Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Smear, Subterfuge and Dom Cummings (and some CV19 stuff).

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
"Yehbut Labour" has been the go-to line for about a decade now.

Miliband was Tory Lite and nobody wanted that.

Corbyn was hard left and nobody wanted that.

Starmer is nobody-even-knows so nobody wants that.

So you’re saying people should vote Labour simply to keep the Tories out, despite not knowing or necessarily agreeing with Labour policies; or that the supposedly right-wing MSM have deceived us by describing recent iterations as Tory-lite, hard left and then the party of abstention, when all of which are plainly correct. Keep blaming everyone but the Labour Party itself.

Labour councillor Chris Emmas-Williams in Derbyshire after losing the May election wrote:
The voters have let us down.

Blaming Labour is the weakest, dumbest political cop-out imaginable, after 11 years of Conservative governance. Ah yes it must still be Labour's fault, always will be it seems.

I agree Starmer has made Labour completely unelectable, but that's another matter entirely. Tories are the ones fucking this country and millions of people seem too dumb to realise.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Labour were more electable with Corbyn?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Blaming Labour is the weakest, dumbest political cop-out imaginable, after 11 years of Conservative governance. Ah yes it must still be Labour's fault, always will be it seems.

I agree Starmer has made Labour completely unelectable, but that's another matter entirely. Tories are the ones fucking this country and millions of people seem too dumb to realise.

And Corbyn, and Miliband..., maybe Blair too, ultimately.

So you’re seriously saying the electorate didn’t understand Labour’s message because of a biased media? And if they had they’d have lapped it up?

The Labour Party won’t recover until the current crop make way for a more rational cohort.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I’m blaming Labour for not being a viable opposition, and it’s no use them saying they’d have done a better job than the government if they couldn’t convince the electorate of that. Even in hindsight the electorate have said, “Nah! Would prefer Tory.” In a period with so many open goals the inability of the Lib Dems and the Labour Party to hit the target just screams “incompetence.” Yet “Vote Labour”?? No ta. We’ve been left with the MSM as the major opposition and they’ve been weak too. Given the competition you can hardly deny the Conservatives deserved to win, even if you find that horrific.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I agree Starmer has made Labour completely unelectable

Starmer hasn't done that on his own. He's had lots of help from the rest of the party. Starmer might have been the one to make Labour electable again, except that the party behind him is divided and full of nutters.
If you don't like the Tories (and no one loves them), you're going to have to find someone other than Labour, because they're not interested in what you, as a member of the public, want. They've got their own agenda, and it has nothing to do with the majority in this country.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I think we can all agree that the Tories have been surprisingly inadequate - given their majority which effectively means it's open season politically. I know some very right-wing ppl (my mum) and the assessment is that Boris is as close to Churchill in a crisis as a jelly fish to a lion Sad

That being said the whole concept of a Far Left-Wing in politics needs to go in the bin. It's never worked anywhere in the entire history of the planet and all the excuses in the world won't change that. Either Labour need to grow up and reject the infantile bollox and move more to the centre or the Tories will continue to drift Left to eat their lunch leaving space for a more Right-Wing party like Whigs 2.0 Shocked

<edit> Welcome back BTW, it's been a while Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine how far behind Labour would be now if the Tories even halfway got their act together Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:31 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll not vote Labour until they quit their internal bickering and start employing competents in their Shadow Cabinet.

Tories may have been fortunate to have been in power during WWIII. (CV19)
The pandemic took folk's eye of the ball for a while.

I remember the Years of May. WTF did that wumin achieve?

Wishy-washy, willy-nilly.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:59 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Wishy-washy, willy-nilly.

As often as you like. Not such a bad month for you after all, was it Razz

I'll be interested to see whether politics does start to focus more on real issues. You know, the ones people actually give a feck about, as we get out of a year and a half of pestilence.

I know it's going to trigger all the lefties (which is a big part of why I'm posting it Razz ), but there are some who are going to war against the nonsense:

https://www.thecommonsensegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Common-Sense.pdf

Not that I'm in a position to do anything much, but they have my vote.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:17 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
.The tories spend years fixing the damage labour did.

It's been 11 years, tell me what was broken and what has been fixed.

Remember, it's been 11 years.

6 years. They had the lib dems from 2010 to 2015.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:20 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lib dems sold out to join as a junior partner. Stop talking bollocks.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Sold out what though? I never did understand what their core values were supposed to be.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:17 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Sold out what though? I never did understand what their core values were supposed to be.

He sold out all the students who voted for him.

Nick Clegg wrote:
I pledge to vote against any increase in [university tuition] fees in the next parliament and to pressure the government to introduce a fairer alternative.

He sold them out when he decided to endorse the report which recommended tuition fees being raised.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Students? Meh. Did they have any core values for real people?

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:30 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cummings is a rat like the rest of these skimming cunts funnelling out covid funds to their own pockets.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdibs wrote:
Cummings is a rat like the rest of these skimming cunts funnelling out covid funds to their own chums pockets.

Now, now. Let's be truthful here Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:40 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

They also sold out on the referrendum on a PR voting system by agreeing to a choice of either a crap version of PR or the status quo.

We want sandwiches, these curried sprouts we have for each meal are awful. Well let's put it to a vote. Would you prefer a dogshit and ebola sandwich on brown bread with no ketchup or curried sprouts? ... Sprouts it is then.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 01 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

That's fukc all....

Nick Clegg got a knighthood out of that. Shocked

I thought the prick had dissolved into insignificance when they were shat out of parliament.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:00 - 02 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Nicholas Clegg of faceberk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45913587

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

He sold out all the students who voted for him.

Students that wouldn't have needed to pay it or the "students" that weren't old enough to vote?

I bet they're much happier with a full conservative government. Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what school was like for MR Cummings Laughing

Cum mings Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

That's fukc all....

I thought the prick had dissolved into insignificance when they were shat out of parliament.

That sellout Clegg then went to to work for Facebook as a PR village bike.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
MCN wrote:

That's fukc all....

That sellout Clegg then went to to work for Facebook as a PR village bike.

Money always wins in the end. Just look at the founders of BLM.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Money always wins in the end. Just look at the founders of BLM.

Black Grifts Matter Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I wonder what school was like for MR Cummings Laughing

Cum mings Laughing

Child Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2