Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone regularly commute m62 m60 near Warrington Manchester?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

WULFSTAN
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Anyone regularly commute m62 m60 near Warrington Manchester? Reply with quote

Hello Been flying up and down the m62 going on the m60 all week doing 80 90 plus am I going to get fucked off the average speed cameras? Are they set at 70 at all times? Thanks
Your backside is better enough for you to run again, if need be – bristle up the courage of the cornered rat, put on a bold front, and to hell with them. Bluff my boy – bluff, shift and lie for the sake of your neck and the honour of Old England
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:11 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always used to be that cameras weren't turned on unless the variable speed limit was in place. Nowadays they have these things called digital cameras where the pictures are made up of lots of ones and zeros. There is no theoretical limit to these ones and zeroes so I'm not sure whether they don't just leave them on all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:53 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about average speed cameras that is different to regular cameras is this.
Regular camera: Above a specified speed , takes your picture and you get a ticket. Below the set speed , no picture.

Average speed camera: Scans every vehicle at every camera between the whole set of cameras over a distance - then calculates every vehicles average speed. Dependant on the set speed at the particular time of day, the information is either discarded ( or more likely stored for a year just in case), or if your speed is over the trigger speed then its up against the wall motherfucker time.

I know they had average speed cameras up when they were doing the road works , but now the gantries are installed are they just set speed gantry mounted cameras rather than average speed ones, on Google earth , I see no yellow booms for the average speed cameras

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/assets.highwaysengland.co.uk/roads/road-projects/m60-junction-8-to-m62-junction-20/Know+your+smart+motorways.pdf

Last edited by steve the grease on 21:20 - 03 Jun 2021; edited 1 time in total

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hear nothing after two weeks, you're safe. Up until that point, try to behave Wink

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrington cameras are off and on, but when they are off they tell you.

WULFSTAN
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:
The thing about average speed cameras that is different to regular cameras is this.
Regular camera: Above a specified speed , takes your picture and you get a ticket. Below the set speed , no picture.

Average speed camera: Scans every vehicle at every camera between the whole set of cameras over a distance - then calculates every vehicles average speed. Dependant on the set speed at the particular time of day, the information is either discarded ( or more likely stored for a year just in case), or if your speed is over the trigger speed then its up against the wall motherfucker time.

Did you not notice the big yellow beams over the lanes all camera'd up, and the speed camera signs?
they are the hidden HADECS3 so rather difficult to spot as they are behind the signs.
Your backside is better enough for you to run again, if need be – bristle up the courage of the cornered rat, put on a bold front, and to hell with them. Bluff my boy – bluff, shift and lie for the sake of your neck and the honour of Old England

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

M60 cams are not average speed cameras, they're just regular speed cameras.

a mate of mine recons they're not live, although I've been flashed by one (doing 60 in a 70 - yes I typed that correctly)

after a few months he did hear back from one, so they are live sometimes.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:47 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly related but has anyone here ever had a ticket from an average speed camera system? I've had various tickets in my life - mostly lurking police officers - but I've never seen this format. For example do they go with "we saw you at Point A @ such and such time and then Point B blah blah blah therefore you were doing X therefore.... bend over" ?!

WULFSTAN
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 22 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a little over 2 weeks now. How much longer have I got to worry?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 22 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WULFSTAN wrote:
Been a little over 2 weeks now. How much longer have I got to worry?

They only have 2 weeks to send an NIP so looks like you're safe.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 23 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect, they have two weeks to prove it was posted. It can take longer than two weeks to get to you.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 23 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Incorrect, they have two weeks to prove it was posted. It can take longer than two weeks to get to you.

Technically two weeks to issue it if you want to be pedantic on it Wink

It's unlikely they're leaving it right to the last minute to send though....

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 23 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pedantics that can get you off a charge so it's absolutely worth being pedantic.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1