Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Covid vaccine issue

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:21 - 11 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
We using this thread now since it's got a last page?

I was thinking about splitting the last five or so pages off the old one as a new thread but I was afraid that would make even more of a mess...

I'm just guessing here . . . But maybe, given the time gap between the next post . . . . No one can work out what the fuck you on about.

Not even BCF !

Christ on a fucking bike, will shut your inane drivel?

All of the rest of us know and understand exactly what he is talking about.

There's even threads on the 'last page' issue.
JackButler This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 11 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Really Sir? Are you sure about that?

ISTM that only stinkywheels socks, sycophants & puppets respond to its inane nonsense.

The thing about stinkwheel is that he posts more sense and useful information in a single post than you've managed in your entire trolling career.

He's also a very good mod. You might want to bear that last word in mind - if you actually have a mind that is.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the UK data there is, vaccine death rate is between 0.0018 and 0.0042 % (depending on if you count each shot as single unit, or require 2 shots for vaccination to count).

Tiny. America is similar, 0.0025%

What we don't know, is what happens in the future.

In the last 15 months in the UK the risk of death by covid by age has been:
Under 45 = 0.03%
45-64 = 0.27%
65-74 = 0.41%
>=75 = 1.92%

And thats not taking into account comorbidities.

And thats with zero attempt to treat people as out patients. With plenty of studies showing 50%+ reductions in mortality could have been achieved.

But the point is, the enthusiasm to drive people in the almost zero percent risk (below age 45) category into taking on unknown risk is beyond bizarre.
Yes it might all work fine, but thats a heck of a gamble.

Which apparently most people are happy with.

EDIT:

And the CFR of 2.6% overall assumes that we tested 100% of people who got covid and that 100% of the deaths were because of covid and not an underlying issue.
So the percentages could easily be halved maybe. But we dont have that data.

Last edited by Pigeon on 23:05 - 12 Jul 2021; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you’re fully supportive of the lockdowns, PPEs, the NHS response and vaccinations because your numbers indicate it all worked?
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
So you’re fully supportive of the lockdowns, PPEs, the NHS response and vaccinations because your numbers indicate it all worked?
Wink

Haha, touché sir.

Logic says they must of worked. But by what degree. States in America who didn't lockdown, apparently some were lower, some higher; and those that were higher were still similar. But I haven't the numbers to confirm that.

I do have Swedens though Smile

Sweden was often touted as being the most open of our neighbours and they did much better than we did based on data.
Our CFR is 2.64% (Eng+Wales) and Sweden is 1.34%

In Sweden, chance of death from covid below age 50 is 0.018% (0.03% for under 45's here).

Plus we now have 10 million on NHS waiting lists apparently.....which is why I guess Excess Death figures over the next few years are going to be much harder to extrapolate any meaning from. In 2020 they could be used and say yes, covid has killed 0.13% of the population based on Excess Deaths. But with the NHS in trouble now (another reason I don't get the lack of out patient treatment while we waiting for vaccines to arrive) the excess death figures going forward won't be as useful probably.

NHS beds have halved since 1980, but population has gone up 25%
That can't have helped either.

EDIT: Also, there is no "credit" given to people who have had covid. They surely must have the best protection going forward, but seem completely left out of Tony Blairs etc calls for vaccinated to be given back their freedoms.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 12 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you obviously think it’s all been a waste of time. What do you think it was all about?

Arrow The scientists over-estimated the danger

Arrow The politicians over-reacted

Arrow It was a ploy by the money-men to hit the economic status quo because they’d somehow benefit.

Arrow It was a ploy by the politicians to bring the NHS to its knees and usher in the private sector.

Arrow Something else?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Arrow The scientists over-estimated the danger

Arrow The politicians over-reacted

Both are strongly incentivised to do these things.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
So you obviously think it’s all been a waste of time. What do you think it was all about?

I don't think its been a waste of time. I was watching the videos coming out of China December 2019 and into January, asking myself "why would people fall down dead in the street just from flu, why were trucks going round gassing streets with guys in Hazmats just for flu".
---actually I'm not sure people randomly filming two guys walking down the street and one apparently dying isn't suspect, but at the time I took it at face value --

I was fairly early posting on the Coronovirus thread and quoting the data out of China, something like CFR could be between 3 and 7% (Chinas reporting of figures fluctuated a few times) and what if half the world caught the bug, something on those lines.
Folk responded that was a ridiculous what if, and this was just the flu.

Well, 15 months on, the truth (based on trusting the data we have) seems to be somewhere in the middle. Its bad, but circa 6x worse than regular flu. _Only_ 0.051% of the world died.
Of course that is a lot of people (4 million....although we dont know how many died of or with) and friends / family affected. But lockdowns are not free of issues.
In the same time frame, 140 million babies have been born.

I said those early things because that was the data at the time.
Once it hit Italy, they published their data essentially a month ahead of us, so we've know since June 2020 that below 50 years old, risk is circa 0.035%. That 85% of deaths are the over 70's and very likely to have significant comorbidities, but even then, their risk was circa 2.5%

We had this June 2020. The isolation, the measures needed to target those at risk; the over 70's. The care homes (should have been obvious since China really).

I had no idea that potential early treatments were available until a few months ago. But various doctors (not all them Kelloggs packet) have clearly been jumping up and down for a long time and treating people with great success off the back of chloroquin being identified as a treatment against SARS in 2005. And Ivermectin after Australia did a lab pertri dish test in April 2020.
WHO was giving statements in July 2020 basically saying don't use either, even though there was very little risk in doing so and several studies said otherwise as well as lots of evidence from doctors treating patients.
Papers came out at a similar time on the role of Vitamin D, that taking supplements of Vit D, C, B1, Zinc could reduce severe outcomes circa 50% (best with help of Zinc Ionophore)

So by July 2020, we knew largely who was at risk. And there were some possible early treatments and what the costs and risk profiles were. Should we not have focused on those people and made sure they had access to supplements as well as medication (after all, there were no guarantees the vaccines would work and we couldn't just keep printing billions in new debt ---something like 80% of all the dollars in the world have been created in the last 12 months ---, destroying businesses or creating years of backlog in NHS).

By October 2020 we had more data lockdown states vs open in terms of overall change in mortality (that its perhaps not different enough to warrant the extra problems it creates).

So it seems by October we had enough data to do something different that winter, potentially save lives and reduce the negative impacts of lockdowns.

I don't think the censorship of doctors and other professional scientists is a good thing. It should raise eyebrows how connected Big Pharma is to the FDA, the CDC, the WHO, governments, universities and media outlets who have (post Trump) agreed to actively censor their platforms.
When you have the co-inventor of mRNA technology being deplatformed by a department of people with zero expertise, for talking about scientific data, something isn't right.
And its not just him, there seems to be plenty of examples of people with credible backgrounds being deplatformed or defunded or threatened with license revocation, the very actions of which adds suspicion whether its appropriate or not.

In addition we have been drilled that vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. I don't mean 70 year olds should wait to get infected, but anyone under 45 it seems like vaccination is likely a waste and potentially riskier.
Variants are outfoxing vaccines to some degree already, but folk with natural immunity dont seem to be getting it twice and possibly wont for their lifetime......unless they get vaccinated (again we dont know what the implications are).

EDIT
Forgot on the Big Pharma / FDA side. Possibly another biggest issue which lead to a completely one sided process. The conditional wording in the Emergency Use Authorisation.

"Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or
life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives."

This massively incentivised Big Pharma + investors to not only ignore alternatives to new treatments, but to potentially actively go after shutting them down.

It was a clause with understandable good intentions, but might have lead to undesirable results.

If that clause was not included. And some sort of compensation package had meant that off-patent drugs (once proven) would have paid more than they otherwise would.
Then perhaps some of the risk created by handing the solution to companies and then incentivising them to go one way, might have been mitigated.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:59 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Really Sir? Are you sure about that?

ISTM that only stinkywheels socks, sycophants & puppets respond to its inane nonsense.

JB

Best Comedy Gold Sockerino Account on t' Forum.

I thought 'ye canny make this shite up'.

I was wrong. Very Happy

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:04 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I don't think its been a waste of time. I was watching the videos coming out of China December 2019 and into January, asking myself "why would people fall down dead in the street just from flu, why were trucks going round gassing streets with guys in Hazmats just for flu".
---actually I'm not sure people randomly filming two guys walking down the street and one apparently dying isn't suspect, but at the time I took it at face value --

I was fairly early posting on the Coronovirus thread and quoting the data out of China, something like CFR could be between 3 and 7% (Chinas reporting of figures fluctuated a few times) and what if half the world caught the bug, something on those lines.
Folk responded that was a ridiculous what if, and this was just the flu.

Well, 15 months on, the truth (based on trusting the data we have) seems to be somewhere in the middle. Its bad, but circa 6x worse than regular flu. _Only_ 0.051% of the world died.
Of course that is a lot of people (4 million....although we dont know how many died of or with) and friends / family affected. But lockdowns are not free of issues.
In the same time frame, 140 million babies have been born.

I said those early things because that was the data at the time.
Once it hit Italy, they published their data essentially a month ahead of us, so we've know since June 2020 that below 50 years old, risk is circa 0.035%. That 85% of deaths are the over 70's and very likely to have significant comorbidities, but even then, their risk was circa 2.5%

We had this June 2020. The isolation, the measures needed to target those at risk; the over 70's. The care homes (should have been obvious since China really).

I had no idea that potential early treatments were available until a few months ago. But various doctors (not all them Kelloggs packet) have clearly been jumping up and down for a long time and treating people with great success off the back of chloroquin being identified as a treatment against SARS in 2005. And Ivermectin after Australia did a lab pertri dish test in April 2020.
WHO was giving statements in July 2020 basically saying don't use either, even though there was very little risk in doing so and several studies said otherwise as well as lots of evidence from doctors treating patients.
Papers came out at a similar time on the role of Vitamin D, that taking supplements of Vit D, C, B1, Zinc could reduce severe outcomes circa 50% (best with help of Zinc Ionophore)

So by July 2020, we knew largely who was at risk. And there were some possible early treatments and what the costs and risk profiles were. Should we not have focused on those people and made sure they had access to supplements as well as medication (after all, there were no guarantees the vaccines would work and we couldn't just keep printing billions in new debt ---something like 80% of all the dollars in the world have been created in the last 12 months ---, destroying businesses or creating years of backlog in NHS).

By October 2020 we had more data lockdown states vs open in terms of overall change in mortality (that its perhaps not different enough to warrant the extra problems it creates).

So it seems by October we had enough data to do something different that winter, potentially save lives and reduce the negative impacts of lockdowns.

I don't think the censorship of doctors and other professional scientists is a good thing. It should raise eyebrows how connected Big Pharma is to the FDA, the CDC, the WHO, governments, universities and media outlets who have (post Trump) agreed to actively censor their platforms.
When you have the co-inventor of mRNA technology being deplatformed by a department of people with zero expertise, for talking about scientific data, something isn't right.
And its not just him, there seems to be plenty of examples of people with credible backgrounds being deplatformed or defunded or threatened with license revocation, the very actions of which adds suspicion whether its appropriate or not.

In addition we have been drilled that vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. I don't mean 70 year olds should wait to get infected, but anyone under 45 it seems like vaccination is likely a waste and potentially riskier.
Variants are outfoxing vaccines to some degree already, but folk with natural immunity dont seem to be getting it twice and possibly wont for their lifetime......unless they get vaccinated (again we dont know what the implications are).

EDIT
Forgot on the Big Pharma / FDA side. Possibly another biggest issue which lead to a completely one sided process. The conditional wording in the Emergency Use Authorisation.

"Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or
life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives."

This massively incentivised Big Pharma + investors to not only ignore alternatives to new treatments, but to potentially actively go after shutting them down.

It was a clause with understandable good intentions, but might have lead to undesirable results.

If that clause was not included. And some sort of compensation package had meant that off-patent drugs (once proven) would have paid more than they otherwise would.
Then perhaps some of the risk created by handing the solution to companies and then incentivising them to go one way, might have been mitigated.

Pigeon, do you think that you contracted Teferitus?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 13 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Lifetime prescriptions of vitamins and gastrointestinal parasite treatments would have been cheaper.

Question

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 14 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

JB

Best Comedy Gold Sockerino Account on t' Forum.

I thought 'ye canny make this shite up'.

I was wrong. Very Happy

I've always known he was a sock puppet and meme persona, but I always thought it was an inside joke by the BCF uppers' Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:20 - 15 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting with interest to see if the recent sporting events will contribute to the numbers and also what happens 2 to 3 weeks after the 19th. Was in Hospital yesterday for the usual run of Diabetic pokes and prods and none of the nursing staff i spoke to were looking forward to the aftermath of this - so it will be interesting to see what happens.

As for BCF and socks, if you worried about that you'd never reply to anyone. The place is an open psychiatric ward at the best of times.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:12 - 15 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any loosening of restrictions will see cases rise, and therefore deaths and serious illness. The point being they'll hopefully be on a much smaller scale now that 2/3 of adults have been vaccinated. Either we accept that we will never be out of these restrictions, or we get on with things. If the former, we should be doing it for flu too. Flu has never been eradicated, and every year between 20k and 60k people die of it. It is highly unlikely that Covid can ever be eradicated. Plus it's good for the planet to lock everybody up, and there is a substantial decrease in road accidents too. Everybody wins.

Where can I get me some BCF socks? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 15 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Where can I get me some BCF socks? Smile

In that bin over there >>

They might be a bit crusty though knowing the more frequent users of them...

Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 15 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that the same bin as all the twisted BCF knickers? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 15 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Would that the same bin as all the twisted BCF knickers? Laughing

They're at the bottom. Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightclubs...

Clubbing and Covid passports: 'Protect vulnerable people' or 'against civil liberties'?

This is a great example of where the BBC tries to show how relevant and unbiased they are - take a contentious issue and show both sides of the argument. Except there isn't any contention here, neither clubbers or club owners are in favour of any new restrictions. A fact that is buried near the bottom of the article.

It's a tactic the BBC seem to use a lot when that day's Hymn Sheet is totally bonkers.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

MPs agree the vaccine passport will not apply to them, just the little people and the young-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV29JgskkwY

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

MPs agree the vaccine passport will not apply to them, just the little people and the young-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV29JgskkwY

I just…. Words fail me. Surprised

They all think they’re special though. Like when John Kerry took a private jet to Iceland to collect an award for his work on… climate change

Quote:
It’s the only choice for someone like me.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
...but I always thought it was an inside joke by the BCF uppers'

I'm sorry ... the what?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB, I just can't buy into your conspiracy theory about Stinkers being the type to build dynasties of sockpuppetry.

The man has too much common sense.

I've known him online (and off, memorably at a party in Thinking ?Yorkshire? Thinking ) - longer than almost everyone else I've known online (with the exception of the former editor of The Horse Back Street Choppers who I have actually STILL not met) ... and certainly longer than anyone I have known on BCF, even Clanger. I recall Stinkwheel under a different name on ratbike.org a very VERY long time ago.

He's just not the multiple sockpuppet type. He doesn't have the need for directionless vitriol or insecure childishness.

Not that he needs any sort of defence from any of us, being a proper man's man - but still ... I think you're barking up a wrong tree there, sweetie.

Now, I know we're all prone to the odd extra account here and there Shifty

But I think Stinkers has more than enough on his plate with real life, than to be bothered with a lot of pretend carryings-on, unlike some of the rest of the people here, whoever the fuck they are Laughing

I mean ... how many of us are there to entertain?
Not that many these days ... why any sane person would bother with more than a couple of "extra" accounts is beyond me.

You would do better to look elsewhere babe, if you're trying to work out who are the Gerry Andersons of the forum, producing vaguely entertaining but somewhat wooden and predictable puppets.

Last edited by hellkat on 22:19 - 24 Jul 2021; edited 1 time in total

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:52 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
JB, I just can't buy into your conspiracy theory about Stinkers being the type to build dynasties of sockpuppetry.

The man has too much common sense.

I've known him online (and off, memorably at a party in Thinking ?Yorkshire? Thinking ) - longer than almost everyone else I've known online (with the exception of the former editor of The Horse Back Street Choppers who I have actually STILL not met) ... and certainly longer than anyone I have known on BCF, even Clanger. I recall Stinkwheel under a different name on ratbike.org a very VERY long time ago.

He's just not the multiple sockpuppet type. He doesn't have the need for directionless vitriol or insecure childishness.

Not that he needs any sort of defence from any of us, being a proper man's man - but still ... I think you're barking up a wrong tree there, sweetie.

Now, I know we're all prone to the odd extra account here and there Shifty

But I think Stinkers has more than enough on his plate with real life, than to be bothered with a lot of pretend carryings-on, unlike some of the rest of the people here, whoever the fuck they are Laughing

I mean ... how many of us are there to entertain?
Not that many these days ... why any sane person would bother with more than a couple of "extra" accounts is beyond me.

You would do better than to look elsewhere babe, if you're trying to work out who are the Gerry Andersons of the forum, producing vaguely entertaining but somewhat wooden and predictable puppets.

Awww. It's been a long time. Life sure gets in the way eh?

I still meet up with the ratbike guys a couple of times a year. Gone off the rally scene on the whole, it just got very samey. You wont even have met the lovely Mrs stinkwheel (or maybe you did at one of the R&S doos at the MFN? ) but I'll be sure to introduce you if we cross paths.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:26 - 25 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JB sock/panties account does afford the forum a modicum of light entertainment from time to time.

We need a broad spectrum of Cuntributers to augment the forum's colour/color pallet.

He somewhat helps to fill the void created when MDF/Donk flounced.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 268 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 42 of 84