WTF! Why is this happening?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:01 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I'm pretty sure it happens when someone goes back and edits/deletes a post somewhere in the thread that takes the page count below the highest one it reached.

I suspect because coders are lazy twats these days, they haven't allowed for this happening on the software update we're on. So the page count remains the same but there is no content on the highest numbered page.
Maybe someone should test it out?

Easiest way I can think is if you get that message, click on anything but the last page, post a quick reply then see if that reply is at the top of the last page.

Ok, that's not what happens because I deleted the above post when MCN pushed it onto two pages and it went back to one page only.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to check the 'content size' of a page? Is there a known limit? So next time a page is shown as not existing it could be checked if the previous (or properly last) page has reached 'full'? I'm sure it's just that a new page number is displayed at some point before the 'in use' page is actually full.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 24 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
I'm pretty sure it happens when someone goes back and edits/deletes a post somewhere in the thread that takes the page count below the highest one it reached.

I suspect because coders are lazy twats these days, they haven't allowed for this happening on the software update we're on. So the page count remains the same but there is no content on the highest numbered page.
Maybe someone should test it out?

Easiest way I can think is if you get that message, click on anything but the last page, post a quick reply then see if that reply is at the top of the last page.

Ok, that's not what happens because I deleted the above post when MCN pushed it onto two pages and it went back to one page only.

Yeah... I got that. Rolling Eyes

I had the 'page get' quite legally and above board.
Finding my post relegated to the bottom of the previous page with the others makes me look/feel like a complete fool. Embarassed

This is notice that I'll be PMing a mod about this shenanigans.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2