Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

@Islander maybe worth bringing Vaccine escape into the mix but i think that might hurt folks heads.

Yes, mere mortals might not have your kind of appreciation Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from the surprisingly busy Co-op. A little disappointed they don't have any limes today, but did manage
to find some gourmet ginger beer https://www.bundaberg.com/en-GB/brew/ginger-beer/ now I've learned
how to make a Moscow Mule, I suppose I'll have to venture into Sainsburys for my citrus requirements to be
fulfilled. I'm not nearly middle class enough to shop there but I need limes dammit!! Was considerably more
disappointed at the 70% of customers still wandering around looking like bandits. It's truly worse than I thought,
the biggest infection going around is still quite obviously fear. Those w@nkers at the BBC have done a bang up
job of scaring the shite out of everybody. Gonna sit in the garden with a beer now and contemplate on being one of
the few sane unvaccinated people left in the asylum.

Last edited by grr666 on 12:24 - 19 Jul 2021; edited 1 time in total

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha by people you mean you and the other half dozen folk on this thread?

I don't think anyone of us here really gives two flying fecks what someone elses opinion is but will happily waste some bored time arguing about it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

I don't think anyone of us here really gives two flying fecks what someone elses opinion is but will happily waste some bored time arguing about it.

My problem with that is...

Laughing

You might have noticed I'll argue any and all sides of the coin at various times, but I don't consider that to be a waste of time. Well, not always Laughing
Nor should you think that it means I think anyone else is stupid, as some tend to assume about those who disagree with them, or challenge them. If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that there are rarely definitive answers to complex questions.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander, you moved to a remote location because you couldn't stand to be surrounded by people. You say people are numpties, UBF calls everyone cnuts, and then you both expect people to pay you any serious attention? Who's the numpty? Wink

I'll bet you're still wondering how Brexit happened; so much for an "elite" Laughing

Now that's a bit of a leap. Laughing

I've never actually told anyone on here why I moved to Orkney but it's not because I dislike people. So you'll have to try again. Razz

Brexit? Are we still on about that? Good grief get over it man. Laughing

You really *are* bored aren't you. Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Just returned from the surprisingly busy Co-op. A little disappointed they don't have any limes today, but did manage
to find some gourmet ginger beer https://www.bundaberg.com/en-GB/brew/ginger-beer/ now I've learned
how to make a Moscow Mule, I suppose I'll have to venture into Sainsburys for my citrus requirements to be
fulfilled. I'm not nearly middle class enough to shop there but I need limes dammit!! Was considerably more
disappointed at the 70% of customers still wandering around looking like bandits. It's truly worse than I thought,
the biggest infection going around is still quite obviously fear. Those w@nkers at the BBC have done a bang up
job of scaring the shite out of everybody. Gonna sit in the garden with a beer now and contemplate on being one of
the few sane unvaccinated people left in the asylum.

Well that's encouraging. Mr. Green

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You really *are* bored aren't you. Wink

You can't even begin to imagine... Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all still here replying to each other - i think we can imagine Mr. Green

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to feel cheated out of my chance to catch Covid and die Laughing
Think I'll give it another try in Tesco this afternoon (Asda! Pffft!).

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:54 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Just returned from the surprisingly busy Co-op. A little disappointed they don't have any limes today,

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I've been on the Mojitos all weekend. I think you'll find a similar problem with the bagged ice.

Only problem is, I've run out of the cheap but wholly acceptable over-proof Mederian white agricultural rum I've been using. Can't get it in the UK though so I'll have to find a substitute. I'm thinking Barbados should be the next port of call.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just walk around doing some heavy breathing. Maybe even try and hyperventilate.

If nothing else, the odd looks will gain you some attention.

Last time i went IN to ASDA i bought Cif and Paracetamol. Told the woman i had a banging headache and my sinuses were fucked and i'd read that snorting a mix of Cif and bashed up paracetamol would cure it.

The look she gave me I think she thought i was serious.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Just walk around doing some heavy breathing. Maybe even try and hyperventilate.

Wearing a face covering in this heat, I don't think I'll have to try.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 19 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing (and compelling ppl to actually use) the alcoholic hand-gel at store entrances would probably have a greater impact on the overall health of the population.

Still, could be worse. I've been replaying the Mass Effect series and the Quarians take masks very seriously Very Happy

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/7/7d/ME_tali_charshot.png

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuennsberg is once again eagerly facilitating Cummins’ on-going petulance with the aim of harming the government at a time of national crisis. Stepping into the breach left vacant by Labour perhaps.

Quote:
He also said the prime minister had messaged him to say: "I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff."

If he did say that, I think he’s right.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:38 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have to wonder why a petty and disgruntled ex-employee is being given a platform to badmouth his employer.

The man is a cock and a megolomaniac, everyone can see he's a cock. His job was an advisor, that means he offers advice and his boss decides if he wants to take it.

If the media are going to provide him with a platform to second-guess every decision that was made against his advice during his tenure in Downing Street, it's going to get boring very quickly.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had any true vision to speak of he'd not have needed to drive to Barndard Castle to check it.

Him, Gove and HandonCock need to crawl back under a large stone and stay there.

Boris might be a bumbling buffoon of the highest order but Cummings should not be given any public platform for what is essentially sour grapes to be heard.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, they're both total immoral lying bellends and the schadenfreude is utterly delicious. Razz Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deliberately avoided the Kuenssberg/Cummins political broadcast this evening but I caught this headline on the BBC website,

Quote:
Dominic Cummings has revealed he discussed ousting Boris Johnson within days of the Conservatives winning the December 2019 election by a landslide.

Laughing
Who does he think he is!?
Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:32 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split this thread from the original to help with loading.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=329860

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no real views on Sajid Javid as a cabinet minister, He seems reasonably competent if a bit of a non entity but I am sure he never even thought he was being remotely disparaging to anyone when he said Please - if you haven’t yet - get your jab, as we learn to live with, rather than cower from, this virus.

It seem nowadays the words you use are more important than the context you say them in. Have politicians nothing better to do than nitpick terminology?

Wankers the lot of them.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:42 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It seem nowadays the words you use are more important than the context you say them in. Have politicians nothing better to do than nitpick terminology?

Wankers the lot of them.

Was it the politicians or the press that took exception to his words?

Either way, they need to understand that it is this sort of shite which makes us hate them.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public outcry, according to the lying Press just moments afterwards.

The first time I saw Sajid Javid he was on Question Time, and as soon as he saw his comments weren’t supported he backtracked. He’s still doing it, the weasel.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given 2020 was full of death and plague. How is it NHS Scotland recorded the second lowest number of deaths in 10 years?

Have they moved from deep fried Marsbars to steamed Kale.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202100150675/

Or the UK as a whole for 2020. Mortality rate per 100k population, lower than 1990 to 2003.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

Perhaps one of those lies damn lies and stats things. But unexpected given the pandemic.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:14 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is thinking calling your boss and telling him you've been pinged is a perfect excuse to spend 10 days off work sitting in a paddling pool in the back garden with a slab of beer and the olympics on the telly during one of the sunniest Julys in memory?

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:39 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Am I the only one who is thinking calling your boss and telling him you've been pinged is a perfect excuse to spend 10 days off work sitting in a paddling pool in the back garden with a slab of beer and the olympics on the telly during one of the sunniest Julys in memory?

I do wonder who many people would be self isolating if the weather was cold, wet and miserable. I have told the guys that work for me that if they are daft enough to have the app on their phone and then choose to self isolate if they get pinged, then they will be on unpaid leave while they isolate or they can take it out of their holiday allowance.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22