BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Least favourite bikes owned previously?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1980 HD FLH1200. The last year of the 74 cu. in. shovelhead engine. That bike was a piece of crap. Ignition module failed, electronic voltage regulator failed. I hit a deer at 55 mph, went down and rashed up both sides of the bike. The bike accelerated like a lorry and stopped like a train. Eventually, it developed brake squeal like a train, an auditory reminder of its substandard stoppers. By 4000 miles, it had been into the shop 3 times under warranty repair and once for the deer strike. The shop owner said to me, "next time the bill is on you." No, sir. I rid myself of that POS shortly thereafter.

Last edited by jeffyjeff on 09:10 - 29 Jul 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:21 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP wrote:
Another vote for the 250 Superdream, I owned several of them as stop gap bikes.

The change in learner laws removed their whole raison d'etre meaning that they could be picked up for peanuts by the late 80s/early 90s.

The last one I had was pretty much mint and came with tax, MOT and about 6,000 miles on the clock. I think I gave about £300 for it, which was dirt cheap even then.

I gave £20 for a complete bike in boxes, late 90's. Worked a dream when done. Pun fully intended. Utterly bikes, I suspect that any basic legal 125 these days is perfectly on par with it, performance wise.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:06 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GS500, over and over. Wouldn't have one if you gave it to me with the airbox and underseat stuffed with £50 notes and promised me a new one in 3 weeks when it would inevitalbly die.

Proper shit bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

without doubt my KTM 625 SMC, really thought I wanted a supermoto and convinced myself it would be a great bike - tried and tried to like it but with exception to the 0 - 40mph acceleration it was boring as fuck and road handling was no where near as good as id imagined once you got moving a bit faster, sold after 12 months and wasn't too arsed about the 500 loss I took.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3