Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold my old sofa on Ebay for 99p. Not bothered about the money, only gave a tenner for it in the first place.
But it now means I'll soon have space to put the nice one in Ikea I have been eyeing up without resorting to shoving
the old one into the van and shoving it back out again in the middle of the night outside the local tip who refused to
take it despite being happy to take my council tax each month. The local Sofa project didn't want it either because it
doesn't have the little label with a cigarette on it about fire retardance. Result.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:20 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give the Church of England its due, they answer quickly. Bit worried about their instruction at the very bottom of the email though. There were some symbols there as well but they didn't make the cut and paste.

Dear Mr Powell,

Thank you for your recent email. Much as he would like to, the Archbishop is unable to respond personally and in detail to all the hundreds of emails and letters that he receives, and so I have been asked to reply to you on his behalf.

I was very sorry to read of your concerns in this matter and I appreciate the sentiments which prompted you to write. Whilst it is of course understandable you would want to write to the Archbishop on this matter, the day-to-day running of the Cathedral is solely the responsibility of the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury Cathedral, and the Archbishop cannot and does not have the ability to intervene in the running of the Cathedral and its visitor charges. Therefore, I would advise you to raise you concerns directly with the Dean of Canterbury Cathedral.

This email is not intended to indicate any lack of concern, only to point out those more able to assist you and provide a suitable response. Thank you again for taking the time to write to the Archbishop on this matter and please be assured of our prayers and good wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Dominic Goodall

Correspondence Manager to the Archbishop of Canterbury

Lambeth Palace, London SE1 7JU |

www.archbishopofcanterbury.org Switchboard: 020 7898 1200 |

Follow the Archbishop of Canterbury:

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 20 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ He's called Dominic ^^^

Never trust a Dominic, Boris says Folded arms

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 21 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six of one and half a dozen of the other??

Today I had to do a few of life’s daily errands.
Took my old lottery tickets in to the newsagent and got a £51 return Smile Thumbs Up = today’s shopping for free.
That’s the most money I have ever won on the lottery.

Then I got home to prepare for my little local fishing trip, only to find my pushbike had a puncture.
Could I find my puncture repair kit?, could i bollox Evil or Very Mad .

Out again for a new kit = problem solved

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 21 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a big old (late 80’s) Kawasaki ZX10 in green rolling through town. A bit like spotting something like a Ford Capri or a Triumph GT6 on the road, that always makes me think today’s a good day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 22 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Saw a big old (late 80’s) Kawasaki ZX10 in green rolling through town. A bit like spotting something like a Ford Capri or a Triumph GT6 on the road, that always makes me think today’s a good day.
A couple of years ago I was walking up St Katherine's Way and spotted a GPz750 parked in the motorcycle bay. I got very excited as I'd had two of these and had fond memories of them.

The weird thing was that on closer inspection I had totally forgotten about the pod on the tank with the LCD fuel readout which seemed so futuristic in the 80s, yet I must have had one right under my nose for about 80,000 miles.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 22 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

in Salisbury last week i saw an immaculate red Honda CBX1000.
was an awesome looking engine, must admit i was a bit disappointed with the sound it made though. although it was just bimbling in a 30 zone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 22 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gears have been oiled all day by various things.

1. Bumped into the hospital director (my old line manager & brilliant mentor) in Reception on the way home tonight. He was gobsmacked at how much weight I had lost (and how great I looked). I had to show him my shiny new 60+ free travel pass cos he didn't believe me Laughing

2. Whilst still at work, I'd had a somewhat maddening call from the little old Sikh lady next door whose heavily-accented attempts at English are comical to say the least and I could barely understand what she wanted but it was rare for her to call me during the day, so I answered it in case she was stuck in the loft under her husband's corpse or something - but all I could get was that there was "melon" ... weird, thinks I. She usually offers me chapattis and chana dhal. So I said to her that I would stop by on my way home from work, and when I did, she handed me a little pot of watermelon of which she had cut up a whole one (she's only tiny!) and she had saved me some. Lovely crisp watery pink chunks. Om nom nom.

3. I had an email during the day saying that the last of my ASDA voucher deliveries (snakeskin pattern summer sandals) had been made but when I opened the front door, there was no sign of them ( Sad ). After wandering round the house nomming my watermelon and wondering if the neighbour on the other side had taken them in, I noticed a package on the windowsill (which I had left open for the cats in the heat). It was my shoes. The delivery guy had shoved them in under the window so he could say he had delivered them Laughing
They're exactly what I wanted: shiny, snakey, flat summery sandals. Wub

Its little things that make me a generally happy hellkat. Laughing

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 22 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Lidl and Coop today with no mask.

I'd say 40-50% of people in Lidl were maskless.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 23 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Went to Lidl and Coop today with no mask.

I'd say 40-50% of people in Lidl were maskless.

Asda hasn't really changed in terms of mask wearers.

In other news, I was able to collect my new motor today.
Grandland X Elite Nav. Loving the seat coolers.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 23 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been working myself into a bit of a state about returning to my original office, and it seemed like when I moved back in there, I was getting the silent treatment. But now I've been back there a day or two I remember just what a pair of FUCKING WEIRDOES my office mates are.

I'm the "normal" one Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 23 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

What?
Does it cool the seats in the same way that you can warm them up in the winter?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Ricky Gervais, who was on foot, while out for a pointless ride this evening. Caught him on camera, and that oiled my gears. I'm absolutely sure it was him. Saw his face clearly. So, I thought, finally I get a chance to make a viral video, using my action camera footage.

However, reviewing the footage just now, he's on there for barely a second or two, and the footage is poor. Oh well, at least it means I didn't just encounter bellends today.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother-in-law wheeled Nonna down to the park to meet up with all of her descendants. So that's the oldest member of our family @ 99 years meeting the youngest @ 9 months and everyone in between Very Happy

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching the sparrows swamp the bird feeder with their third batch of youngsters this year Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
recman wrote:

What?

Oooh yeah! To be fair you mainly feel it at the back of the seat at the joint but it's pretty good.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the unlikely event the person responsible is reading this, thanks for the tipoff (A40 today). Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a microsoft comms ban Rolling Eyes Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
recman wrote:

What?

My Jag has them. Tiny holes in the leather so the cool or hot air can come out.

Farty holes as my eldest grandson calls then before proceeding to drop one with the biggest grin in the world. Little monster. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This little chap or chapess visited us tonight. Luckily I had some hedgehog food which it happily munched.

https://i.postimg.cc/3xzTm6gn/hog.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding myself back to being "slightly more energetic than previously".

Not all the time, but just now and again, I have a mad moment of energy where I find the wherewithal to do just enough to make a difference in my life/home - until I then wear myself out and have to crash on the sofa/sleep for a bit to regenerate.

I think its the keto thing Thinking ... I have been slacking on that front these last few months. Been surfing the wave of success/people finally noticing ... need to knuckle back down.

Or it might be the CBD honey ... Thinking

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 26 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gears oiled by the splitting of the gears ground thread. So my gears are no longer being ground by the gears being ground. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't normally subject yourself to The Cheeky Girls but the 9 month old loves it, little arms and legs thrashing, big grin on her face Smile She also loves the "texture balls" (all sorts of different colours and shapes) I bought from Poundland. Very easily pleased Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You wouldn't normally subject yourself to The Cheeky Girls

I wouldn't mind.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'm finding myself back to being "slightly more energetic than previously".

Yeahhhhh ... I take that back.

On Thursday I did a one-day background cast thing on a music video (the second one I've been in - at least you'd recognise me in this one, if they don't cut me out of it Shocked )

... all I did all day was walk up and down with a lot of other people in a street in West London.
By the end of the day (gone 9pm) I was fucking knackered.

It was fun though, loads of interesting people, and the "talent" was very professional, didn't throw a wobbly at all bless.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 9 of 101