Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Small plates and cameras

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:11 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Small plates and cameras Reply with quote

I know for a fact (unfortunately) speed cameras read small plates just fine, (as expected, it already came with, I didn't get it for any purpose).

However, mine seems to have avoided some generic bus lane camera, (or my post is 1 week late). That's me in front, unawarely leading my friend through illegalities.

https://i.ibb.co/h7Cb1DQ/Whats-App-Image-2021-09-03-at-09-55-30.jpg

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sick, twisted, kitten slaying bastard Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:34 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man.

I love a small plate lol. Mines has the added bonus of being fitted with velcro to fuck traffic wardens off.(honest !)

SirFallalot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:51 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Good man.

I love a small plate lol. Mines has the added bonus of being fitted with velcro to fuck traffic wardens off.(honest !)

I have thought about taking it off when parking in private car parks (after realising Hastings now charges for bikes), but I'm not risking that eh.

photoman
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: Small plates and cameras Reply with quote

SirFallalot wrote:
I know for a fact (unfortunately) speed cameras read small plates just fine, (as expected, it already came with, I didn't get it for any purpose).

However, mine seems to have avoided some generic bus lane camera, (or my post is 1 week late). That's me in front, unawarely leading my friend through illegalities.
]

It isn't speed cameras that the numbers are designed to be read with. Speed cameras are pretty well 'catch all'.

it is the ANPR cameras they are designed for to track vehicles and highlight those 'of interest' to the Police and other law enforcement agencies.

As for local authority cameras I cannot comment except to say they can be successfully challenged because I have found by experience that they are sometimes used when there is no Traffic Order in force to make them legal. The City of York had to pay back millions in fines to motorists who had driven over a bridge in York restricted to some vehicles when it wasn't authorised.

I was caught in Durham on a road with restricted entry and contested the fixed penalty because the sign was not the 'No Entry' type which is a red disc with the wording 'No Entry' What they had erected was a board with small lettering about 2" high that could not possibly be read even if you were travelling very slowly.

Last edited by photoman on 13:29 - 03 Sep 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small plates are just the same as big plates further away. What's the diff, officer?

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.16b92395cab33d3b9d7a401be6a20282?rik=zs5PYAmdMbM5Qg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.scifun.ed.ac.uk%2fpages%2fabout_us%2fshows%2fimages%2fsurvival-faraway.jpg&ehk=jsFcTMtiJJRmpw7J50jlVRthjgND25rnH4cZClCiPNI%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

photoman
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Small plates are just the same as big plates further away. What's the diff, officer?

Well the difference is they are not legal. Like it or not that is the stipulated size. Ignore the rule and pay up, it is your choice.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

photoman wrote:
xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

Well the difference is they are not legal. Like it or not that is the stipulated size. Ignore the rule and pay up, it is your choice.

I see you're new to the internet - welcome.

All my plates are actually legal so I ain't paying shit Middle Finger

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Re: Small plates and cameras Reply with quote

photoman wrote:

It isn't speed cameras that the numbers are designed to be read with. Speed cameras are pretty well 'catch all'.

it is the ANPR cameras they are designed for to track vehicles and highlight those 'of interest' to the Police and other law enforcement agencies.

I'm not even sure how useful ANPR cameras are either TBH

I (unwittingly*) ran my Street Triple this year with no MOT for a good 5 months, full sized legal plate, I even have to ride past a cop shop on my commute (albeit only a few mile commute), plus all the other jaunts i make on it, and not one single letter/fine/points/whatever

* bought from dealer, assumed it had 12 MOT..... it didn't, oops

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:17 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT is only a fine and not even points. No fucks are really given by the filth about MOTs.

ANPR cares about cars associated with crime, and un-insured/un-licensed vehicles/drivers only and it would be to track movements unless on a police vehicle which will pull you if the ANPR identifies you as a vehicle of interest.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1