Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SV1000S Fi warning light.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:00 - 26 Jun 2021    Post subject: SV1000S Fi warning light. Reply with quote

Quick history, exhaust leak from join between rear header and collector, purchased new graphite gaskets. Also did valve clearances, oil and coolant + spark plugs for a full service. Put bike back together and started, running great, FI light comes on. I switch the bike off and realise the O2 sensor wasn't connected.

Re-connect the wire but the FI light wont go out after restart and when getting the Suzuki code up its comes up as C44, which is 'heated oxygen sensor'. Bar changing the sensor is there anything else I can do. Is the Suzuki ECU of this area smart enough to have a memory therefore will unplugging the battery for a while help?

I've ridden the bike for approx 5 miles and after this it came back on soon after restarting. Bike itself runs great!

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 26 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disconnecting the battery for a few hours. Worked on my K5 at least when I did something similar.

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:10 - 29 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would chance trying suzuki dealer to clear codes with their diagnostic tool. Then start swapping parts if that fails to clear the code.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 29 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki codes clear when you turn off the ignition.

Find the dealermode plug it will have a rubber cap and two small wires. Make it accessible when the ignition is on. Run the bike until you get the FI light up then stop the engine but leave the ignition on.

Short the two pins in the dealermode plug and the fault code will appear on the display. A paperclip will do it.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:16 - 07 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Suzuki codes clear when you turn off the ignition.

Find the dealermode plug it will have a rubber cap and two small wires. Make it accessible when the ignition is on. Run the bike until you get the FI light up then stop the engine but leave the ignition on.

Short the two pins in the dealermode plug and the fault code will appear on the display. A paperclip will do it.

Had done this to locate it to the lambda sensor, code C44 is coming up. Test of sensor shows it is the problem. Anyone know where to get replacements that dont cost the £300 odd of the OE item?

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 07 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy an eliminator and a plug for the sensor hole in the exhaust.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194165761373

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 07 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

OE Suzuki sensor is just a shitty 3-wire narrowband sensor IIRC don't pay £300 get a 3-wire, a used one if you like.

Or spend the 13 quid on that eliminator Alex linked to.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 08 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same on the Busa, use an eliminator.

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:16 - 08 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 4 wire on the sv. Thanks for the advice, will get the elimination kit.

carbon90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:04 - 26 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Just buy an eliminator and a plug for the sensor hole in the exhaust.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194165761373

We will try that as well. A buddy of mine recently acquired this SC1000S with the same FI issue and has been sitting for more than a year now. Got to finish installing the bumper and winch on the Ford truck before we can clear the garage.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:24 - 26 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you find that having the FI light n gives you an early rev limit? It's been a long while since I messed with Suzuki ECU's but I seem to remember the FI light be ing on invokes the neutral map which kicks the soft limiter in early. For sure wiring the clutch switch permanently closed does it.

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:21 - 27 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, did not find there was any limitation to revs. Bike ran fine apart from the FI light.

Have fitted the eliminator plug, however the sensor is well and truly stuck in the exhaust. Tried penetrating fluid and heat. Decided it was most likely going to damage the exhaust the way it was going so just cut the wire and left in situ.

Bike works fine as is, although could do with TB's balancing.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:03 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
OE Suzuki sensor is just a shitty 3-wire narrowband sensor IIRC don't pay £300 get a 3-wire, a used one if you like.

Or spend the 13 quid on that eliminator Alex linked to.

An eliminator doesn't really sort the problem , fuelling will be all over the place. Give these guys a ring- they sell loads of different Lambdas

https://www.gendan.co.uk/

If it's a generic 3 wire then they will sell them.

https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_O23WIRE.html
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1