Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Garage Security, Yes or No?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:53 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Garage Security, Yes or No? Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
....Mine is in a block of garages....

My dad had a bit of a windfall when he retired and bought himself a new bike, kept it in one of a block of garages opposite his flat.

You had to go about 100 yds down an alleyway and turn right to get to his garage, so it was hidden behind the houses oposite.

The garage didn't stick out from the others, and had a sensible lock. I have a feeling his new bike was 'noticed' by the local Ne'er-do-wells
and within the year it was gone. They may have just nicked it to piss him off for cleaning it too often, who knows.

It's highly likely that if your bike is spotted by the wrong people there is very little you can do, they will await their opportunity and the deed will be done.

Even video cameras aren't really a deterent, when urchins tried to steel our outboard engine off the back of our boat, the cameras only showed a couple of unidentifiable hooded tykes running away.

It's all about making it as difficult as possible and visibly difficult and as people have already posted... as many deterents as possible. Of course something could accidentally fall on them whilst in the act....
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 224 days between these two posts...

MichaelAver
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:26 - 17 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say garage security isn't a bad idea. Even though your neighborhood is safe, you never know what could happen.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 17 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police Spam Question
MichaelAver This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2