a bag existed.

That sounds revolting and yet fascinating at the same time.
Does one microwave them? Or Thinking fry Thinking ?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, M.Skudd!!!

hellkat wrote:
Also turns out ...

If you stir fry a load of that strips-o-beef with a tablespoon of ginger paste and two crumbled red chillies, slosh in half a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (Keith Floyd is my spirit animal Laughing ) and a pint of chicken stock (because beef stock is too strong - chicken stock is light enough to sustain the flavour of the ginger), leave it to simmer for a bit.

Chuck in a bunch of chopped up broccoli, put lid on to steam, and then at the very last minute stir in a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter into the resulting gravy.

Tastes just like beef satay, and all the broccoli makes up for lack of rice to put it on.

Result.

That is low carb, very quick and easy (believe me, I am SUPER LAZY, even in the kitchen!) ... and incredibly yummy.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
recman wrote:

That sounds revolting and yet fascinating at the same time.
Does one microwave them? Or Thinking fry Thinking ?

Chuck all the usual omelette ingredients into a plastic sandwich bag, squish it all up, squeeze out any remaining air and seal.
Put it in a pot of boiling water for 15 to 20 mins.
Thats it! Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if you were starving in the jungle or something Rolling Eyes
Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 11 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1HzLDXXsA07zTA?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1HzLDQXsAsDIVN?format=jpg&name=large

2nd time I've made Harissa.

I'm good at something. Clapping
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 12 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I suppose if you were starving in the jungle or something Rolling Eyes
Laughing

I think its a military thing, right up your street.
The next time I make them I might stick them under the grill for the last few minutes.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 13 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back to that picture of the pre-blended harissa.
Awesome pic Cool

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 13 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
2nd time I've made Harissa.

Try asking her nicely next time. You never know - she might oblige if you're polite.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 13 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Maybe one day, but she's a Shropshire lass so it took years until she stopped putting pie n chips with every meal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did combine a tin of Baxters Cullen Skink with four bits of bacon.
It was truly a smokey overload of goodness. Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:28 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been enjoying my wild garlic pesto.

Had hazelnut and comte cheese made with cold pressed rapeseed oil last night.

Have also used parmesan, virgin olive oil, pumpkin seed and walnuts in varying combinations.

Had it stirred into fusilli pasta with sauted butterbeans and orange pepper for tea last night.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 20 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacon and brie omelette.

Low-carb done right Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4