Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
I see ITV is dragging up another documentary about Stephen Lawrence

He does seem to get more than his fair share of coverage. It is odd how the media pick certain causes - think of him, Maddie McCann, Suzy Lamplugh to name three chosen for no explicable reason in preference to the thousands who have been killed or disappeared over the years. I used to think the media went for totty because the death of someone easy on the eye means more than the death of a tug, but perhaps not any more...

I can understand Maddie McCann. Posh parents who MIGHT have done something naughty, left alone, disappeared and no result but the rest I have to agree.

If as much effort had been expended into trying to stop blacks killing blacks as rubbing white noses into SL's murder there might have been a few more of those kids still alive but hey, that's not what the wankers pulling the media strings want to talk about.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doreen is finished having her Soreen.

But seriously, she's an influential women and at no point more than in the last 20 odd years does she feel like she's getting somewhere. She'll drag all the Labour hard lefts into the discussion so expect Dawn Race Baiter to be out in force, almost certainly, to 'promote'.

What's really sad is trying to work out whether Doreen actually realises that there's a possibility she might be milking her own son's death for her own ends.

That's horrible to even type.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailer on TV for SL...

Wife: ffs, not this shit again!

Pretty much sums up the general consensus AFAIK. It's like we're continually forced to exhume the coffin to exploit kick the corpse Sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 08 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Radio 4’s World at One programme today wrote:
24:13 Why don’t young black people use job centres?

Jeremy Crook, Chief Executive of the Black Training & Enterprise Group, Advisor to the Dept of Work and Pensions, co-chair on the Department for Education’s Equality & Diversity group. wrote:
Our work with young, black men in particular shows that they don’t like to go to the Job Centre, they feel there’s a lot of stigma and prefer not to claim benefits, and survive on their own means…

"We need to do more," etc. I think we’ve done plenty in terms of opportunity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000zdtw

I’m not sure how we know the unemployment rate if they’re not signing on though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 08 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similarly on Channel 4 News, ending the report on unemployment and ethnicity-

Quote:
This is the picture of modern Britain; Brick Lane on a sunny afternoon. Why then can’t the jobs market look more like this too?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 08 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reflection of modern Britain? Brick Lane?! It's an anomaly, for which London has many. Like going to Soho on a Saturday night and saying Britain must be very Gay Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 08 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most celebrated bronze statues has been removed. Made by France for America, a wonderful masterpiece.

But hey, Rip own.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/08/robert-e-lee-statue-confederate-general-richmond-virginia

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurrectionists cheer the removal of a statue of an insurrectionist Thinking

Irony... it's like Goldy and Bronzey Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:04 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, if there is actually a Gawd/any justice, some kunt/s get Maimed/Killed/Seriously Injured/and or/all of the above, auto-removing statues.

Laughing Laughing

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:26 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Black History Month again Shocked

https://www.blackhistorymonth.org.uk/article/section/opinion/black-history-is-british-history/

Quote:
What is my wish? I would like to see the nascent campaign to debase and smear the objectives of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement fail.

Nascent campaign to smear BLM?! Is nascent even the right word? Does she really mean that there is a smear campaign in its infancy? What is the smear she refers to? Of course, present as fact and never give any detail, the race baiters favourite trick.

Dr Vivienne Connell-Hall - Defence Diversity & Inclusion ...https://uk.linkedin.com › dr-vivienne-connell-hall-7b9b...
London, England, United Kingdom · Defence Diversity & Inclusion Programme · UK Ministry of Defence

Shocked

Quote:
Although, you tried so hard to stop us, put all kind of obstacles in our way, yet we still contributed. We still participated and we are still here. Paradoxically, we must squeeze 100s of years of our story, the story of Black people, into 31 days that can never be enough time. There is an opportunity for a concentrated focus on Black historical input and achievement, in the United Kingdom. It is also a period tinged with disappointment, when I reflect upon the limited time given over to this during the rest of the year. As well as to the extent of the whitewashing and omissions; for example, in the recent scandal surrounding the Windrush Generation, polls have shown that the majority of the population were partially or wholly ignorant of that aspect of British history.

Let's cut to the nitty-gritty.

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, in the recent scandal surrounding the Windrush Generation, polls showed that most of the population didn’t know about this. The truth is what the symbolism of The Empire Windrush presents, is that Black people came here at the invitation of a Conservative government as much needed vital labour to rebuild this country after the devastation and ravages from WW2. Sadly, this vital piece of British history has been for many years until recently been left out of the school curriculum and off our TVs. We are now playing 70 plus years of catch-up to try and educate a new generation and remind previous ones at the same time.

Well, for starters Windrush docked in Tilbury 1948 and unless Clement Attlee was some sort of double agent for the Tories, I'm pretty convinced it was a Labour Government in charge. Labour inviting a boat full of foreign workers might well be believable if it were to happen today, but back then the Labour party were somewhat more focussed on white working class people and their interests first.

Secondly, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the 'Government invited' - this is patently false.

The Windrush owners placed an advert in a newspaper because the ship was half full and that's not a very profitable way to set sail. The rest, as they say, is history.

https://blogs.canterbury.ac.uk/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/638/2019/10/Newspaper_advert_for_passengers_to_sail_on_Empire_Windrush.jpg

https://www.hertsmemories.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Shields-Daily-News-22-June-1948-jobless-jamaicans.jpg

The Commons wrote:
Mr. Gammans
Sharethis specific contribution
asked the Minister of Labour how many of the Jamaicans who came to this country on the "Empire Windrush" are still registered as unemployed.

The Minister of Labour
(Mr. Isaacs)
Of the 242 Jamaicans who were accommodated at Clapham, 23 left of their own accord and the remaining 219 were placed in employment.

Mr. Gammans
Can the Minister say what is the policy of the Government regarding labour from the West Indies? Do they encourage it or discourage it?

Mr. Isaacs
With respect, I think that does not arise out of the Question, but I can tell the hon. Member that provided we are notified of the arrival of any of these people, we will do our very best to place them, as we did in this instance.

Viv The Expert wrote:
I am fortunate enough to be sufficiently informed in these matters, enabling me to teach my children (and 10 year old grandson) what the state has failed to do, saving them from such ignorance and instilling them with a sense of pride along the way. My aim, and that of my generation, is that all children will have at least heard the names and stories of our Black heroes and contributors.

Well, well, well. Fake news. Moreover, the bare faced cheek of her to suggest the majority of the population are ignorant, yet here I am able to establish the facts of history, whilst she gets paid to shill out D&I and can't even get the basics right Doh!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazed this thread is still going, the whole BLM thing is getting a lot less publicity than a year ago, as I predicted it is just blowing over. Just let it go by.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Amazed this thread is still going, the whole BLM thing is getting a lot less publicity than a year ago, as I predicted it is just blowing over. Just let it go by.

Let's just hope their corporate funding dries up as well.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Let's just hope their corporate funding dries up as well.

The establishment seems to have taken BLM in, given it a seat and a salary, agreed that bad things happened in the past and allowed the whole diversity & inclusion thing to permeate. In doing so they’ve unintentionally neutered what was supposed to be a revolt. There wasn’t a big issue in this country, and not all injustices are race-based. Now, asked what needs to change they can only dwell on the past

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BLM 'thing' will not blow over while businesses and institutions continue to push CRT-based 'diversity training' and other such policies, even if BLM, the organisation, itself disappears. Alas, the damage is done. This whole thing is poison, and promotes racism. It must be eradicated.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The BLM 'thing' will not blow over while businesses and institutions continue to push CRT-based 'diversity training' and other such policies, even if BLM, the organisation, itself disappears. Alas, the damage is done. This whole thing is poison, and promotes racism. It must be eradicated.

And, your final solution.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ban CRT from all our institutions, simple. It's already illegal in many places.

Quote:
“CRT is an ideology that sees my ‘blackness’ as victimhood and their ‘whiteness’ as oppression. We are absolutely clear that the government stands unequivocally against critical race theory. Any school that teaches these elements of CRT as fact, or promotes partisan political views such as defunding the police without offering balanced treatment of opposing views is breaking the law.”

Olukemi Badenoch -Conservative Member of Parliament for Saffron Walden

It needs banning wholesale, from everywhere.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Uncle Adolph had the right idea.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Uncle Adolph had the right idea.

An interesting take on the subject. Care to elucidate? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1u5gYnAh83WKaNs1OwXI65qNBmfxrI73iTA&usqp=CAU

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what that noble German institution has to do with CRT or BLM. As I understood it, most of their 'employees' were from northern Europe and the Soviet Union.

A quick search for Hugo Boss's finest in an attempt at a smart retort, and I found this. It tickled me, I don't know why...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That uniform would be fitting for the SNP.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
^ That uniform would be fitting for the SNP.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12168473.scots-plotted-hitler-alliance-home-rule-faction-wooed-nazis/

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:27 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been informed that all students on my MSc course must attend a mandatory Diversity and Inclusion seminar. I hope this one goes better than the last one I attended that descended into absolute farce.

On the last D&I course my employer used an outside company to run the training course and in our group, there was 2 of us that belonged to the minority groups they identified, myself and an Indian guy called Samit. With me being Jewish, Middle Eastern and non-heterosexual, the woman running the course wanted to use me as some sort of poster-child of discrimination and wanted me and Samit to describe to the group exactly what effect their racism, homophobia and antisemitism had on us.
Her reaction when we both told her that neither of us had faced any discrimination or "-ism" from our colleagues at all was priceless. She just would not accept that we were both treated with nothing but total respect, professionalism and equality. She actually seemed genuinely upset about it.
The Healthcare company I worked for had very robust and well enforced anti-discrimination policies.This, combined with the fact that the people I worked with were all decent, educated and intelligent people meant that there really were no problems at all with any sort of discrimination. The only problems I had were from patients, and it was quickly made clear to them that it was unacceptable and that it would be best if they found a different practice for their treatment.

I though that these courses were just box-ticking exercises, but they are actually worse than that. If anything they actually reinforce discrimination by setting different groups of people in opposition and confrontation with each other. I am not claiming that I have never faced discrimination, I have and still do, face homophobia, racism and anti-semitism, but that is due to ignorance and stupidity and unfortunately there will always be stupid and ignorant people in all areas of life.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:49 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
non-heterosexual,

Do you ride a harley? It's for statistical purposes only.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:17 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
martin734 wrote:
non-heterosexual,

Do you ride a harley? It's for statistical purposes only.

Oh fuck no, I said I am non-heterosexual, not an assless chap wearing screaming queen! Shocked Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 155 of 184