Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My outgoing emails ending up in junk folders

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: My outgoing emails ending up in junk folders Reply with quote

I seem to have an ongoing problem with people not receiving emails I'm sending... typically I get no reply, follow up by other means, and it turns out my email has been flagged as spam or whatever, and is in their junk email folder. I can then get whitelisted, but it doesn't help the actual problem.

I'm finding this happens regardless of whether the recipient is using (eg) personal gmail or has a corporate email address. For my own email, I have a personal .com domain name, and I use https://www.123-reg.co.uk/ email services. My domain name is a 6-letter, totally innocuous one which I've had for years, and I use it a lot for work (self-employed) so this is a serious issue. I've had two instances today alone, with two different clients (one of whom I was successfully emailing yesterday).

It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I'm replying on the back of an incoming email; whether it's a simple (totally innocuous) message or has an attachment - I still get zapped.

Is the problem anything to do with the email gateway I'm using? Is there anything I can do about this?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:23 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any SPF/DKIM/DMARC records.

Whats your domain if you dont know how to check, can PM me.

Basically.. you at least want some form of SPF, Google actively uses SPF these days, we handle a few million emails a day as a mail scanning MTA and I see countless Gmail delays and softfails its unreal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Do you have any SPF/DKIM/DMARC records

I have no idea what these even are so I expect not! Thanks a lot, Paddy - domain name PM'ed...

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely it's SPF at a minimum if you don't have it set up. In work we soft-block any domain that doesn't have an SPF record.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:02 - 09 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Absolutely it's SPF at a minimum if you don't have it set up. In work we soft-block any domain that doesn't have an SPF record.

We find the clients we look after (schools) don't even know where they send mail from Laughing So we can't blanket one, we can assume, but we would likely assume wrong, especially when even they dont know Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Do you have any SPF/DKIM/DMARC records
I have no idea what these even are so I expect not! Thanks a lot, Paddy - domain name PM'ed...

Now sorted out thanks to Paddy, and am fully tooled up with SPFs and DKIMs coming out my ears. God knows how we mere mortals are supposed to do this stuff...

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:58 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
God knows how we mere mortals are supposed to do this stuff...

your not.

Hence why Paddy is earning the top dollars.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 291 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1