Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Theory mocks - website recommendation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

mcgtech
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:54 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Theory mocks - website recommendation Reply with quote

Hi,

I sit my theory in a few weeks and I have read the relevant books and I now want to practice especially the hazard perception part.

I have driven a car for more years than I care to mention. I have passed my CBT and put in about 1k miles on my bike so far.

I was planning to sign up to the DVSA recommend website to practice but I have come across some unflattering reviews.

So before I waste time on it does anyone have any experience of the following: https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/shop/motorcycle/

Many thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JustinW
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the website I used, and I thought the hazard perception tests were very good practice. I had no trouble doing the test for real, and the website no doubt helped.

mcgtech
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:54 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Justin. I will go for it then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subscription seems a bit of a con, they used to sell DVD's. Suppose it would work for the short term providing you pass first time and don't face a long re-book time and therefore another subscription.

The hazard perception isn't that difficult. Its scored 5-1 depending on when you click (indicating that you've spotted the hazard). 5 is good and 1 is low. Its more about learning when to click, to be honest. The CGI clips take a while to get used to. On the real test if you click more than a few times per video you can get that part of the hazard perception voided (think it was 7 times when I did it years ago).

The questions were near identical on the actual test, so plenty of practice to memorise the answers helps.

Questions first and then hazard perception on the actual test. Best to practice all topics since their 50 random questions on the day.

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:19 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official DVSA bundle (theory test, hazard perception and Highway Code) is in the App store, I bought it last year, still have it.

Subscription model is a con to get you to keep paying for it, I’d be on my second £30 if I had gone that route.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:41 - 16 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used an iPhone app called motorcycle theory test+ it’s £6 for unlimited use and did the job for me. I subbed to the official one for a month which is good because gives more guidance but it’s very expensive if you need more than a month.

My test got postponed due to lockdowns so I didn’t want to keep forking out for the official one and the videos are the same.

deadbat
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:06 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To prepare for my theory I used https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/. It's official DVSA site and it has everything you need to pass both theory and hazard perception.

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:19 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely practice the hazard perception, if you already drive a car you will likely spot the hazards before the test wants you to, i did when i did practice runs, i had to learn when the test wanted you to flag the hazard, i failed every time first few runs as i was spotting things too early, had to learn to wait a second or two

deadbat
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:29 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:
definitely practice the hazard perception, if you already drive a car you will likely spot the hazards before the test wants you to, i did when i did practice runs, i had to learn when the test wanted you to flag the hazard, i failed every time first few runs as i was spotting things too early, had to learn to wait a second or two

So true. I've been flagging hazards way to early and only got better after great advise from my instructor. Flag when you see the hazard, wait 1sec and then put a couple more flags. This should work.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 220 days between these two posts...
krishay.baxter This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1