Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda xr125 one indicator wire not working

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

peterjameslew...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:51 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Honda xr125 one indicator wire not working Reply with quote

Hi, I have just had my honda xr 125 for about 2 months and the rear right indicator has gone. I am using a multimeter to check any resistance in the bulb and wires. I have checked the bulb which is fine, I have recharged the battery so that is fine, I checked resistance yesterday of the indicator wires where they meet the bulb socket and only the back right one is dead, no reading at all. Im not sure how to proceed with this now if only one is dead?

Thanks,

Peter

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you checked "the resistance", where did you check between?

The"dead" one is earth and should have zero (ish) resistance between that and battery negative or frame.

peterjameslew...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:23 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the image I tested the brown wire, I am assuming that is live and earth is yellow, however my electrical knowledge is very poor.

So I tested the brown wire which gave no reading. I also tested the left side brown wire and that gives a reading fine. So I’m not sure what I need to fix[img][/img]

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misread your message before, I thought you said 'black' not 'back' Very Happy

How exactly are you testing them? Are you checking voltage or resistance? You say resistance but your use of "dead" in that context is a little confusing.

You're touching one part of the multimeter to the wire you are testing, and the other to where?

peterjameslew...
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:45 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Sorry, I misread your message before, I thought you said 'black' not 'back' Very Happy

How exactly are you testing them? Are you checking voltage or resistance? You say resistance but your use of "dead" in that context is a little confusing.

You're touching one part of the multimeter to the wire you are testing, and the other to where?

I have the multimeter on resistance or ohms touch one on the exposed wire and the other on the metal indicator casing and no reading is shown. The multimeter reading doesn't change.

However when i do the exact same thing on the left hand wire i get a reading and the reading flickers about a bit

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:18 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

""""" Honda xr125 one indicator wire not working"""
Replace it.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:43 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffa90 wrote:
""""" Honda xr125 one indicator wire not working"""
Replace it.

That isn't going to help if the break is on the loom side....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1