Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Street Triple 675 - update with first track day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:03 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Street Triple 675 - update with first track day Reply with quote

After about 5 years away from bikes, the time had come to get back on two wheels so I ended up buying a 2016 Street Triple 675 about a month ago. 8k on the clocks, FSH, a load of Triumph accessories as well as a couple of aftermarket touches. She's a right peach!

The first pic was new bike day, since then the side panels have gone gloss black, tail tidy has been fitted and I swapped out the Puig flyscreen for the Triumph screen, which suits it so much better. Have done almost 1,000 miles so far and i'm very impressed, looking forward to dry days over the coming months to really learn the bike and enjoy! Had a Hornet before and that was a very good allrounder, this just does everything better, though I am a sucker for an IL4 howl so might need a louder exhaust on the Street soon??

Will likely use this to post any updates on the bike in future, don't think there will be any major modifications but plan to travel a bit next year and maybe even, a track day.

Tom

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50482597008_40cb12acda_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50483428672_4d292d3fd8_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50483278186_2699da93ac_b.jpg

Last edited by MotorbikerTom on 23:01 - 17 Jul 2021; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:09 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice! Thumbs Up Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Good choice! Thumbs Up Smile

I'd second that

I just picked up a 2012 (MY13) Striple R a couple of months back, it's a shame the weather has gone to shit recently as i was really enjoying riding it

They do sound ace with the Arrow exhaust on too

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black paint work, gold forks and black wheels.
I like it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:35 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:31 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, but personally I'd go with some gold rim tape rather than red.

FlemUrch
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:11 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awesome, Tom! Cheers!

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:29 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red rim tape is actually under the lacquer so not so simple to change. Good idea though, at least the red goes with the decals on the tail!

Ditto
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:23 - 12 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very tidy, good choice Thumbs Up I too just came back to biking after 10 years, and picked up a Street Triple as well!

That Arrow can is what I was looking for too, but couldn't find one with it that was in decent nick. There were so many abused examples when I was looking, I guess it's the nature of the bike unfortunately.

How did you find it when you first opened it up after 5 years away? I don't think I even got above 5000rpm on the ride home Laughing

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:19 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto wrote:
That is very tidy, good choice Thumbs Up I too just came back to biking after 10 years, and picked up a Street Triple as well!

That Arrow can is what I was looking for too, but couldn't find one with it that was in decent nick. There were so many abused examples when I was looking, I guess it's the nature of the bike unfortunately.

How did you find it when you first opened it up after 5 years away? I don't think I even got above 5000rpm on the ride home Laughing

Good choice on the bike! I did wind mine up to about 11k on the test ride to get a taste of the bike's character, but due to the nature of the triple having quite a flat torque curve, there were no surprises. Apart from that induction howl!!

Plenty of bike to learn, can't wait for summer Very Happy

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:29 - 13 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had the Street Triple just over 6 months now and have done about 1000 miles in that time, which albeit disappointing, has been through winter so i'm happy i've even made it out at all.

Getting on well with how it rides, the power and just generally being back on 2 wheels. Swapped the mirrors out and got rid of the rear pegs, so it's now looking how I want. Just looking forward to the dry & warmer days so I can get plenty of seat time in. The induction howl gets me smiling ear to ear! Best sounding vehicle i've owned Mr. Green

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51032796917_d5660cc416_c.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 14 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotorbikerTom wrote:
The induction howl gets me smiling ear to ear! Best sounding vehicle i've owned Mr. Green

It's a proper symphony with a nice sounding pipe isn't it? Smile
Part of what got me back into that hooligan behaviour - just loved hearing it all come on song Twisted Evil
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

SW Motech Shop UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:05 - 20 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a cheap 2012 675R with 40k. It has a great engine and the quick shifter was good fun. Nice noise with Arrow pipes. I didnt keep it long because i found it a bit cramped. But i can see why Triumph sell so many of them.

twooo
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:13 - 21 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely and I agree, the Triumph screen looks miles better than the old one.

There must be something about Street Triples. I bought my 2014 ST back in June last year too, after being my out of biking for 12 years. I absolutely love it and wouldn't have any other bike at the moment.

I fitted a tail tidy too, which gives it a much cleaner back end, but found out just how much crap you get all over the bike and up your back in Winter. I was so fed up with it that I not only went back to the original tail, but added a load of rubber sheet to it in order to cut down on the dirt. (I was doing a 80 mile commute into London for a couple of weeks in December for work). Although it works a treat, it ooks pretty 'industrial' and will be swapped back for the tail tidy very shortly.now that the nicer weather seems to be here.
morkal648 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 11 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike.

I'm considering to get one as a second bike after I move to a new house.

I was test riding this a while back. I thought it was alright. But back then I didn't want to swap Fireblade for one.
I still love my Fireblade very much... but I like the idea of a Street Triple as a second bike.. Thinking

https://i.imgur.com/KKvTGYi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kNsNwYp.jpg

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:00 - 17 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took to Brands Hatch this week for my first bike track day, what an experience! Thankfully it was dry all day and the Street Triple behaved itself, both on track as well as the 200 mile round trip there and back. I was in the novice group which was good to get the time to find my bearings, after the first few sessions it was game on, absolutely loved it. Really impressed with the bike, certainly very capable and I can see me learning a lot with it. Thanks to internet suggestions of cold/hot tyre pressures, the tyres wore okay and felt great.

Did do a little bit of prep for it, popped some Brembo SC pads in the front calipers with a fluid flush and swapped the old Bridgestones out for Metzeler M7RR's, chain clean & adjust of course.

Thinking of valve clearances next as it'll tick over 11k soon, so i'll be doing that before anymore track work Smile

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51318547769_4f8b3b7d6c_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51318033953_29dff675cd_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51318033878_0b940d2e5b_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51318844450_ff401c4992_c.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1