Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus -archive

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 29 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying it's probably quantum... Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:29 - 29 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the new server is so fast it's anticipating page changes before they occur?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:29 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on a plane on Thursday for the first time in two years from a small airport.
Observations: Carrier rules state bring proper mask, no bandannas, and your own hand sanitiser, social distancing will apply until bookings deem it not possible...

At the departure gate the carrier fucked up and had two plane loads of people waiting at one gate - result sardines in a can sprang to mind.

Saw two interesting Covid t'shirts - the funniest must have been on the horrified looking woman getting off the crowded flight that arrived before our departure, walking through the packed departure/arrivals lounge in a shirt that declared 'llamastay'... and below that 'six feet away'. Laughing

Two people clutching books whose covers loudly indicated that contents within were on the subject of Covid. The black cover with the title 'The truth about Covid' was almost certainly anything but the truth!

Plane wasn't packed but at least half the three row seats had three arses in them, mine included...
...which was also odd because the sniffing bloke flying with his ten year old (ish) daughter preferred to have her sit in the middle seat next to me, a total stranger, while his wife (and quite possibly her mother) was sitting two rows in front of me???

I spotted at least three people on my flight wearing bandannas.

At least half a dozen people did not wear their mask in flight.

Quite a few derps went for the 'under the nose' style wearing. Why not just grow a pair and take the bloody things off?

Flight staff didn't give a shit.

As an aside, they decided that of all the scruffy, dirty drunks heading to Florida that they'd pull out the clean dressed Englishman, and no-one else, for a frisking at the security line. Rolling Eyes
It could have had something to do with the classic 'country' dress style - check shirt, jeans, ball cap and boots - or the grey zz top style beard rendering the blue disposable mask totally useless. Either way the officer seemed unhappier at doing a pat down on the the other side of the x-ray machine than I was.
It might have held up the huge queue of impatient people waiting to go through the only machine in the airport but if some jumped up prick in a uniform decides that he wants to check that the huge bulge in my trousers is pure UK grown junk he can do it in front of a bunch of jealous yanks heading to Florida - blowed if I'm going into a side room with some goon for that kind of shit. Wanker even had the cheek to swab me for explosives. Having bollocks the size of lemons can be a right laugh sometimes - do yanks only have balls the size of walnuts, the officer seemed proper put out? Laughing

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:26 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
One must test ones sources.

Even Wikipedia gets it wrong. Shocked

To go further with this I remember reading a report in which a meta analysis was done on papers uploaded to pubmed looking at the validity of published papers. They found approximately 1 in 1000 were sound in their methods, data, analysis etc so as to be defined as a valid resource.

For the more sceptical among those reading this doesnt mean that 999 out of 1000 scientific peer reviewed papers are null and void, just that they are slightly flawed, often with valid reason to be such as participation drop out etc.

TLDR: read everything very critically, undertake annotated bibliography practice if you want to learn more about scientific research in a particular area.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:32 - 30 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Plane wasn't packed but at least half the three row seats had three arses in them, mine included...
...which was also odd because the sniffing bloke flying with his ten year old (ish) daughter preferred to have her sit in the middle seat next to me, a total stranger, while his wife (and quite possibly her mother) was sitting two rows in front of me???

Maybe because he knows his 10 year old is vanishingly unlikely to suffer any serious ill effects if she contracts covid?

Didn't you offer to swap seats with the wife?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 31 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Maybe because he knows his 10 year old is vanishingly unlikely to suffer any serious ill effects if she contracts covid?

Didn't you offer to swap seats with the wife?

I didn't, not so much because I'm an ignorant arsehole but more because the family were seated when I got on board and they had zero communication with each other - the link only became apparent when the drinks cart was wheeled down the aisle halfway through the 75 minute flight and the chap ordered two small bottles of water, at the princely sum of three bucks apiece, and had one sent forward to his missus.

As for the seating arrangement, the logic that the daughter may be least likely to catch nasties from the stranger in their row is a null argument when a family of three occupies those three seats. Perhaps they stumped up the extra 30 bucks per head to choose their seats and assumed that a plane going to Florida just before Memorial weekend would be socially distance restricted and that by booking where they did they could hope for a little free space around them - if that was their thinking it backfired slightly!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:27 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]Split thread from June 2021. New thread here:[/size]
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=333101
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172
Page 172 of 172