Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kid's Jacket and Trousers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Kid's Jacket and Trousers Reply with quote

Can someone point me in the right direction of some good quality kids gear, specifically a textile jacket and trousers? I saw the Duchini stuff by Sportbikeshop and wondered if it's any good?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/474694

Regarding armour, I don't see something that's £90 having much in the way of actually decent armour. Is it possible to take adult sized D30 shoulder/elbow/knee/back armour and cut it to size? I assume the Duchini jacket and trousers will still need pockets for the armour that comes provided with it?

Otherwise, if anyone has knowledge of better stuff without the faff of trying to make D30 work then please let me know. Money is no option.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on that kit specifically, but I had a Duchinni lid a few years back and it was surprisingly good for a small brand (in fact it was basically an unheard of brand when I had mine).

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids grow out of stuff really quickly, and their gear doesn't usually see much use - so when mine were small I always managed to find really good, barely used, second hand stuff.

I know you said money is no "option" (object?) but I seemed to be buying them trousers every couple of months!

Thankfully they seem to have stopped growing now.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
Kids grow out of stuff really quickly, and their gear doesn't usually see much use - so when mine were small I always managed to find really good, barely used, second hand stuff.

I know you said money is no "option" (object?) but I seemed to be buying them trousers every couple of months!

I get what you're saying mate, but taking my boy on the bike with me I want him to be geared to the max. I totally agree on the growing part though, I am forever having to buy my son new shoes and trousers. He's only 7 and already taller than the 135cm threshold on child seats.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the heads up on good second hand gear going cheap. Going to go have a look to see if anything's available in his sizes.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the heads up on good second hand gear going cheap. Going to go have a look to see if anything's available in his sizes.

No worries. A lot of the stuff I picked up over the years looked like it'd never been worn. In fact, most of it I handed-on in the same condition.

Don't buy it till you've passed your test or they'll have grown out of it by their first ride.*

Very Happy

* Not suggesting that it'll take you a long time to pass, just that KIDS GROW REALLY QUICKLY Wink

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
No worries. A lot of the stuff I picked up over the years looked like it'd never been worn. In fact, most of it I handed-on in the same condition.

Don't buy it till you've passed your test or they'll have grown out of it by their first ride.*

Very Happy

* Not suggesting that it'll take you a long time to pass, just that KIDS GROW REALLY QUICKLY Wink

Thanks mate, had a quick look on ebay and there is some really good prices but equally there's people trying to get near retail prices on their used gear Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 10 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Kid's Jacket and Trousers Reply with quote

Can someone point me in the right direction of some good quality kids gear, specifically a textile jacket and trousers? I saw the Duchini stuff by Sportbikeshop and wondered if it's any good?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/474694

Regarding armour, I don't see something that's £90 having much in the way of actually decent armour. Is it possible to take adult sized D30 shoulder/elbow/knee/back armour and cut it to size? I assume the Duchini jacket and trousers will still need pockets for the armour that comes provided with it?

Otherwise, if anyone has knowledge of better stuff without the faff of trying to make D30 work then please let me know. Money is no option.

Speak to Gary at J&S GWR Glesga. They sell better stuff than that RST raggery they sell. Very Happy

If Ducati is still in the game at Hillington talk to them.

Or the nice lassie in Ride On (Hillington too).

The Wee Bastirts grow out of their shit in months.
I hope there is a sibling bringing up the rear. Wink

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Kid's Jacket and Trousers Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Speak to Gary at J&S GWR Glesga. They sell better stuff than that RST raggery they sell. Very Happy

Lmao "RST raggery" Laughing I guess Frank Thomas might as well un-exist Laughing

I think Ride On shut down and their place is up for let:

https://www.proplist.com/listing/avison-young-glasgow/45-queen-elizabeth-ave

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Kid's Jacket and Trousers Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Lmao "RST raggery" Laughing I guess Frank Thomas might as well un-exist Laughing

I think Ride On shut down and their place is up for let:

https://www.proplist.com/listing/avison-young-glasgow/45-queen-elizabeth-ave
Shocked Fuck....

I've been using Ride-On for years. Since they were just off Pollockshields road.

The workshop was always busy. And there bike training was great. I think less folk doing the DAS doesn't help things.

I bought the tyres for my big bike from there. OEM fit Metzlers failed early again so Michelins on the hoowur noo. Much better tyre too.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Re: Kid's Jacket and Trousers Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Shocked Fuck....

I've been using Ride-On for years. Since they were just off Pollockshields road.

The workshop was always busy. And there bike training was great. I think less folk doing the DAS doesn't help things.

I bought the tyres for my big bike from there. OEM fit Metzlers failed early again so Michelins on the hoowur noo. Much better tyre too.

Yeah they went under mate, found their Facebook post discussing it:

https://www.facebook.com/rideonmotorcyclesglasgow/photos/a.576994292388874/3295460603875549/?type=3&theater

Shame, looking at the comments; they were clearly loved by their customers.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:38 - 12 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:

The secondhand route is the way I went with my girls. There are enough mugs out there buying decent new kit for their sprogs, which doesn't tend to get worn out, that it was never tricky finding and kitting them out in barely used kit for a fraction of the cost. Luckily heads don't seem to grow quite as quick as helmets were new until they fitted into into the ex's lids. Admittedly, mine didn't get on bikes until they turned 8 so I never had the joys of kitting out a 4 year old growth monster...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 12 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikwax will take care of cleaning used gear.
Lots of used gear will be stuff kids have hardly used too as is the nature of the little bastirts...

Stop feeding them carbs. Thumbs Up

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 12 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were my kids they'd be dressed head to foot in Kangaroo skin.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a Duchini helmet that i got from Halfords for about £25 i think?
its a bit noisy but quite comfortable, with a quick release strap and pinlock ready visor.
im quite happy with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1