High Speed Speeding Offence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:51 - 10 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
if you plead not guilty you'll get reamed more without one of the old boys club members "fighting " your case.

I hate em all. And in fact even if you are correct it won't change my jaded views on them.

Two words, 'Duty solicitor'

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
If you are required to attend court and have a solicitor negotiate your final charge it will.

If you plead guilty you take what you get , if you plead not guilty you'll get reamed more without one of the old boys club members "fighting " your case.

I hate em all. And in fact even if you are correct it won't change my jaded views on them.

The only problems with that is the fact it's not up for negotiation and there is no case to fight if you're pleading guilty.

With OP we don't know if it was a 60 limit or a 70 limit, if it was a 60 then 94 is a band C offence and if it was a 70 then 94 is a band B offence.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/speeding-revised-2017/

If you turn up in court suited and booted taking it all seriously then you'll get fucked less than you would be if you can't be arsed to go to court.

If for some strange reason you choose to plead not guilty when you're bang to rights then you should expect to get the maximum possible penalty. That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do and no solicitor is going to advise you to do that when you're clearly guilty and have no mitigating circumstances.

If you waste the courts time with some shitty excuse for why you're not guilty or justification for why you think you're above the law then they're not going to be happy and you should expect to receive the maximum penalty for the offence.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:12 - 10 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Not for speeding unless you're looking at prison time. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 10 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Not for speeding unless you're looking at prison time. Laughing

Perhaps Bobby was referring to: chap at work/college who know a bit about The Law.
Or any advice found on internet forums.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:25 - 10 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, turns out that the legal aid system has changed since I last felt the need to use one.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 11 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does letter say?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:30 - 13 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just before xmas, 110, no MOT and a small plate with zip-ties over it, "I'm not going to report you" (after twice saying "this'll have to go to court"). It's still a twilight-zone memory. Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 13 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Max fine for speeding is a grand.

£2,500 actually, but not in this case, as it wasn't committed on a motorway.

Never understood why speeding on the safest roads in Britain carries the potential for a larger fine, but there we go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MATTT
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:42 - 14 Feb 2021    Post subject: Motorway fine Reply with quote

Is it because more speeding occurs on motorways ,as its easier to go over 70 in a modern car ,and high volume of cars = higher amount of potential revenue raising
Or am i being cynical !

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 14 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: Motorway fine Reply with quote

MATTT wrote:
Is it because more speeding occurs on motorways ,as its easier to go over 70 in a modern car ,and high volume of cars = higher amount of potential revenue raising
Or am i being cynical !

It's probably prejudice based as opposed to factual based.

Statistically motorways have much less incidents than non-motorways.

Un-limited sections on autobahns in Germany prove that.

And every one know that motorbikes are dangerous and the people who ride them are mostly criminal types.

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:47 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in... Laughing
All will be clearer once the nice clearly visible yellow box from the A1 sends me a letter which I am not sure will read 2 or 3 figures. Way to ruin a great weekend for yourself. Wink
My excuse, Scotland is beautiful but cold, wanted to gtfo.

Question, points vs couple weeks ban? You have to declare both to your insurer right? Any one affect more than the other?

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:01 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of many advantages since I decided a 125 would be all I need at my age, but the almost zero chance of getting busted for a serious speeding offence is one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokin joe wrote:
I can't think of many advantages since I decided a 125 would be all I need at my age, but the almost zero chance of getting busted for a serious speeding offence is one of them.

Getting clocked for 45 in a 30 will piss all over your day in a hurry.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirFallalot wrote:
Question, points vs couple weeks ban? You have to declare both to your insurer right? Any one affect more than the other?

Is there ever actually a scenario when you get the choice of these?
If so, pretty sure it's going to be 'points' every time, because "Have you ever been banned from driving?" is one of those specific questions that insurers like to ask which (presumably?) has a Bad Effect on the outcome.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:09 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Getting banned soon too. 134 in a 70. Cba to go court, don't give a fuck. I'll pay their max fine and take their year or two year or whatever ban.

Fuck em. Don't stress it. Or go and get slightly less fucked, but still fucked.

Court appearances aren't optional at that level of speed. That type of thing is often custodial... Get legal advice now.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:09 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In March, Meef wrote:
So last summer I got clocked at 134 in a 70 by a speed gun.

Result is a 3 month ban & £638 fine for anyone interested or who is facing the same/similar thing.

Not so bad for not showing up to court lol.

Meef wrote:
Oh yeah btw, I ran some quotes including the 3 month ban and fine.

Fewer places will insure me, but my insurance is cheaper at £830/year on a fully kitted out M1000RR if I want one.

My S1000RR M cost me £1.4k to insure last year with a clean licence.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=332302

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 16:13 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
In March, Meef wrote:
So last summer I got clocked at 134 in a 70 by a speed gun.

Result is a 3 month ban & £638 fine for anyone interested or who is facing the same/similar thing.

Not so bad for not showing up to court lol.

Meef wrote:
Oh yeah btw, I ran some quotes including the 3 month ban and fine.

Fewer places will insure me, but my insurance is cheaper at £830/year on a fully kitted out M1000RR if I want one.

My S1000RR M cost me £1.4k to insure last year with a clean licence.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=332302

Haha Ste the MVP coming with the updates.

Further update, bought the M1K & waiting to move house before taking delivery of it, currently sitting in the dealership's storage.

On an R6 whilst still in London and insurance is only around £500 third party fire & theft. Fuck yeah.

Didn't get rekt in jail for telling the court to go fuck itself by not showing up...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:23 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
smokin joe wrote:

Getting clocked for 45 in a 30 will piss all over your day in a hurry.

Meh 90 in a 50 got me 6 points and my insurance actually went down.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:53 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol 125 got 57 in a 30. Down a hill though Neutral it goes from 60 to 30 and I sorta didn't.

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:02 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Shit maybe I'm in for a treat.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:05 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirFallalot wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Shit maybe I'm in for a treat.

Thats actually well in the 'ban' region. I actually got invited to court to be banned but didn't in the end.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of speed and limit are we talking about here?

Bear in mind that if it was stupidly fast the Jock courts can (and do) go straight to a dangerous driving charge, based purely on speed even without any other aggravating factors.

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:43 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
What sort of speed and limit are we talking about here?

Bear in mind that if it was stupidly fast the Jock courts can (and do) go straight to a dangerous driving charge, based purely on speed even without any other aggravating factors.

95-103 in a 70. Honestly unsure how much at the exact moment, will have to wait for the letter.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Real" 95-103 or just what you saw on the speedo? If the bike's overestimated maybe you were only clocked at 89mph... hope for the best, plan for the worst Smile

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:28 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
"Real" 95-103 or just what you saw on the speedo? If the bike's overestimated maybe you were only clocked at 89mph... hope for the best, plan for the worst Smile

Satnav stats say 103 tops, when I looked down was 90s but i probably let go of the throttle. Bike is off by about 5mph. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3