Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 30 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Protégé 9/10

Sam Jackson, Maggie Q and Michael Keaton. Espionage, thriller, action movie. Set in Vietnam and London. Worth a watch, Maggie Q still looks terrific for a ropey old Chink.

Trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxd6uTtRZ8&ab_channel=TrailerCoverage

Actually she is 42, it's gonna be be a bit

https://i.imgur.com/o2S5eJM.jpeg

but I'd still have a go.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 20 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constantine (2005) - 8/10

I saw this film again today (netflix) and it still holds up, but I can't loose the feeling this feels a lot like much darker Matrix in some places. You can still tell Keanu Reeves really enjoyed being Neo in the Matrix films that he did prior to this film.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 25 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her master's voice, a film by Nina Conti about a trip she takes to a ventriloquist convention and about her relationship be with her mentor now deceased who was thirty years her senior. Its very oddball but touching. Its on IMDBtv

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 19 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flood (2007)

Judged by the starting premise (a tidal surge threatens to engulf London) and a cast which includes Robert Carlyle, Tom Courtenay and David Suchet this should have been a quality British disaster movie. But what were they thinking! The dreadful storyline and script reminds me of those cheap American made-for-TV movies with the same “I’ll just give it 5 more minutes,” awkward fascination. Utter tosh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 27 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Gladiator, yeah *that* one, never seen it before.
it was pretty good Laughing ...

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 29 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive my car
It's a very quiet and long film without exciting action at all.
Most of the part is reading script with least emotion.
Even mother tongue speaker like me felt this a bit boring.
Most of you will have to read the subtitle all the time.
I saw many "boring" comments on imdb and youtube. I understand it.
Unless you like reading long subtitles of emotionless script reading or you know Uncle Vanya story well or you hate action film, I can't suggest this film.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 31 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

For tonights viewing pleasure, I present....

Nightmare Beach

A biker slasher flick from 1989
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095740/

I really do watch some trash, but its free on Prime.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 09 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BULL Apple TV original, 8/10 worth a watch, stars Rod from the Football Factory (Neil Maskell).

Bull mysteriously returns home after a 10 year absence to seek revenge on those who double crossed him all those years ago.

https://youtu.be/tTWYhQQ81f8

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast 9

When will they stop churning this nonsense out? For those who saw F8 and laughed at how implausible, far fetched and ridiculous it was. You guys aint seen nothing yet. This heap makes F8 seem plausible.

It took idiotic and stupid to a whole new level. Do yourself a favour if you must watch this movie, turn off the brain or it will hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ This is supposed to be a film review thread Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Fast 9

When will they stop churning this nonsense out? For those who saw F8 and laughed at how implausible, far fetched and ridiculous it was. You guys aint seen nothing yet. This heap makes F8 seem plausible.

It took idiotic and stupid to a whole new level. Do yourself a favour if you must watch this movie, turn off the brain or it will hurt.

I sort of disagree, as a family we go to the cinema a lot, at least 3 or 4 times a month. When the cinemas reopened last May/June after god knows how many lockdowns. Fast and Furious 9 was the first thing, that I watched.

Yeah its absolutely ridiculous, going in to space ffs. But it really did cheer me up. I laughed at how stupid it was, but like I said, I was really happy to be back at the cinema.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:

I sort of disagree, as a family we go to the cinema a lot, at least 3 or 4 times a month. When the cinemas reopened last May/June after god knows how many lockdowns. Fast and Furious 9 was the first thing, that I watched.

Yeah its absolutely ridiculous, going in to space ffs. But it really did cheer me up. I laughed at how stupid it was, but like I said, I was really happy to be back at the cinema.

Dont get me wrong, It was awful but it was entertaining awful and you did sum it up. You laugh at how stupid it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:10 - 14 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Fast 9

Petril heids beleeve it all is possibel.

I can't even stand the fucking trailers for that Fast shite.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 Minutes (0/10)

A good nomination for possibly the worst film I've ever watched (recommended to me by the Netflix bot).

Guardian sez "tornado movie with plotting as catastrophic as the weather"

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
13 Minutes (0/10)

A good nomination for possibly the worst film I've ever watched (recommended to me by the Netflix bot).

Guardian sez "tornado movie with plotting as catastrophic as the weather"

Wurd is that the producers know it's shite and so named it for the length of time any sensible folk can watch it.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new batman.
too long, too dark, and not enough action. just another cape shite movie that i wouldnt want to sit through again.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bale is the most convincing Batman.
(After Adam West, as is Sean Connery the best Bond.)

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 15 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bales films are the only ones ive enjoyed to be honest.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbius

Went to see this last night. It was a bit disappointing. It has the potential to be so much better but story was more predictable than the weather and it was a bit of a let down.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 19 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Batman, available to download at the ususal places. 8.5/10

I enjoyed it, I was at home on sofa watching in 4K rather than a Cinema. One of the better batman films.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 19 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some murder mystery with a fairly hoary old Anthony Hopkins, bit of a twinkle in his eye - up against the gladsome Ryan Gosling being a bit of a smart arse. Dunno what it was called. Quite recent I reckon cos Hopkins is getting on a bit. But was not bad at all.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

watched Nomadland
Wasn't expecting birds, bombs and bullets nor nuffin
but it left me kind of luke warm.
The I did do watch Spiderman go back home or summat
Meh.
Then re watched A Korean sci fi movie called
Space sweepers
Corny and clunky in places but y'know? I rather enjoyed it anyway

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 20:42 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Some murder mystery with a fairly hoary old Anthony Hopkins, bit of a twinkle in his eye - up against the gladsome Ryan Gosling being a bit of a smart arse. Dunno what it was called. Quite recent I reckon cos Hopkins is getting on a bit. But was not bad at all.

Fracture (2007)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(2007_film)#:~:text=Fracture%20is%20a%202007%20psychological,a%20young%20assistant%20district%20attorney.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Northman - 9/10

Highly enjoyable. Cinematography was 10/10.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 20 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Fracture (2007)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(2007_film)#:~:text=Fracture%20is%20a%202007%20psychological,a%20young%20assistant%20district%20attorney.

Correct.
Its older than I thought it would be. Interesting.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 182 of 194