Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

you can’t book a test for this category - error message

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: you can’t book a test for this category - error message Reply with quote

I've started to look at dates to book my Mod 1 and Mod 2, but when I try to book an "A" Unrestricted bike Mod 1 test on the website I get an
"you can’t book a test for this category. please choose another type of test or contact the dvsa" error message.

I have passed my theory test and done by CBT and are (well) over 25, so are thinking that I should be able to go straight to the Direct Access Mod 1 & 2?

I have previously passed my theory, CBT and Mod 1, but didn't pass my Mod 2, so have had to start over again. That shouldn't stop me from redoing a Mod 1 again?
The system will allow me to book a Mod 1 as a A2 though.

Looking at the system, there is no availability for a test in Newport, Gwent until Christmas. I realise that there is a backlog, but would expect some availability. Do riding school block book appointments?

Also does the MOD 2 HAS to be taken an the same centre as where the MOD 1 was passed?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back logs can be a number of months long it depends on the test centre.

Yes schools block book so that at least two pupils can be attended by the same instructor. Bikerite doing MOD 1s just took their motorcycles to the test centre and had pupils turn up at the centre and just revolved one off next one on.

You can do MOD 1 and MOD 2 at different locations.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could just be their website glitching?

When did you pass your theory test? You have to take (both) practical tests within 2 years of that date. Maybe there are no tests available in that timeframe?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Re: you can’t book a test for this category - error message Reply with quote

gwernybwch wrote:
Do riding school block book appointments?

Yes, the bigger/busier ones do.

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:19 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Re: you can’t book a test for this category - error message Reply with quote

gwernybwch wrote:
I've started to look at dates to book my Mod 1 and Mod 2, but when I try to book an "A" Unrestricted bike Mod 1 test on the website I get an
"you can’t book a test for this category. please choose another type of test or contact the dvsa" error message.

I have passed my theory test and done by CBT and are (well) over 25, so are thinking that I should be able to go straight to the Direct Access Mod 1 & 2?

I have previously passed my theory, CBT and Mod 1, but didn't pass my Mod 2, so have had to start over again. That shouldn't stop me from redoing a Mod 1 again?
The system will allow me to book a Mod 1 as a A2 though.

Looking at the system, there is no availability for a test in Newport, Gwent until Christmas. I realise that there is a backlog, but would expect some availability. Do riding school block book appointments?

Also does the MOD 2 HAS to be taken an the same centre as where the MOD 1 was passed?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

It could be sheer weight of traffic on site causing error. Yes school do block book . When I was waiting for dates they would've me they were waiting for next load of test dates to be released to them.

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the replies.
I've had a bit of fiddle on the system and it will allow me to book a Mod 2 test, but not a Mod 1!

In March / April 2019 I had a go at getting my 'A' licence and passed my Theory / CBT and Mod 1. I thought that my Mod 1 expired when my theory expired in what would have been March 2021?
(I got my new theory and CBT in May / June this year)

I wonder what would happen if I book a Mod 2 test and rock up at the test centre? I presume that they check my paperwork including Mod 1 pass certificate and realise that it was from over 2 years ago?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 02 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwernybwch wrote:
I presume that they check my paperwork including Mod 1 pass certificate and realise that it was from over 2 years ago?!?

That's exactly what will happen. It's why you're told to bring all previous passes/certs to whatever test you're taking.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:57 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwernybwch wrote:

I wonder what would happen if I book a Mod 2 test and rock up at the test centre? I presume that they check my paperwork including Mod 1 pass certificate and realise that it was from over 2 years ago?!?

If your theory has not been done again you cant book mod 1, I would get in touch with them by phone, See what they say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:14 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Mod 1 theory. Reply with quote

I believe if theory has run out you need to re do theory and mod 1.

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, after calling the DVSA and waiting on the line for two hours and then getting transferred to another person I finally find out what the issue is.
It is all to do with me previously passing (now expired) a Mod 1. Because of that it seems that I can't book an 'A' licence Mod 1 online anymore and I get lumped in with people who have previously lost their licence. I want to book another Mod 1 I have to phone their call centre and have another 2 hour wait.
The other alternative is to book an A1 Mod 1 and then phone them who can then change it to an 'A' Mod 1 or get the bike school to book it for me via their special number.

spongefinger
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:02 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Mod 1 again ,? Reply with quote

I don't know if I'm being thick or misread your mail . But if you have already passed theory , CBT and mod 1 and only failed mod 2 why are you not just re doing mod 2 ?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: Mod 1 again ,? Reply with quote

spongefinger wrote:
I don't know if I'm being thick or misread your mail . But if you have already passed theory , CBT and mod 1 and only failed mod 2 why are you not just re doing mod 2 ?

Because there's a time limit - you have to have passed your practical tests within (I think) two years of passing your theory, or you have to start again.
AnnaMia This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

gwernybwch
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: Mod 1 again ,? Reply with quote

AnnaMia wrote:
spongefinger wrote:

I see your dimension. It took me some minutes to understand this, Any conclusion?

I took my 'A' licence Mod 1 over two years ago (and passed), but didn't progress to passing my Mod 2. So I have had to start over and have done my theory and CBT again.
The query was in relation to booking an 'A' licence Mod 1 online. The system wouldn't allow me to book an 'A' licence Mod 1 online.
The answer was that if you have passed a Mod 1 before (even if it has expired), the DVSA system won't allow you to book another online and can only book on over the phone.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1