Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Riding 1hr to & from a trackday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
 Topic moved: from UK National to General Bike Chat by Korn (8 Apr 2005 - 13:36)
View previous topic : View next topic  

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Riding 1hr to & from a trackday Reply with quote

Hey folks,

How feasible is it to ride about an hour (maybe a bit less) to and from a trackday on an SZR660?

Im quite fit but I guess im going to be tired never the less. Is this a ridiculous propisition or just a bit uncomfortable?

Ta,

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:23 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Re: Riding 1hr to & from a trackday Reply with quote

Not a problem.

Many on here have done more.

Some have had a 3-4hour ride home after a trackday!

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:25 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride to and from all of my track days. Just this week (monday) i rode the 98 miles to silverstone in heavy rain, did a track day and rode the 98miles home in slightly lighter rain. 270miles in a day on a Hornet 600. I was tired and a little sore but i wasnt dead, and i'm not a very fit person.
HTH
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hustler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:25 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Re: Riding 1hr to & from a trackday Reply with quote

loply wrote:
Hey folks,

How feasible is it to ride about an hour (maybe a bit less) to and from a trackday on an SZR660?

Im quite fit but I guess im going to be tired never the less. Is this a ridiculous propisition or just a bit uncomfortable?

Ta,

The only issue for you I guess is if you stack it at the track! 1hr there and back is nothing.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:30 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Re: Riding 1hr to & from a trackday Reply with quote

Hustler wrote:
The only issue for you I guess is if you stack it at the track! 1hr there and back is nothing.

I crashed at silverstone last year and rode the bike back home. If id taken the bike on a trailer i would have taken it home and it would have sat in the garage never to be ridden again. Rideing home on it showed me how much i enjoy the bike so i fixed it up that week and it is now better than ever
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:32 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode 5hrs to my girlfriends friends house after a Cadwell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 23:42 - 06 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only ever done trackdays at Cadwell but every time I have ridden, it's about an hours ride from home to Cadwell.
Not really a problem on the YZF but was knackering on the NC30, so much so that I nearly dropped the bike on the driveway as my legs had seized on the pegs. Laughing

paulyzf600
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:23 - 07 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done a few trips to santa pod on mine on a sunday morning which is about a three and a half hour trip then back again in the evening! granted it's only a drag strip but the journey is a long one but it's ok so long as you rest when you need to!

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:29 - 07 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ridden to five trackdays without problem. The worst I had was riding to Donington (90 miles away), doing 25-minutes sessions all day, covering 185 miles on the track ( Shocked ) and then riding home. I was okay but I was aching for several days and knackered when I got back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1