Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
hellkat wrote:
I'm finding myself back to being "slightly more energetic than previously".

Yeahhhhh ... I take that back.

On Thursday I did a one-day background cast thing on a music video (the second one I've been in - at least you'd recognise me in this one, if they don't cut me out of it Shocked )

... all I did all day was walk up and down with a lot of other people in a street in West London.
By the end of the day (gone 9pm) I was fucking knackered.

It was fun though, loads of interesting people, and the "talent" was very professional, didn't throw a wobbly at all bless.

Well if you told us the name of the artist and song that might help a bit!! Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not allowed. When it's released then I'll let ya know Laughing

I fully expect that I will get lost in the background, cos that's what background cast do.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! My eldest has had back surgery for [insert long words here] Laughing (actually Cauda Equina Syndrome.) Probably the equivalent of taking a Dremel to one of the disks.

Surgery on NHS 10/10 she felt (in all senses of the word given she was losing feeling in all sorts of unmentionable parts) a lot better. After care however 1/10. No edible food, no one answering when you press the bell, i.e. "I need to pee" nope, hop off the bed yourself Little Miss Back Surgery. Painkillers? Nope. Staples? Yeah, here's a tool. Take them out yourself in a few weeks. Staples in your back Rolling Eyes "We can provide you hospital transport to drop you home" yes, if you're prepared to wait ~12 hours.

Still, her quality of life's massively improved, that's the main thing.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got accepted at Ugly/Rage models following an "interview" on Tuesday.
I think its cos I showed them my egregious lack of railings.
(IRL I could be Bodyguard's sister mum)

I'll have to pay for re-registration AND new photos (of course) but what the hell, makes a change from worthy but tedious NHS work, day in and day out.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I'll have to pay for re-registration AND new photos (of course) but what the hell, makes a change from worthy but tedious NHS work, day in and day out.
I know someone who doesn't live too far away from you who is in that agency (or something very similar) and she is never off the telly. She's the main menu page picture on the Inbetweeners movie DVD (and in the film), she's died in Casualty, been a German bar maid with David Beckham, been in loads of comedy sketches and was one of the news items in that Ricky Gervaise thing 'After Life' it just goes on and on. I see her more on telly now than I ever did when we were all teenagers flying around on motorbikes and going down the Ruskin/Oscars.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Hopefully they'll come up with some work Cool Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I took my daughter to see the second Croods film.
Usually taking her to the cinema is too overwhelming for her so we haven't been together for a number of years.
This screening however was an 'autism friendly' version so I thought it might be ok.
The subtle changes to the usual onslaught of adverts, over the top volume and lighting were very effective and let her concentrate and enjoy the film far better than she could before.
Actually, I enjoyed the experience better too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I never heard of this so I checked thes web-site (also to check out yen's Friend - didn't find) but on Women P1..

..on what planet is Polish Agnes Ugly or 'Rage'?

https://www.ugly.org/2016/girls/girls-1/1324-agnes

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
..on what planet is Polish Agnes Ugly or 'Rage'?

https://www.ugly.org/2016/girls/girls-1/1324-agnes

Glancing through the photos I'd guess the name "Normal / Occassionally Striking Model Agency" didn't have the same panache Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:32 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FINALLY got this grommet fitted. It's been hanging about on the wire and not in the hole ever since the bike was delivered.

I've had a half-arsed go at getting it in place multiple times then given it up as a bad job.

I'm now not at all convinced it was ever in the hole. In order to get it fitted I had to drill the hole out from 10 to 12mm, split the grommet, soak it in boiling water and cover it in red rubber grease.

It took me longer to fit the grommet than it took to fit and time up the alternator.

This has been a "thing" now for at least four years. It's annoyed the shit out of me every time I walk past it.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVnQmF6B4BmG2TTIIFawWi5mQGVFLYHHU3yaPyjobnsrOVCc9_3w2ZeUOw4_sDL_A5qacuzOHh_9IQOB-MbAdnpra3gIm10Myc7v1qfRUt1kCawYK9xcVnXLByXhDzbKDcd8cPCdbFLozTCzlkAH5u2=w1711-h962-no

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

It took me longer to fit the grommet than it took to fit and time up the alternator.

Took me over an hour when I pulled it out after doing the alternator on one of mine. I'm sure the factory have some kind of shrink-ray they use to temporarily reduce it in size Laughing

And a I slightly tore it getting it back in so at some point I have the joys of doing it again Crying or Very sad

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A large Scotch egg with a salad cream dip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
I checked thes web-site

I see you've cancelled your subscription to the mature dating website, Mr A100. Can you give us some idea as to why that might be?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I managed to kick my arse into replacing the weepy water pump hose on my Streeeeple.
I only bought the new Samco hose about 5 years ago. Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:47 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully faster loading and an existing last page should oil some gears. The rest of the thread is archived here:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4157255

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkers, you're a diamond geezer.

This evening my gears have mostly been oiled by watching a very old interview of Dick Cavell interviewing Marlon Brando about the American Indians, he really was an iconoclastic old fart, terribly good at avoiding the "populist" questions of interviewers and making them feel uncomfortable, but my god he had a gorgeously mischievous smile.
https://youtu.be/uU-4wmwc2Rw?t=1653

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:10 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Hopefully faster loading and an existing last page should oil some gears. The rest of the thread is archived here:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4157255

Excellent. I think the same needs to be done with the the last thing you bought thread.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
A100man wrote:
I checked thes web-site

I see you've cancelled your subscription to the mature dating website, Mr A100. Can you give us some idea as to why that might be?

Eh? What?? Golly! Have you ID'd me in real life? Now I'm scared, real scared Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
No but I suspect you will be stalking the ladies from the Ugly agency website instead.

Besides, one of my personal rules is to never date chaps from forums.
So you are entirely safe.

Unless I decided to break it, of course... Thinking
But I haven't yet Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum has chaps? Ugh, if it does, they'll be all old and crusty Very Happy

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old is fine, crusty not so much.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it depend what they are encrusted with?

Oiling my gears today, in fact this week is Olympic Snatch - it's the gift that has kept on giving.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Does it depend what they are encrusted with?

Oiling my gears today, in fact this week is Olympic Snatch - it's the gift that has kept on giving.

Laurel Hubbard... with a 135kg snatch Shocked

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - and all the memes that it generated.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 04 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

I was staggered by the ladies hockey sides - not a decent pair of knockers between all of 'em

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 10 of 103